User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points

Notebook Other Podcasts?/

ok we're on the last season of WA. I love it, but its going to be over soon. so does anybody know any other good horror audio-dramas? stuff like we're alive.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Viscera,

I have a couple of other podcasts in my collection:

Aftermath (not many episodes, but interesting)

The Great Detectives of Old Time Radio (not necessarily horror, but good mystery stuff)

The Leviathian Chronicles (I've heard others talking about it, but I haven't given it a listen yet. However, I have every episode downloaded for later listening)

The Shadow of Black Wings (another series that I've heard about, but haven't had time to listen to)

Welcome to Night Vale (people have described it as a way to get their fix for Twin Peaks withdrawals. Personally, I find it weird as all heck, but 100+k fans on Facebook and 50k+ followers on twitter must like the series. I've only gotten four episodes in so far, and it reminds me of a super out-there Twilight Zone series)
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Leviathan Chronicles isn't really horror... More science fiction mixed with CIA agents and a bunch of immortal people living in a city deep down in the ocean. But I personally love it... And am just waiting for the second half of season 2 to be released so I can buy that as well.
    Dark Adventure Radio Theatre has made a few of H.P. Lovecraft's stories. These aren't free, though, but you can listen to some demos on their website.
    I haven't, unfortunately, listened to that many English audio dramas, but when talking about that genre with people I'm always recommenting both WA and LC, if they're into horror/zombies or sci-fi.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

There are loads of amazing audio dramas out there. Nothing really like We're Alive though. Sort of a unique sort of thing. There's hundreds of hours of great OTR kicking around on the net: Suspense, The Whistler, The Mysterious Traveller, X-Minus 1, The Black Museum, Escape, Inner Sanctum, The Weird Circle, Lights Out . . . the list goes on and on. If you're hard up for dramatic storytelling you might consider going back to the source.
    joint-point-counter-joint

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    while not completely an audio drama, one that im finding guilty pleasure in is "welcome to night vale". think a local radio station, on air announcer telling you about community events..if your town is full of really bizarre characters/events inspired by rejected/not used h.p. lovecraft ideas. its equal parts funny and almost dark poetic if your into that sort of thing. hard to describe, but I hooked me.

edit*
    just noticed hellbringer mentioned it. yea, what he said and a bag o chips. its popular for good reason.
    Last edited by 7oddisdead; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 02:05 AM. Reason: PAY ATTENTION DUMMY!
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I tried to submit a reply yesterday, but it seems to be stuck in moderation (probably because it contained a link). Anyhow, I'm rather fond of "Zombies, Run!". It's not a podcast or audiobook, but it's a participatory audio dramedy running app for iPhone and Android. So, if you don't mind exercising a bit to move the story along, I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by FunkyDung; Oct 3rd, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Leviathan Chronicles isn't really horror... More science fiction mixed with CIA agents and a bunch of immortal people living in a city deep down in the ocean. But I personally love it... And am just waiting for the second half of season 2 to be released so I can buy that as well.
    Dark Adventure Radio Theatre has made a few of H.P. Lovecraft's stories. These aren't free, though, but you can listen to some demos on their website.
    I haven't, unfortunately, listened to that many English audio dramas, but when talking about that genre with people I'm always recommenting both WA and LC, if they're into horror/zombies or sci-fi.
    I've just caught up with the entire Leviathan Chronicles story up until chapter 38, now I also really want to know when the next 12 episodes will be released.
    Likes Storm liked this post
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viscera View Post
    ok we're on the last season of WA. I love it, but its going to be over soon. so does anybody know any other good horror audio-dramas? stuff like we're alive.
    There was a whole thread about this topic that was started a couple of years ago. Ok, here it is:

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...t=audio+dramas
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    I havn't been able to find another podcast that has sucked me in the way WA has.
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I've started listening to Welcome to Night Vale... It's awesome stuff, especially since I like HPL kinda stories a lot... Thanks to those who mentioned it earlier in this topic, that's one of the reasons I started listening.
    Regarding Leviathan, I think they said on their Twitter back in November, that the next half of the season should be out this month, but so far I haven't found anything. Unfortunately. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast