User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I think that Durai was pretty quick guy and good with the planning and organizing. So the Mallers got there stuff together quickly.
    Gun shops would be a prime target for raids by anyone with the wherewithal to be out looking. Having a safecracker on the team, i would put him on the gun shop runs.

I agree with Liam above in that I think we needed a start to a brewing conflict between Scratch and Burt early on. We also needed the Mallers to have access to the RPGs. 2 birds with one safe crack.

Scratch HAD to be out of ammo at the time of that first meeting by the tanker or she would have probably blazed away at somebody before Burt's fancy shooting. That would have put one or more main characters down early on. Not good.....

Anyway, I'm moving over to the side that says the Family probably has more to do with the story than just tying in Scratch's story. What that is, I don't know. But it could get interesting.
    Likes Merlin1274 liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Well, it's not like scavenging gunshops is what they do all the time. And only because Scratch was #2 back then, it seems that she had to stick with the "rations" of ammo given to her, just like anybody else.

But, yeah: It is not the first time that theories evolve around probable relations between Burt and (some of) the Mallers. So I won't challenge this. I just feel uncomfortable with something being so far back in the past that I have doubts that things so old will become relevant another time. the Locked and Loaded raid was important to establish the conflict between Burt and Scratch, when they first appeared. But else? We will see.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Sorry, I am a bit of a pit bull on the where the hell was Burt and how could Latch get there before he did as well as where the hell was Saul on the first night when they let Lizzy in as other people are about Michael's arm. Toss in the whole CJ tells Saul and victor that she, Glenn and Pete are busy.

Time and time again we see characters unable to respond to what I think are important events.

To Wit on night one
    Everybody go to sleep with your doors open in case of emergency...
    Michael yells Help.
    Angel runs down, says he forgot the keys, runs back to his room and then to Michael. Then Saul's shows up. Was he too afraid or did he have to put on his facial makeup? He heard Michael yell, because we hear him respond verbally well before he shows up physically.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Oct 21st, 2013 at 07:08 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Sorry, I am a bit of a pit bull on the where the hell was Burt and how could Latch get there before he did as well as where the hell was Saul on the first night when they let Lizzy in as other people are about Michael's arm. Toss in the whole CJ tells Saul and victor that she, Glenn and Pete are busy.

Time and time again we see characters unable to respond to what I think are important events.

To Wit on night one
    Everybody go to sleep with your doors open in case of emergency...
    Michael yells Help.
    Angel runs down, says he forgot the keys, runs back to his room and then to Michael. Then Saul's shows up. Was he too afraid or did he have to put on his facial makeup? He heard Michael yell, because we hear him respond verbally well before he shows up physically.
    You, you have a good point about it. Maybe this is "just" a depiction of human flaws and failure. *g*
    As for Burt:

Burt hid in his bathroom in order to avoid them zombs killing him. Although he is a gun-maniac, he also knows how to assess situations from a military or strategic point of view: plenty of zombs against one guy with a gun. Hiding in the bathroom helped him safe ammo; and he also accidentally covered in the smell of washin-room stuff, as it seems.
    But he lost track of time. No food and only some water left he also started to fall un- or half-conscious. Just remember how Saul and Angel found him: Burt did not knock the door frantically and ask for being helped out; he was down and close to a serious medical situation. It may be only a shot; but I guess that the Mallers/ Latch showed up at about that time, close before Angel and Saul showed up. They took their chances and went away with all the good stuff.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I wonder when did the opportunity arise for Scratch to start the jail break at Eastern Bay. I would have thought that the prisoners would have had a late start on the looting. I can see the prison guards abandoning the prison to protect loved ones when news gets out that TSHTF, but just when would that have happened and to what extent. So we have...

1. Outbreak begins
    2. Out break spreads
    3. LA realizes that TSHTF, everyone for themselves
    4. Scratch jail breaks the Mallers
    5. Mallers loot Burt's shop, across town
    6. At some point Burt shows up AFTER all of this
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    1. At some point Burt shows up AFTER all of this
    Ah, ok. I missed hav must this ... er ... must have missed this ...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    We can get complicated and have someone loot the store. Then, Burt shows up low on ammo and hides and the mallers come and loot the safe while Burt is passed out.

But it seems to me he would haul ass ad get to the store. There also does not really appear to be time for mob-rule looting. From Bell to the tower they find two survivors. No mobs. Inside the tower, Bill and Datu. A really dead dude with his throat torn out, a suicide, a zombie Cindy, one other zombie on the ninth floor(?).

Like Saul says, I do not get it, three (?) days and there is no one left in LA. I do not know if the mast majority of people just died where they were or reanimated and migrated underground or something.

We do hear lots and lots of thumps as they drive. Are those dead people? We hear the same thumps when Burt and Lizzy drive the tanker back to the tower and Lizzy says that running them over does not help the stink-factor. Gross, but I hope that the thumps we hear are bodies when Saul and Angel are driving. At least we then know that the people did not really go anywhere they just died in the streets.
    Likes scbubba, Merlin1274, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    If Scratch joins Michael, the reason for it must be huge. Also who does know that Pegs is the one that killed Latch? Only reason I could see a team up is so Scratch can get a clean shot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234