User Tag List

Thread: Wargamers?

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: kinaisan

Wargamers?

I play a couple of war-games including Warhammer, WH40K, hordes, and warmachine to name a few. I try to make as bloody and corey of counter parts as possible but I'm not that talented. Anyone else mess around with some 'Ard plastic?

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I may or may not have a Space Wolves army

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    I used to enjoy war games, but when the business model went pay to play, I was gone. I would much rather have a cardboard chit represent a unit than be forced to buy and paint miniatures. I just do not have that kind of cash and my hands shake worse than Burt's.
    Likes Creepykinai liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

If "Battletech" is a wargame, I am in ... Else I am not sure.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    man, i thought this thread was going to be about wi-fi hunting... ok, i can still toss a penny or two for my thoughts.

I had a battletech game that came with 12 plastic models which I painted, but that was the extent of my tabletop gaming. When mechcommander and its sequel came out, it was much easier to spend time playing that.

I'll always have a soft spot for the Battletech universe and can appreciate the time and effort people put into painting their miniatures no matter the game.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    If "Battletech" is a wargame, I am in ... Else I am not sure.
    Yeah, I consider it a war-game. Clix's, pre-painters, and the like still count I believe.

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    I used to enjoy war games, but when the business model went pay to play, I was gone. I would much rather have a cardboard chit represent a unit than be forced to buy and paint miniatures. I just do not have that kind of cash and my hands shake worse than Burt's.
    Well I've been messing with them for about 2-3 years now, I still pretty much suck at painting pretty much, but I get plenty of joy with my custom paint jobs. And yes cardboard would be alot cheaper and practical, and I do still dabble in the board game field. It just kinda hard to break away now. Pretty much any hobby shop is my 2nd home.