User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    In all seriousness, I don't think we stick with the colony next chapter,.. Or with Dunbar because it is an "extension" of the colony. I'm betting we follow Burt and Riley, unless they became like Randy during that 4 months.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran10000 Experience Points

Steam ID: AwkwardAlex1
    You a damn cock tease KC!
    I mean are they gonna find that nurse?!

But seriously...

Did anyone else notice the music? Not that its not always amazing but I noticed aLOT more this time.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Crow, he left, crow...

See ya in two weeks j/k
    As soon as I heard that I immediately thought "Now Kc is just messing with us....."
    Likes Storm, Grognaurd, Witch_Doctor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Oh man! It's absolutely amazing how the tone and feel of the entire episode can be changed with several seconds and a few words. Michael's voice over at the end was worth every bit of waiting that we may have done recently....

So, we got Saul, Lizzy, and Victor established in Dunbar.

Everyone is puling together in the Colony - Michael got more solidly into CJ's camp with the whole Burt and Riley thing. The soldiers are all still "his" people, so if Michael is in tight, they are in tight. And with the establishment of assigned journaling duties, I expect to hear more from them directly and not just through other character's observation. I would LOVE to read Puck's journal.... And we now know that Kelly is still a "good girl" and really working for Michael. That actually makes me feel better.

Burt and Riley could be established for the 4 months. Their conversation around having food and water and establishing a base camp sets the stage for a long term campaign.

If we get the 4 month time jump in 39-1, I expect we'll get a bit of a check in on all the parties and nothing too exciting will have happened. 4 months should bring us to Lizzy's due date and bring us close to Z-day +1 year. And then there is the Randy thing.....

Anyway, lots of stuff other than Michael's ending to love in this episode. Saul and Lizzy's fight and make up was pretty good. I could feel Saul's anxiety during the beginning and once we found out it was a ring, it was so perfect!

Michael is getting back to being more, well, Michael. A lot less brooding and feeling overwhelmed. I think he has felt a weight lifted with CJ running the show. I have a feeling that in 4 months, a lot of that will change for him.... We also get that Pegs and Michael are going to be able to coexist and, perhaps, more....

Second place for best dialog in the episode (after Michael's big bomb) goes to the Fort Irwin Kings of Comedy:
    Robbins: "Yeah he was. Look at that. And CJ just left a minute ago, too. Damn, son! She just got outta the hospital!"
    Puck: "Michael, you're a little slut"

Robbins: "We should be taking numbers here. Jesus, you can't just be hogging it all for yourself."
    Carl: "I don't even know what to say."
    Robbins: "Of course you don't, Princess"
    Puck: "That's cause you're virgin!"

And of course, the ending. I thought the episode was done with "It's time we get started!"
    I actually got goose bumps during Michael's voice over after that. And my jaw fell on my desk when he said Randy's name...
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    As soon as I heard that I immediately thought "Now Kc is just messing with us....."
    Sigh

I so thought we were on to something... The last big piece, that sticks out like a missing trigger finger, what is Burt's call sign? I so thought Michael was going to use it and hang a lantern on our crow family connection.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi.

CJ is in control. And despite my lack of sympathy for her I must admit: she knows how to handle Michael; and Michael finally has kind of a leader that suits him well, because CJ offers him explanations and indeed "leadership".

I wonder about a couple of things - 4 months. That is a looooooooong time ...

a) Would Saul and Victor have told Lizzy about their status as being exiled? Or would they have informed Michael about it by any chance? Currently they are established as kind of an outpost about 0 miles away North of the Colony right in the middle of LA. But what purpose does this outpost actually have?
    b) And what about Tanya and Kelly: Do they really need like 4 months to evaluate the inforamtion from all the journals? And wouldn't they keep CJ and/ or Michael updated about things that might be important about them zombos?
    c) Burt and Riley - 4 months out there hunting a woman who might be a ghost or zombie already ... Considering the huge area of LA, how would only two persons be able to search for Scratch and Tardust (and maybe other survivors)? Survivng with canned food they would find in buildings should not be much of an issue. But finding hints and clues of the whereabouts of Scratch and Tardust ... That's quite a feat.
    d) Speaking of which: Scratch and Tardust and maybe a few more Mallers ... Where in LA would they establish a camp? And would they find scattered survivors and re-establish what they once had with the Mall or the Colony - thus a small community of survivors being slaves under their rulership?
    e) Skittles ... Skittles, Skittles, Skittles ... And Mr. Whiskers. What.About.THEM??? No, seriously: Will Skittle play a role again in this story of survival? And what would be the chances that Riley and Burt or Scratch and Tardust would meet him? And what would be the next thing happening then?

Although I see the simplicity and the need for this simplification storywise to focus on questions like this with the time having passed already. But you know what? I would love to have flashbacks or smaller steps through time for some of those smaller groups in order to get a "proper" (whatever this may mean) strory-telling.

I am pretty happy that #38 ended with a solid cliffhanger, and that #38-3 was as moody and calm as the other two parts of #38. Not sure, why though.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Steam ID: Merlin1274
    Liam I am starting to think the Saul/Vic banishment will not be revealed till the last minute.. Maybe CJ needs them to come back cause their help is really needed. Then it will be Saul saying something then about it.. Kinda like a you did not want us till you needed us type comment and it blows up from there.. Or Dunbar gets over run and they have to make a quick exodus back to the colony, so they tell Michael about it so they can get him on their side to get back in. Those are the only 2 ways I see it coming out. I just do not see it coming to light in just a casual conversation. Something will have to spark it or it would have happened back when she ordered them out.
    Likes Red Shirt, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Here is Burt's note:

2013-10-07 21.03.43.jpg

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Looking forward to the big Lizzy, Saul wedding extravaganza. If they stick to Lizzy's plan—to have the wedding after the baby is born—then four-months should be just about right. I'm thinking the baby is due in three-months, since we know conception happened in early July and it seems like the characters are now in late December. Four months isn't long to plan a wedding, but it's not like there are a bunch of caterers or DJs to interview.

Why is Burt going to be the Best Man? Yes, he shared that first great adventure with Lizzy and Saul (getting the fuel tanker), but he hasn't always been the greatest friend to them since then. I would have thought Victor, with Michael as a second choice.

There's been some speculation that CJ was a wedding planner before the Zombie Apocalypse. I can't think of a better way to prove, or disprove that theory than to have a wedding happen near her.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    c) Burt and Riley - 4 months out there hunting a woman who might be a ghost or zombie already ... Considering the huge area of LA, how would only two persons be able to search for Scratch and Tardust (and maybe other survivors)? Survivng with canned food they would find in buildings should not be much of an issue. But finding hints and clues of the whereabouts of Scratch and Tardust ... That's quite a feat.
    My guess is that Burt and Riley will end up using Dunbar for support. It seems like that was the point of Michael's last message. He tells Saul and Victor that he's sending Burt and Riley on a "special mission" so that they know that they can use Dunbar as a safe house if they need it. Michael knows Burt and Riley aren't coming back to the Colony until they find Scratch so he's making sure they have someplace to go if they get in trouble.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Merlin1274, scbubba liked this post
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast