User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points

Premier League: 2013-14

There are more international folks around now, and with NBC Sports stealing the English Football contract from Fox Soccer Channel, there might be more exposure to the game. Anyone excited or interested in what will or might happen?

And the World Cup qualifiers is this year...
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Indeed. I know I am.

One thing worth noting in relation to this, is that the owner of the Red Sox, John Henry also owns Liverpool and an 80% share in NESN, the New England Sports Network. He uses his ownership leverage to have the LFC games shown on NESN. Although the game showings are delayed and shown on Tuesday nights, it's pretty damn awesome in my book.

I must admit that I've always had a soft spot for Football, both the Premier League and international... but had a hard time choosing who to support. A drought of coverage didn't help this either. Obliquely, the Red Sox showed me the way.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Lurker"

Status
    I , for my sins in a previous life , follow/support the "Mighty Bairns" (Falkirk F.C.) . We are currently in the second tier of the Scottish leagues and hopefully will earn promotion at the end of the season to the top flight. Followed them since I was a wee bairn , about 7 or 8 years old till now, fifty years later. Through thick and thin they are "My club" and will always have a special place in my heart. Anywhooo folks better go now as our game is ready to kick off so time for a few beers and a swear at the referee

Choagy FFCUK the SPL

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days LaterWell Liked
    I'm a wolves fan (Wolverhampton wanderers for our colonial cousins) currently languishing in league one following a spectacular fall from the premier league. We'll be back in a few years but if you want to adopt a team... COME ON YOU WOLVES!!!
    Likes Hellbringer liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Bring Back Big Mick. Best Wolves man since Big Derek Dougan or Steve Bull

Choagy FFCUK the SPL

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    He should never have been sacked... A great lesson in being careful what you wish for!

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithrob View Post
    I'm a wolves fan (Wolverhampton wanderers for our colonial cousins) currently languishing in league one following a spectacular fall from the premier league. We'll be back in a few years but if you want to adopt a team... COME ON YOU WOLVES!!!
    While I am a HUGE Arsenal fan (I checked out Arsenal's history and it relates to my older field in the military), I am a follower of the Wolves as well. I have more Wolves jerseys and scarves than any other team. I have been known to drop hundred quid on their merchandise and have it shipped here in Texas; of course, I am always on the lookout for their sales. So, my family does get decked out in Wolverhampton gear every so often.

I fully expect them to pop back up into Championship League this season.

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keithrob View Post
    He should never have been sacked... A great lesson in being careful what you wish for!
    I agree. I think Mick McCarthy was the glue that the wolves needed. The owners never should have let him go. At all.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    You've made my Christmas! http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/ is the link for the most up to date wolves news. As for arsenal... If they can get another striker then they'll be in with a decent chance of winning the prem. it's nice to see them and Liverpool going well but you can't really look beyond Man City at the moment. Unfortunately...

"Lurker"

Status
    @Keith
    Just away to the Bairns V Alloa game. Time for a few aperetifs to loosen the vocal chords up so I can abuse the ref
    Hope you get a good result today.
    @Hellbringer
    Twelve mile sniper by any chance. Served a bit myself and as a mechanical engineer was attached to several armoured units in the British Army

Anywhoo folks, speak later

Choagy FFCUK The SPL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast