User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA Points1 year registeredWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Pegs balances the entire We're Alive story, in my opinion. It's her cheery demeanor and happy voice that makes you want things to get better, even though you know they won't. I literally just sent her an email regarding wardrobe for an upcoming photoshoot just minutes ago and said this:

"For you, I think simple, cheery looking clothing (something a little older that you don’t mind getting dirty) works best and brings out the best notes of your character. Constant optimism and cheer in even the worst situations.

It’s also a great kick in the feels; years ago, I was an afterschool teacher and I remember one little girl whose family wasn’t very well off, had a plastic doll (the kind with the eyes that opened and closed) that she absolutely loved and would never go anywhere without. The doll was completely battered and dirty, but the image of this girl holding onto this smiling doll was the right mix of happy and sad rolled into one. Sort of like the story The Velveteen Rabbit.

Seeing a smiling, positive Pegs in a happy (but somewhat worse for wear) outfit would *really* tug at the heartstrings – something with flowers, or a bright color like yellow!"

Her character is one that took a little while to grow on me; like Datu. At first you're thinking "this is totally out of place", but as you listen to them go through crisis after crisis, you end up really caring about them!
    Likes MickGinger liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Pegs has grown more confident as the story progressed. Now the survivors need her more than she has ever been needy. If you like our survivors then you'll have to respect Pegs and how she has grown. Right now, she's feeding them. Also (Skip if you haven't gotten to Chapter 42 yet)
    SPOILER 
    Likes MickGinger liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

I don't care how useful Pegs now is. She gets on every nerve I have. She's been wishy washy and annoying since day one. I thought making her be able to fly was much too late to save her character and no...it didn't do anything for me that she got them to Irwin safely. I also abhor the way she treated Michael. If I had to think about it too long, I'm not a fan of most of the female characters.
    Likes Elisa liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Ginja View Post
    I don't care how useful Pegs now is. She gets on every nerve I have. She's been wishy washy and annoying since day one. I thought making her be able to fly was much too late to save her character and no...it didn't do anything for me that she got them to Irwin safely. I also abhor the way she treated Michael. If I had to think about it too long, I'm not a fan of most of the female characters.
    Sir, you may not speak unkindly about The Pegs!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH1 year registered
    I posed on this topic before, so i just had to dig and find it.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalJHP View Post
    I actually like pegs. Sure, she can be a ditz, but i understand Michael's attraction to her. She is the exact opposite of the horrible situation that Michael finds himself as a leader in. He deals with death, fear, and destruction on every choice he makes every day, and she is there in the sun, tending her garden and cows, with a smile, and an upbeat attitude.

If you are in a situation of hopelessness, there is nothing better to have someone to love that makes you feel like there is something to hope for.
    That is also why Datu and Hope stuck together for so long through so much.
    Likes stargazer18 liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

It's ma'am and the topic is Who doesn't like her.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

I apologize for the gender mishap! I saw MR Whiskers as your avatar and jumped to conclusions. You likely have considerably less hair than Mr. Whiskers as well, but that too is an assumption.

As we live in a beautiful day and age in which individuals have the personal freedom to dislike THE PEGS, they will be forever lowered in the esteem of others who recognize the sound of wind blowing through THE PEGS' hair as the song 'Dreamweaver' playing in the background.

Sing with me: "ooh wooooh, Dreeeeeaaaaamweeeeeeaver"
    Likes kent17, Ginja liked this post

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I'm more annoyed now by Lizzie with her "you just left!" whining to Burt and Riley then I ever had by Pegs. Pegs just has a too sweet and innocent disposition to dislike, but yes at times first annoyed by her hesitance but then impressed with her okay lets do it attitude.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    I'm more annoyed now by Lizzie with her "you just left!" whining to Burt and Riley then I ever had by Pegs. Pegs just has a too sweet and innocent disposition to dislike, but yes at times first annoyed by her hesitance but then impressed with her okay lets do it attitude.
    I'm giving Lizzy the benefit of the doubt and hormone credit since she's pregnant and had been separated from them for so long but I kinda agree. I don't really care for the turn she's taking...seems wayyyy too clingy now.
    Likes Robzombie liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    I respect Peggs for her growth and contributions (mediocre as they may be) to the group, and as a character she's ok, however when she starts whining and crying, and begging for help that voice is like nails on a chalkboard. In the first episode, first iritiated me when she was whining about jumping off the roof. She's lucky that I wasn't Micheal otherwise her *** would still be up there.
    Then she started voicing the web design comercial and that was shear torture "Oh Micheal please help....." *BOOM* headshot!
    Thankfully with her character growing the further into the series, she's leaving alot of the whining behind.
    Likes Ginja liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast