User Tag List

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Pin Why does Ink (TOWTM) never attack the Mallers?

So, as i was listening to my 11th listen-through of the entire series, i thought of something:
    why doesn't The One With The Markings (Ink) ever attack the Mallers?
    i mean, there's no account given, if he did, but it seems like he only attacks "the good guys".

Notes:
    i'm assuming Bill Roberts = The Man in the Pinstripe Suit.
    He was a convicted Murderer, i think.
    He must be really, REALLY smart (intelligent), in order to do all of things he has done.
    His previous mental-health is either not a factor or has fueled his desires/plans for the turned-ones.

So i'm assuming that the Mallers never ran into Ink on their own.

the only time i can think of TOWTM and the Mallers being in the same place is during the first battle of the Tower, but even then, Ink's attention seemed to be fully focused on the Tower and not the Mallers.

So it is just his vague association with being a "theif, murder, etc" to the Mallers that are sparing their lives?
    or is there something deeper.

Also, random observation:
    When Samantha was being hauled away by the Zombies she says:
    "Wait, no, Jacob. Don't!" or something like that. Who is Jacob?!?!
    Last edited by Footbutt; Oct 10th, 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Likes Jannit, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Footbutt View Post
    When Samantha was being hauled away by the Zombies she says:
    "Wait, no, Jacob. Don't!" or something like that. Who is Jacob?!?!
    I thought I heard, "Know, Not you!..."

Anyway, this has bugged me for some time too. The Mallers seem to have no trouble traveling at night (At least Latch & Scratch). But they did get attacked by Pinstripes' Inklings on the way to the Arena. There is a thread about "Did Scratch make a Deal" on the forum somewhere. I'm short on time but you should check it out if you can find it. Good stuff.
    Likes 7oddisdead, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    But they did get attacked by Pinstripes' Inklings on the way to the Arena. There is a thread about "Did Scratch make a Deal" on the forum somewhere. I'm short on time but you should check it out if you can find it. Good stuff.
    ah, i thought i was missing something.
    ...but Lizzy was with them... so... i'll go kay-rusin' for that thread.
    thanks!

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Well so far we have no eyewitness accounts cause the Mallers did not have any journals and Scratch has not had her time to tell her story yet.
    They were attacked on the way to the arena as mentioned and must have been attacked at the mall or they would not have drove the tankers to the Arena to blow them all up..
    I do not see the Mallers putting that much effort into it if they had been left alone. Plus I recall in Kalani's story they were beefing up the mall when he got there to keep the Zombies out.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

The Mallers were also attacked by zombies during the War in Chapter 12. We don't get a good view of it, but Bricks saved Durai's life by killing zombies with his bare hands. That attack was lead by TOWTM.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

When Lizzy, Saul, and Burt got the tanker rig, they interfered with the preparations of the Mallers aimed at attacking the Arena.
    When the Mallers wanted to get to the Arena with their convoy of rigged tankers in order to nuke the place they were outsmarted by the zombs and lead into an Ambush. Regardless of that event the Mallers were finally able to attack the Arena which is why them zombs went to the hospital in huge numbers.
    From Kalani's log we know that the Mallers were heavily involved in understanding the new world order; they kept maps and seemed to make notes about all things zombies. Along that they tried to achieve with the Mall what CJ did with Dunbar - make it a fortress.

True: We have no record about a direct confrontation between Ink/ TOWTM and the leaders of the Mallers like what we had with Ink/ TOWTM in the Tower meeting most main characters, probably Ink/TOWTM having an encounter with CJ (we assume this to be the case, but there is no certainty in this idea), or Ink/ TOWTM face to face with Riley and Kalani in the hospital. Even during the War or during the ambush there is little evidence that Ink/ TOWTM was in touch with the Mallers. But considering his nature and actions it is kind of a safe assumption that the Mallers (red shirts as well as main characters) might have had their share with Ink/ TOWTM. Else it would have made no sense for the Mallers to plan and perform a major assault on what they considered to be the nest of them zombos ...

Maybe - and that would be pretty cool I guess - Scratch will tell us in one of her next appearances about such an encounter with Ink ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes 7oddisdead, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    I'm assuming that the Maller's place at the mall was, in fact, attacked by Ink's crew, perhaps several times, and this was the main motivation behind Durai's push to find a more secure living environment. They obviously saw that their mall was not going to withstand many more such attacks, so they wanted in at the tower. After their attack failed there and they heard about the Colony, they devised the whole truck-bomb the Arena plan to keep Ink and the boys from coming down to their new digs and ruining the party...
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I thought I heard, "Know, Not you!..."

Anyway, this has bugged me for some time too. The Mallers seem to have no trouble traveling at night (At least Latch & Scratch). But they did get attacked by Pinstripes' Inklings on the way to the Arena. There is a thread about "Did Scratch make a Deal" on the forum somewhere. I'm short on time but you should check it out if you can find it. Good stuff.
    Here it is.... http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...atch+make+deal
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!