User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #60

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    With Lizzy and Saul getting hitched does anyone think this may follow the path of Game Of Thrones Red Wedding? Damn Kc for that cliff hanger!
    A Sig what now?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monster mani View Post
    With Lizzy and Saul getting hitched does anyone think this may follow the path of Game Of Thrones Red Wedding? Damn Kc for that cliff hanger!
    Don't watch Game of Thrones, nor have I read the books so I have 0 idea what you're talking about.

However if its anything like the Weasley wedding in Deathly Hallows I'm totally on board with you!
    Likes EpiEpee, Arch_Will liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Think Weasley wedding on steroids. Then times it by ten.
    A Sig what now?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

SPOILER 
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Think Weasley wedding on steroids. Then times it by ten.
    Umm.. Wow.
    SPOILER 

That on steroids? It kills me that I can't think of the right term for "appearing". 😞 my knowledge has slipped since the good-ole GD days.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Listening again this morning during a lull in the workday. When I got to the end of the episode with Michael's voice over something struck me.... He's writing in the way past tense. This journal entry is being written after the events that occur 4 months after the events of 38-3... In a lot of cases, we are reading/hearing read journal entries that were written close in time to the events covered. In some cases that's obviously not true (Kalani catching up the events leading up to him being at the Tower was obviously not written until after he got to the Tower and Burt obviously wasn't writing in a journal while in Scratch's fun dungeon).

"How optimistic we were. And foolish... It would be 4 months before we would find something..."

Does this mean that Michael didn't journal during that time (unlikely) or that nothing worth transferring to the "master record" occurred (maybe implied)? Anyway, this almost comes of as something other than a regular journal entry to me. Almost like Michael might be responding to someone else asking him a question. I assumed at first that the scritch-scritch of pencil on paper was Michael writing. But it could just as easily be someone else recording what he is saying during questioning....

Maybe it does play out like Merlin1274 thinks it will.

Either way, it also points to Michael surviving long enough after the upcoming events to either write it down or be questioned.
    Likes Arch_Will, Storm, Merlin1274 liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Listening again this morning during a lull in the workday. When I got to the end of the episode with Michael's voice over something struck me.... He's writing in the way past tense. This journal entry is being written after the events that occur 4 months after the events of 38-3... In a lot of cases, we are reading/hearing read journal entries that were written close in time to the events covered. In some cases that's obviously not true (Kalani catching up the events leading up to him being at the Tower was obviously not written until after he got to the Tower and Burt obviously wasn't writing in a journal while in Scratch's fun dungeon).

"How optimistic we were. And foolish... It would be 4 months before we would find something..."

Does this mean that Michael didn't journal during that time (unlikely) or that nothing worth transferring to the "master record" occurred (maybe implied)? Anyway, this almost comes of as something other than a regular journal entry to me. Almost like Michael might be responding to someone else asking him a question. I assumed at first that the scritch-scritch of pencil on paper was Michael writing. But it could just as easily be someone else recording what he is saying during questioning....

Either way, it also points to Michael surviving long enough after the upcoming events to either write it down or be questioned.
    Yea.. Someone else is on my line of thinking..

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Now that would just be wacked.. I hated that part in the book and the TV Series.. ARRRGGGGGG!!!! Don't do it KC...
    Likes Monster mani liked this post

"Lurker"

Status

Woah...very interesting.

Just to kinda play devil's advocate here though there's a few things that might not point to this. One is why would they have him read the entries aloud? I mean can't they read it themselves? I'm no expert in court matters, though. Especially not a military court, so maybe that is the way they would do it. It seems to me, however, that if they were questioning him they would have the entries in front of them and have Michael answer questions from memory to see if the stories varied at all, or just to verify the events. Also, at this point I don't see much relevance in what Michael is saying to whether he should be dishonorably discharged or whatever the punishment would be.

The other thing, and this one is iffy because it could be attributed to several different things, but Michael's tone seems a little too story teller mode to be on trial or giving answers while being questioned.

I do think there is something to this though, because Michael is speaking in very past tense. I just can't think of what that could mean.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

He says back in 1.1 that he's writing all this Down in the hope that it'll make more sense to him... Not really for anyone to read, but for his own sanity.
    About Randy... He says "The day that Randy and I would see each other Again". In my head this Means that they're actually going to meet each other.At least Michael isn't just spotting Randy from a distance... Randy sees him as well.
    Looking forward to hear what's happening in these four months... But I'm looking even more forward to hear what happens afterwards.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast