User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    Jeez...what did I just read?

I'll go ahead and throw this one out there, what if we get a situation where Michael is stuck out in the field and all the other guys(puck, Robbins etc) are dead?...bumps into scratch...what would happen then?
    That depends. Are we still talking dirty about Scratch?
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    That depends. Are we still talking dirty about Scratch?
    that depends....will it involve slamming mikes arm in a door?
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    As for the RPG, when do you think they got it. One of the Mallers (Tardust?) asks her about the 'thing' they got from (gun shop? Gun store safe? Old man's store?) I'm not sure what he called it but it might be important. If it was the safe then I think it would have been well after the outbreak. I doubt Burt would have kept that in the easy-to-access regular safe, but rather the super secret inner sanctum safe that nobody had the combo to. The thing that bugs me about it is that Burt tells Micheal the he had hoped the Mallers didn't have it. This very well could mean that he already knew the the RPGs were missing and was hoping that someone other than the Mallers had them. If that's the case then they could have been missing from the start, but why in the world would Burt keep them outside the super secret safe? What do make of this?
    Wasn't there a scene though, wherein Michael and Burt are discussing the RPGs and Burt says that he had a buyer coming for them before the outbreak? If that's the case, I think that would explain it being in an outer safe, instead of a more permanent one. I'm not entirely sure if that's exactly how the scene went though.

that depends....will it involve slamming mikes arm in a door?
    ...Kinky?

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Jeez...what did I just read?

I'll go ahead and throw this one out there, what if we get a situation where Michael is stuck out in the field and all the other guys(puck, Robbins etc) are dead?...bumps into scratch...what would happen then?
    This so much depends on so many factors ...
    - What is the situation like?
    - How well are they armed?
    - Who recognizes whom first?
    - Michael: How much "human" he will act?
    - Scratch: Does she see opportunities for her personal goals?

I don't think in that situation there would be something like a clash of titans or a ll balls out ultra-death match Mortal Kombat style ... They would point guns at each other, but then both would start talking! That's what both really like to do ... Scratch is the evil guy teasing and testing the will of her opponent in order to make him uncautious and then strike him; and Michael always asks the Why-questions in order to assess a situation and find out what the options are, because Michael does not feel well with a situation boiling down to "there is no option like no option" ...

It would be totally different if Burt and Scratch would accidentally meet in the wild ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    RE: Account
    Good cach wih CJ's Account and we KNOW she has nothing to hide, lol.

RE: RPG
    Burt said he had a buyer so it was in the front safe. Was it planned before the out-break or after? It is strange that the mallers would go to locked and loaded when it is so far away.
    Likes Merlin1274, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

I think the Mallers came along Locked and Loaded during one of their many scavenging runs - maybe on purpose, maybe just randomly.
    You should not forget: Besides the Mallers the Dunbarians did scavenging runs all over the place with small car-convoys. So any store, police station, or point of interest, which held stuff survivors would need, was targeted by both groups (not to mention our poor fellas from the Tower). So quite soon each group would have had to spread through the city.
    Locked and Loaded - I am not certain, is this kind of a franchise, a chain of shops in the US - might have been of general interest for any arms-affine group of survivors, because there you get different guns, different ammo, maybe other survival gear as well. With that in mind Mallers might have gotten there (as well as to any other arms-shop) on purpose just to grab the right stuff - as they did. And with cars and a group of armed survivors the distance between the Mall and Locked and Loaded might not have been so extraordinarily long.
    I also think that the Mallers had a very good understanding about the spreading of the zombocalypse (check the Kalani backstory: the Mallers kept track of where (and when?) them zombs appeared; later we learn that the Mallers planned to nuke the Arena, so the plan for this already existed when Lizzy, Saul, and Burt took the tanker-rig, which again speaks in favor of a very well organized and thought through planning of the Mallers). So maybe they took this into account while planning their scavenging runs and raids. Again - no reason, not to go to Locked and Loaded ...

Just 2 more cents from me.
    Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 21st, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    And lock picking a gun safe is such a common skill anybody could do it, right? And the mallers were so awesome at scavenging from all the gun shops in LA that Latch and Scratch were all out of ammo and they did it before Burt could get to his store to protect it.

Something is up

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post

I don't think in that situation there would be something like a clash of titans or a ll balls out ultra-death match Mortal Kombat style ... They would point guns at each other, but then both would start talking! That's what both really like to do ... Scratch is the evil guy teasing and testing the will of her opponent in order to make him uncautious and then strike him; and Michael always asks the Why-questions in order to assess a situation and find out what the options are, because Michael does not feel well with a situation boiling down to "there is no option like no option" ...

It would be totally different if Burt and Scratch would accidentally meet in the wild ...

Best wishes!
    Liam

Perfectly thought out.
    +1
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    And lock picking a gun safe is such a common skill anybody could do it, right? And the mallers were so awesome at scavenging from all the gun shops in LA that Latch and Scratch were all out of ammo and they did it before Burt could get to his store to protect it.

Something is up
    Well, it's not like scavenging gunshops is what they do all the time. And only because Scratch was #2 back then, it seems that she had to stick with the "rations" of ammo given to her, just like anybody else.

But, yeah: It is not the first time that theories evolve around probable relations between Burt and (some of) the Mallers. So I won't challenge this. I just feel uncomfortable with something being so far back in the past that I have doubts that things so old will become relevant another time. the Locked and Loaded raid was important to establish the conflict between Burt and Scratch, when they first appeared. But else? We will see.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    Wasn't there a scene though, wherein Michael and Burt are discussing the RPGs and Burt says that he had a buyer coming for them before the outbreak? If that's the case, I think that would explain it being in an outer safe, instead of a more permanent one. I'm not entirely sure if that's exactly how the scene went though.
    You are absolutely right! Burt says that is was in his safe and not his vault because a buyer was coming for it. Chapter 24 at 29 minutes.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast