User Tag List

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Chapter 38-1

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Or Unity might be this: Lizzy tells Riley (or whomever), Riley gets even more crazy and tells all the other closer friends. And then all of them start a small "campaign" and literally flee the Colony in order to stick together, like they did in the first place - just in another new tower. And the more I think of it, the more I like this picture. CJ never was one of the "friends". Do you remember, what Michael said at the end of the War? About this tattered bunch of misfits and civilians? And now, after the group was split for 4 months they would have the great opportunity to stick together again ... And they know: together they had the best moves, they made the best decisions, and they survived much better than any other group after all ... How cool would that be, if things would turn into pre-Tower-collapse again, just with Dunbar as the new location?

Best wishes!
    Liam

I like this scenario the best but, but for that same reason I don't know if it will happen :-) Too feel good I think.

Another possible scenario is someone (maybe CJ) gets an infection. Like Tanya mentioned they are short on supplies. But we know where there is a hospital she might be able to get some. Going there would also give Micheal and his team a chance to go on the offensive like he wants, and CJ's need for her own preservation will make it hard to say no. Riley and Bert want to look for scratch so an opportunity to leave the colony and head back into LA would give them a chance to look for her.

It's too risky to drive there, so they take the chopper maybe? Datu is the mechanic who kept it running. Pegs is another pilot so she tags along in case there is another chopper they can pick up along the way. Vic and Saul bring more supplies from Dunbar (since CJ wouldn't let them back to the Colony even to bring supplies). So basically out whole 'crew' is back together again for another zombie offensive / medical supply mission. And while we are there we get to learn some new info about our homeboy in the suit and the little ones etc.

Maybe? It could happen
    Last edited by Unit; Sep 26th, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, LiamKerrington, scbubba liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    *sigh* Another catchup marathon for me... Here we go:

Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    Yea, I got a lot of nothing...
    Yeah, me neither. Don't get me wrong, I love all the episodes, but it's probably obvious to everyone here that the more "technical" ones are the ones that I can really sink my teeth into. Drama eps. have me metaphorically sit back with popcorn and relax. "Technical" eps. are the ones that get me reaching for my notebook and heading to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    I remember someone making a prediction that this would be the chapter title.
    Oh, that was me. Wasn't a next episode prediction, just a coming episode prediction.

Something I recalled is that during Ch.36 Kelly said "Michael, I'm not having a lot of confidence in your Army thing," to which he replied, "Yeah, me neither." I think that I may have been been projecting my own militaristic thoughts and feelings into the matter of civilian leadership over military personnel. Michael... I don't know any other way to describe it other than than he's had the wind sucked out of his sails. Saul's leaving with Lizzy. Muldoon and Robbins are probably off polishing the dials on their new chopper. Puck has a new distraction with all the new broads at the Colony and the baseball cards. (got it, got it, got it, need it, got it, ooh, lookit this one.) and Carl, well Carl... he's awesome. There's certainly a whole lot going on for them to care about the "Army thing."

Quote Originally Posted by HardKor View Post
    As for CJ, she may have hid her motivations well but she's still splitting up the group over a grudge, when she ought to be trying to bring everyone on board and getting them on the same page. She likes to bark orders and basically fill the vacuum in power by being the one to yell the loudest.
    I wonder... more fuel for the possibility of an older theory. Is CJ Kimmet's other niece or even illegitimate daughter? Certainly ratchets up the "daddy issues" potential that CJ might have if Kimmet "chose" to dote on CPT Long rather than her... maybe because Long joined the Army when CJ didn't. Maybe she did and that breakdown got her kicked out?

Train your people well and give them autonomy to react spontaneously. Teach them to fear you and watch your house of cards collapse the minute your plan makes first contact as they clog up the chain of command requesting new orders.
    Indeed. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GEN George Patton

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    What I did not have in mind was that CJ corrected her own estimation down to two months; so yes, maybe four months was kind of a stretch, but at least it did not seem too far off.
    It just occurred to me that maybe CJ follows the Scotty method of work flow projection. Generously over estimate it and then double it. That way when you come in at seemingly record time, you come off as a miracle worker. Could also prove to be a good leadership motivation point to further rally the residents after the work is done. Something to the effect of "I thought it was going to take (x time) and you proved me wrong. You guys managed to do it in half (x time), you should be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    It is a simple question, has already enough happened to let CJ's house of cards crumble down? Yes. She already must be very careful with whom, at what moment and about which topic she can discuss a certain topic. Hence, she will be pretty fucked up in the long run. In my opinion, this is an ineluctable fact.
    Yes, one could say that her house of cards crumbled twice. Once with her break down and then again with the fall of Dunbar. Struck me as odd that one of the things that she mentions to Michael is that you (like me?) know how to run a Tower. Fat load of good that did. They both fell, one literally. (Three if you want to count striking out badly with Saul.)
    Likes LiamKerrington, scbubba liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post

Indeed. "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." GEN George Patton

Yes, one could say that her house of cards crumbled twice. Once with her break down and then again with the fall of Dunbar. Struck me as odd that one of the things that she mentions to Michael is that you (like me?) know how to run a Tower. Fat load of good that did. They both fell, one literally. (Three if you want to count striking out badly with Saul.)

Props to you for throwing in a Patton quote :-)

Something I didn't think about till reading your comment. I wonder if this is foreshadowing that CJ has intentions to return to Dunbar? Why bring up the tower otherwise? Why not just say you know how to lead people, or you know how to mobilize a group etc.? Why specifically mention running a tower if you no longer live in a tower? I'll have to go back and re-listen to the episode, got my wheels turning...
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit9014 View Post
    I like this scenario the best but, but for that same reason I don't know if it will happen :-) Too feel good I think.

Another possible scenario is someone (maybe CJ) gets an infection. Like Tanya mentioned they are short on supplies. But we know where there is a hospital she might be able to get some. Going there would also give Micheal and his team a chance to go on the offensive like he wants, and CJ's need for her own preservation will make it hard to say no. Riley and Bert want to look for scratch so an opportunity to leave the colony and head back into LA would give them a chance to look for her.

It's too risky to drive there, so they take the chopper maybe? Datu is the mechanic who kept it running. Pegs is another pilot so she tags along in case there is another chopper they can pick up along the way. Vic and Saul bring more supplies from Dunbar (since CJ wouldn't let them back to the Colony even to bring supplies). So basically out whole 'crew' is back together again for another zombie offensive / medical supply mission. And while we are there we get to learn some new info about our homeboy in the suit and the little ones etc.

Maybe? It could happen
    I like this, it allows me to say....What if they go to Cain hospital for supplies, and fly there for a safe escape, and like you said they bring Pegs for a secondary pilot just in case. But as they go to land there's a new Helicopter on the roof of Cain. It wasn't there before, so what is this? FLYERS. the new Zeds type. Freaky-Fucker-in-the-Suit has been breeding pilots now, and they have a helicopter in their arsenal. AIRBORNE FIGHTING! next thing we know we got Zed Luftwaffe vs The Tower's Blue Angels (get it...angels?)

whch speaking of....Cabbage Patch, if you're here: Zombie Luftwaffe.

alright....I think I've done enough damage.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Grognaurd liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    1.jpg

Revenant Red Barron, with a Blue Max. Fun Read!
    Likes Hoff4D, Witch_Doctor, scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Hoff4D View Post
    I like this, it allows me to say....What if they go to Cain hospital for supplies, and fly there for a safe escape, and like you said they bring Pegs for a secondary pilot just in case. But as they go to land there's a new Helicopter on the roof of Cain. It wasn't there before, so what is this? FLYERS. the new Zeds type. Freaky-Fucker-in-the-Suit has been breeding pilots now, and they have a helicopter in their arsenal. AIRBORNE FIGHTING! next thing we know we got Zed Luftwaffe vs The Tower's Blue Angels (get it...angels?)

whch speaking of....Cabbage Patch, if you're here: Zombie Luftwaffe.

alright....I think I've done enough damage.
    ###############
    #****************#
    #****************#
    #*******#
    #****************#
    #****************#
    ###############
    Hoff4D encased a lead carbonite box with Schrodinger's Hello Kitty.

1.jpg

Revenant Red Barron, with a Blue Max. Fun Read!
    You guys just made my morning.
    Last edited by Witch_Doctor; Sep 27th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, Grognaurd liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Did anyone else think the map she gave Saul is going to come into play somehow. Written info led Saul and Victor to her safe house. The Mallers seemed stubbornly determined to take other people's stuff rather than make their own.

I feel like a lot of what has to happen right now is scene setting--loading the situation so it will make sense for what has to happen to happen. Getting people into the proper places for the final act. Having them separate like this is just one more thing that gives Michael's group fewer reasons to not going after Ink.

CJ's character makes sense on so many levels. KC doesn't write super heroes. Everyone has flaws; that's part of what makes his writing so good. She may not be the perfect leader but she's manically driven to be a leader and to do her best to keep people safe. She tries to explore every contingency--but she needs other eyes on her to see what she doesn't. The whole dominance dance she did with Michael--I'm soooo busy being in charge, see how I'm in charge here?--makes me wonder if she can really accept that input.

When people gather into groups in this story, they seem to want to go back to some sense of normalcy that doesn't exist. It's like they want to forget they are at war and pretend everything is okay.
    Likes Hanniekuma, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

I never liked CJ and I'm not about to start now but part of me is idly curious...I think there is more to her insistence that Saul and Victor leave than what she stated. I can't help but remember how gung ho she was on Saul and how she appeared to be trying to keep him and Lizzy apart. I think part of her issue is that she can't stand to see Saul/Lizzy/baby. Of course the Sean thing has relevance too but it's like throwing it in her face that she's alone to have to confront the trio on the regular. Not to mention.....two alpha females in one place for too long? Hell no.

No way Saul keeps this from Michael. I bet he spills on the first trip. I don't think anyone should tell Burt though because I think he would try to kill her....then again maybe someone should. I really can't stand CJ.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021