User Tag List

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Torchwood: Miracle Day

In this Doctor Who spin off, Earth has a problem that is the opposite of WA. Instead of nearly everyone getting killed, people stop dying. At its heart a conspiracy of families. Although I think this is coincidental, I still give it two thumbs up. Good scifi and Jack Harkness is my favorite Dr Who character

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Great recommendation! They're going to re-run the series on BBC America later this month.

6 Degrees of Seven Bacon

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsVeteranLoved
    Blog Entries
    From information (read: a Tweet from John Barrowman) that I've seen, it's going to start in like an hour, on BBC america.
    "Run..." Was his final word as he exhaled for the last time.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Yea, Sid is right. BBC America 9:00 Eastern. I ment to flag it with a watch it now! Looks like a rerun at midnight.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Doesn't Jack Harkness have some sort of WWII backstory? It's been forever since I've seen it. All I really remember is Harkness putting the moves of sexy on everybody.
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    Doesn't Jack Harkness have some sort of WWII backstory? It's been forever since I've seen it. All I really remember is Harkness putting the moves of sexy on everybody.
    Jack is certainly an equal opportunity "moves of sexy" kind of guy, if you know what I mean.

The Jack Harkness character was introduced in Doctor Who, where he was a timr traveller that met the Doctor and Rose in WWII London. He also lived through the war, but the story is contradictory. In one episode of Torchwood he served as a Captain in the RAF during the war (where he got the title and the jacket), in another episode he was already with Torchwood at the time.
    Likes Alizée liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

He has not met himself, ( to the best of my knowledge ) but he does seem to be able to transit through the same regions of time more than once. Not a huge Dr. Who fan, but I think that is a restriction on the time lords. Harkness is fixed point in time and space in and of himself I think that it was the doctor said.

I always thought of it as a practical example of the Buckaroo Banzi saying

No mater where he goes, there he is, but of course he has the benefit of when tossed in.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post