User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #60

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Wnd #60

Put your thoughts here about 38-3 and we might bring it up on WND 60!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

PSN ID: DesertEagle Steam ID: deserteagle45
    In response to your theory on Kelly, I don't think it makes any sense for her to be working with the mallers. She has been involved in 2.5 armed conflicts with them (the return to the colony being the 1/2 conflict), and I just don't see her working with/for them. What seems more likely for me is that she is working for CJ. I could see her talking with CJ after Michael shoots her down and CJ asking her to gather more information on Michael and everything else going on. Maybe she even went to Michael to ask to be part of his away team by request of CJ to spy/keep an eye on him.

Hell, she could even be doing a double agent thing, and be pretending to help CJ to get on her good side so she can figure out what has happened to her man Vic. The original tower group (minus Peggs) is just too strong to fall apart under CJ's new world order. I think their unity is the strength the title is hinting at.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

also in response to your theory about Kelly:

Yes, I think you have a point about what's happening there, because there is no direct information available telling the audience why Kelly behaves like she behaves. So, why does she avoid laundry-duty, if Michael does or did not send her to Tanya, and why does she want to dig into the information over there? I think, this is a solid question with a high voltage potential for crackpot theories going wild.
    When I listened to #38-2 I just thought to myself: "Ok, now she is with Tanya, and she claims to be sent by Michael; this actually did not happen life on podcast, but maybe he really decided this way and Kelly simply followed his order (or suggestion)." So, how much assumption is this, or how close is this to the "reality" within We're Alive?
    I am quite certain that Kelly is tired of being treated like a useless member of the community who is just capable of doing laundry; it is true - you may think of lawyers whatever you like -, but becoming a lawyer asks for certain skills and talents and also establishes certain qualities as well - bad ones as well as usefull and good ones. And maybe Kelly did just, what Burt and Riley did with bailing out: she took matters into her own hands - in order to be much more useful for the survivors ... ? To quote Michael: "Kelly ... well, is just Kelly."

I wonder, if #38-3 will offer some insight into her new role ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Oct 7th, 2013 at 07:19 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle View Post
    In response to your theory on Kelly, I don't think it makes any sense for her to be working with the mallers. She has been involved in 2.5 armed conflicts with them (the return to the colony being the 1/2 conflict), and I just don't see her working with/for them. What seems more likely for me is that she is working for CJ. I could see her talking with CJ after Michael shoots her down and CJ asking her to gather more information on Michael and everything else going on. Maybe she even went to Michael to ask to be part of his away team by request of CJ to spy/keep an eye on him.

Hell, she could even be doing a double agent thing, and be pretending to help CJ to get on her good side so she can figure out what has happened to her man Vic. The original tower group (minus Peggs) is just too strong to fall apart under CJ's new world order. I think their unity is the strength the title is hinting at.
    My only thing with her working with CJ is CJ and Michael are working together....it's not like CJ is trying to withhold this information she's about to go through. They want to hand out the cards.

Maybe the Unity Makes Strength is all about the zombies. I got nothin'. at this point, I'll agree with people who are saying that the survivors are weaker now that they are divided and the title is being used to put that into sharp focus.

Liam could be right too, and it probably makes the most sense beyond a crackpot "Kelly is a double agent" theory....we just didn't hear it and she is legit just doing what Michael asked her (ahem ordered) her to do off screen...at least I think that's what Liam was talking about. I'm tired.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I'm in the camp that Kelly is "working for" CJ in 38-2.

Kelly just got snubbed by Michael (again?). CJ knows about the journals and probably knows that Tanya is collecting all the info in a central spot. CJ is a well known information gatherer/hoarder. She has "negotiated" a fragile peace with Tanya but probably wouldn't get good cooperation from Tanya if she just showed up and said "give me all the info". CJ is definitely conniving enough to hook onto Kelly's current situation to enlist her into getting the info for her. CJ and Kelly concoct the "Michael sent me" story to get past Tanya's defenses. Kelly suggests sleeping to Tanya as she wins her confidence. This allows at least some time of free access to the info before there is any chance of discovery.

If this is all true, I think it fits with CJ's MO and leads me to believe that she doesn't really care if she gets found out when it comes to Michael. I believe CJ is only dragging him along and plans to get what she needs from him before jettisoning him. This is predicated on her belief that she can also get the loyalties of some of the soldiers and kick out the others.

Hmmm, I guess this probably belongs in the 38-2 or WND 59 threads.... Oh well.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post

Kelly just got snubbed by Michael (again?). CJ knows about the journals and probably knows that Tanya is collecting all the info in a central spot. CJ is a well known information gatherer/hoarder. She has "negotiated" a fragile peace with Tanya but probably wouldn't get good cooperation from Tanya if she just showed up and said "give me all the info". CJ is definitely conniving enough to hook onto Kelly's current situation to enlist her into getting the info for her. CJ and Kelly concoct the "Michael sent me" story to get past Tanya's defenses. Kelly suggests sleeping to Tanya as she wins her confidence. This allows at least some time of free access to the info before there is any chance of discovery.

If this is all true, I think it fits with CJ's MO and leads me to believe that she doesn't really care if she gets found out when it comes to Michael. I believe CJ is only dragging him along and plans to get what she needs from him before jettisoning him. This is predicated on her belief that she can also get the loyalties of some of the soldiers and kick out the others.

Hmmm, I guess this probably belongs in the 38-2 or WND 59 threads.... Oh well.

Is there a WND 59 threat available? Wasn't yesterday ...

And very thoughtful approach about the complex issues between the three women using Michael as a (bad?) excuse ... Do the means justify the cause? Or was it: does the cause justify the means? Ah, well ... You get the point.
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I do not know. CJ is all about CJ. If CJ tasks Tanya, I would bet it is more about what did they write about CJ than about the biters or the mallers. We Know Bixby and Gatekeeper are dead, so Victor must have buckled down and did more than just "play nice" like he said when he tried to first start a journal in the Tower.

With Bixby and Gatekeeper dead, we know he wrote some.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

WRONG

and

WRONG
    Oh well....

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Meant to post episode thoughts over here too. Running short of time at the moment so I'll cross post from the 38-3 thread...

Oh man! It's absolutely amazing how the tone and feel of the entire episode can be changed with several seconds and a few words. Michael's voice over at the end was worth every bit of waiting that we may have done recently....

So, we got Saul, Lizzy, and Victor established in Dunbar.

Everyone is puling together in the Colony - Michael got more solidly into CJ's camp with the whole Burt and Riley thing. The soldiers are all still "his" people, so if Michael is in tight, they are in tight. And with the establishment of assigned journaling duties, I expect to hear more from them directly and not just through other character's observation. I would LOVE to read Puck's journal.... And we now know that Kelly is still a "good girl" and really working for Michael. That actually makes me feel better.

Burt and Riley could be established for the 4 months. Their conversation around having food and water and establishing a base camp sets the stage for a long term campaign.

If we get the 4 month time jump in 39-1, I expect we'll get a bit of a check in on all the parties and nothing too exciting will have happened. 4 months should bring us to Lizzy's due date and bring us close to Z-day +1 year. And then there is the Randy thing.....

Anyway, lots of stuff other than Michael's ending to love in this episode. Saul and Lizzy's fight and make up was pretty good. I could feel Saul's anxiety during the beginning and once we found out it was a ring, it was so perfect!

Michael is getting back to being more, well, Michael. A lot less brooding and feeling overwhelmed. I think he has felt a weight lifted with CJ running the show. I have a feeling that in 4 months, a lot of that will change for him.... We also get that Pegs and Michael are going to be able to coexist and, perhaps, more....

Second place for best dialog in the episode (after Michael's big bomb) goes to the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy:
    Robbins: "Yeah he was. Look at that. And CJ just left a minute ago, too. Damn, son! She just got outta the hospital!"
    Puck: "Michael, you're a little slut"

Robbins: "We should be taking numbers here. Jesus, you can't just be hogging it all for yourself."
    Carl: "I don't even know what to say."
    Robbins: "Of course you don't, Princess"
    Puck: "That's cause you're virgin!"

And of course, the ending. I thought the episode was done with "It's time we get started!"
    I actually got goose bumps during Michael's voice over after that. And my jaw fell on my desk when he said Randy's name...
    Likes Storm, Arch_Will, Cabbage Patch liked this post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

During #37 and #38 we had two things:
    a) things got wrapped up and set into a certain order;
    b) a lot of new plotlines were established which will allow some amazing storytelling with the show going on.

Four months are to be covered. What will happen next? Especially with Scratch and Tardust?

The last thing we heard about them was that they left the Colony in order to survive. But did they survive? Considering the additional plot-line with Burt and Riley it is quite certain that we will meet Scratch (and Tardust) again. But what is it they would have done during 4 months? Just surviving by scavenging from house to house, living with canned food? Or would they have tried to find other survivors in order to re-establish a cooperation with slaves and shit like what they did back in the Mall or the Colony? What would their plans look like?

And what about Skittles? The last thing we saw from him was when he helped Kalani and Angel to get rid of the Behemoth and get their car running again. After that we learned about him becoming Skittles. But ever since there was nothing at all. With the time-lapses from the flight to Irwin and Boulder over the fall of Irwin and Boulder to the reclaiming of the Colony and now the reappearance of Randy there are like 7 to 8 months in which Skittles did exactly what? Did he survive? Or is he out of the story? And if he survives, what role will he play in this story of survival?

Yeah, I know: Randy is the big cliff-hanger in #38-3. But I leave that to you to discuss.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Storm, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast