User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd 58

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

I expect a huge christmas party at the colony, after all it's around that time now... 22.nd or 23.rd of december, not exactly sure. I'm just surprised that there's no snow in the colony - but well, I don't know how the weather works in LA.
    I doubt that Scratch will show up yet, at least not by attacking neither Dunbar nor the the colony. No idea how she'll enter the scene again then, but...yeah, I dunno.
    I'm just looking forward to the moment when Michael finds out what CJ's hiding from him... She's such a snake right now!

Oh, and I loved Tanya telling Hope to be more happy. She'll have to wait for her eyes to get used to all the inputs again. She's been blind for months now. And after all, it sounded like her condition was better than before the surgery, so... Did she actually lose anything from it? Not really.
    Last edited by Storm; Sep 24th, 2013 at 03:11 AM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The last time there was a party, there was also a war ... No, wait. This time things are much cooler, 'cause them friggin' Mallers are outnumbered and outgunned, and them zombos got their asses handed back too many times according to #36 and #37 ... So yeah:

Likes Hanniekuma, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    It's 12:22 AND I EXPECT MORE POSTS IN HERE.
    I for one am exhausted by all the speculation we did for the last episode, after which things just fell smoothly in place (except Riley randomly sensing something might be up). I think this is a "let's wait and see" episode. (Build up, no release)

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    I for one am exhausted by all the speculation we did for the last episode, after which things APPARENTLY just fell smoothly in place (except Riley randomly sensing something might be up). I think this is a "let's wait and see" episode. (Build up, no release)
    There... I fixed that post for you...
    Likes clem131 liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    It's 12:22 AND I EXPECT MORE POSTS IN HERE.
    Nurse Brit remakes an appearance and becomes CJ's personal nurse/assistant. CJ happens to die shortly after writing a living will putting Nurse Brit in charge of the Colony. Micheal has a hissy fit and leaves, Riley is taken back by the blonde bombshell in charge and ... After which they use channel 18 to call scratch to give up pegs. After scratch comes to kill pegs they kill scratch hang her body outside of the walls as a warning that no @-hole should F with the colony. TOWTM avoids the colony forever fearing the rath of nurse Brit and Riley. Mean while the tower falls. The end.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Here's some more Voodoo symbolism for you~

Some of the symbols on Ink are Voodo--specifically snakes referring to the loa Damballah who is seen as the creator of all life. Damballah has two wives (or one wife and one concubine, potato, potahto) one of which is always depicted as having scars or scratches on her cheeks! The second wife with the scratches has an aspect called Erzulie Dantor.

From Wikipedia (emphasis mine):
    In her Petro nation aspect as Erzulie Dantor she is often depicted as a scarred and buxom black woman, holding a child protectively in her arms. She is a particularly fierce protector of women and children. She is often identified with lesbian women.
    A common syncretic depiction of Erzulie Dantor is St. Jeanne D'Arc, who is displayed carrying or supporting a sword. Another is as the Black Madonna of Częstochowa, as she is represented as being dark-skinned. Her colours are red, gold and navy blue. Her symbols are a pierced heart and knives or swords. Her favourite sacrifices include black pigs, griot (seasoned fried pork), and rum.
    The scars on her cheek are said to be the result of a fight between her and Erzulie Freda over possession of Ti-Jean Petro, as the two are fierce rivals. The cuts shown on her face in the syncretic reproductions are matches to the surface damage on the Black Madonna's face in the original icon.

Sound like anyone we know?
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Hanniekuma, Grognaurd liked this post

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Man...I much prefer Erzulie from Once on this Island.

Pretty Goddess of Love who triumphs over Papa Ge. Not a vindictive lover of all men who treats women like poop.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Well, the last "wife" we saw TOWTM take was Samantha. She had beautiful green eyes. Remeber what color his eyes were? Green. I wonder if we know anyone else with green eyes. /wink...

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post

Posted at the end of season 2

So what is going to happen to Lizzy? The tower is wrecked. Scratch will probably not have another opportunity like this. So what is the value of Lizzy? Green Eyes.

Michael makes the observation that Ink has clear green eyes when they confront him in the tower. This is unlike the eyes of the other zombies. In fact, one of the thing people say to check after a close call is the eyes.

Datu says that Samantha has green eyes.

So ink has green eyes
    Samantha had green eyes
    Lizzy has green eyes.

Is any other eye color mentioned? Do you know the eye color of any other character? I can only think of one. In chapter 1 Michael says Pegs dark eyes drew him to her. Have I missed any?

Are green eyes a genetic marker for something important to the zombies?

Wading further into the deep end, The woman killed at the golf course is a red head. Red heads often have green eyes.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Sep 24th, 2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Adding green eyes post quote
    Likes Hoff4D, Cabbage Patch, Storm, Eviebae liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    There... I fixed that post for you...
    Damn, can't rep you until I spread blah blah blah. Anyway, what did seriously happen in this episode? The big punishment of Victor and Saul is to stay at Dunbar, and that I expected. But now they make it sound not like an exile but just like them managing an extension of the colony, with periodical visits from Michael and the rest from the Colony. So, what's the big punishment? Not being able to walk in Liberty Park anymore? What's the point, what did CJ obtain by that? We went from "I will send you out there to die ("you think that matters to me right now?") to "Help yourself with the whole building, I left you some real nice white wine in the pantry". It seemed real smooth and CJ did not even achieve his revenge over Saul and Victor. I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    Quote Originally Posted by clem131 View Post
    Damn, can't rep you until I spread blah blah blah. Anyway, what did seriously happen in this episode? The big punishment of Victor and Saul is to stay at Dunbar, and that I expected. But now they make it sound not like an exile but just like them managing an extension of the colony, with periodical visits from Michael and the rest from the Colony. So, what's the big punishment? Not being able to walk in Liberty Park anymore? What's the point, what did CJ obtain by that? We went from "I will send you out there to die ("you think that matters to me right now?") to "Help yourself with the whole building, I left you some real nice white wine in the pantry". It seemed real smooth and CJ did not even achieve his revenge over Saul and Victor. I don't know, maybe I'm overanalyzing.
    perhaps you are and perhaps not. what if Cj has actually doubly manipulated saul and vic by thinking they are being punished, yet in fact she has placed two people she knows as capable out into the field. while she doubtless was quite serious about "never wanting to see them again" she also has just established a backup plan should the colony fail. plans within plans within plans...goddamn her. I want to hate her but taken in that context.....don't know that I can.

scratch that....I still do.
    Likes clem131 liked this post
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast