User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    I have 1 knock on the wedding planner thought. How would a wedding planner know so much about Saul's rifle that she thinks a prisoner wouldn't know what she does.

I would suggest a spy but they would likely know that your going to lose a limb with a turnakit (sp?) applied. I'd consider a video game designer or player (such as CoD or battlefield series). Or perhaps someone who is like a quality control for action movies. They would likely know weapons but may not own any.
    True I forgot about that reference to the weapon comment. Maybe it's a hobby?

I really am looking forward to hearing what she did in the past.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

Being both Asian and A Nerdy girl, I can only put myself in CJ's shoes to try to figure out what she did before SHTF.
    I fell in love with CJ's character after Saul and Vic delighted in her " How to Manuals." I create my own how to manuals for work and home. I also know how to prepare for a bugout...and guess what I do for a living? I'm a medical coder. We must not assume that a person's talents can only be job based. I'm pretty sure that since she's Chinese, she's an over achiever, attentive to detail, and is constantly prepared. If her parents were anything like mine, she was taught to survive at an early age, encouraged to learn everything she could. No play time...always study, learn, research time. I don't have a Katana but I do have throwing stars and knives. I don't have a gun. She's Chinese, so it's safe to say she isn't a Nurse..that's a field that's dominated by Filipinos. She could be an architect or an engineer because she knows how to fortify a stronghold. But then again, she could be a medical coder like me, that likes to read and had a father that was an engineer.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsLovedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I like the idea of CJ being a wedding planner. Professional wedding planners are like the shock troops of the meeting and events planning profession. They deal with the worst clients, the toughest deadlines, the most complex events, and they do it all in a "zero-defects" environment with people screaming at them all the time. The ones that are really good at it tend to be intense, demanding, intolerant of human weakness, and more than a little scary.
    You forgot that all of them will go ape-shit if something doesn't go their way, too. It's why I didn't have a wedding planner for my wedding, I can't give up that kind of control, lol.
    Likes Hanniekuma liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    I have 1 knock on the wedding planner thought. How would a wedding planner know so much about Saul's rifle that she thinks a prisoner wouldn't know what she does.

I would suggest a spy but they would likely know that your going to lose a limb with a turnakit (sp?) applied. I'd consider a video game designer or player (such as CoD or battlefield series). Or perhaps someone who is like a quality control for action movies. They would likely know weapons but may not own any.

... I totally forgot that they live in LA. Of course, it's a possibility that she might have worked in movies! Because she had trouble with the katana, I refuse to believe that she would be anything like a combat choreographer, because I know that you need to have actual experience with a multitude of weapons (at least in theatre). I'm thinking maybe she was an assistant director or a stage manager.

I work in theatre and, although I know many facets of working backstage, I love it when I'm a stage manager. I gotta say, though, you have to act like the strictest, bitchiest mother (like actual mom) around. Can't have anybody stepping on my toes or things start to fall apart.
    Likes scbubba, Hanniekuma liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanniekuma View Post
    She's Chinese, so it's safe to say she isn't a Nurse..that's a field that's dominated by Filipinos.
    I would suggest a spy but they would likely know that your going to lose a limb with a turnakit (sp?) applied.
    pmchawk brought up a good point about knowing what a tourniquet does. That's why I haven't thought of CJ as anybody who worked in the medicine field, she would know exactly what a tourniquet did and she would have been aware that it might mean losing her limb. I believe she would've fought that tourniquet harder that fighting with Tanya about keeping her leg.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by thisonegirl View Post
    pmchawk brought up a good point about knowing what a tourniquet does. That's why I haven't thought of CJ as anybody who worked in the medicine field, she would know exactly what a tourniquet did and she would have been aware that it might mean losing her limb. I believe she would've fought that tourniquet harder that fighting with Tanya about keeping her leg.
    I hear what you're saying, and mostly agree. But, 2 thoughts:

1- If she knew a tourniquet was bad, her survival instinct probably kicked in and was fighting so hard to keep her alive that she was ok with the tourniquet at the time of the injury. People change their minds when death is imminent and they are not ready to go. So even if she had previously thought she would never want to survive without a limb, her will to live took precedence over losing a limb.

2-She may have known a tourniquet was bad and not known the full reasons behind it. I'm pretty sure at First Aid classes and the like, they say they are a last resort, but don't explain why. She may have thought she had some hope to keep the leg, not realizing the toxins on the other side of the tourniquet would prevent that.

I'm not ready to commit to any one camp as to what CJ's previous profession was, but I think not knowing the complete consequences of a tourniquet doesn't prevent her from being associated with healthcare in some way. There are plenty of non-clinical staff around hospitals who don't have patient interaction, and could be involved in planning.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Also, I'm still trying to wrap my head around her getting trees moved that could produce fruit with 4 months. How would someone know that it was possible.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Maybe related... or not.

Was listening for something in Chapter 27 and got to the point in 27-2 (around the 12:50 mark) where CJ is recounting what happened in Dunbar the day Kalani arrived. She and Sean were talking:
    Sean: Come here.
    CJ: Now's not the time. There's too much work to be done.
    Sean: You keep doing this, you're gonna break down again. I'm just worried about you.

Kalani got to Dunbar the same day he landed at LAX and CJ says he showed up a couple of days before they were overrun. The timeline puts that a few weeks after Z-day in LA.

So Sean has known CJ long enough to develop a deeper relationship than we see her have with anyone else. AND he's seen her have some sort of breakdown. This could have all occurred between Z-day and Kalani's arrival but I think we're supposed to infer that Sean and CJ go back before Z-day....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    And where do people go when they have a breakdown? Oh, and what character do we know who had (another?) major breakdown? Oh, and where was a guy named ink headed and where was the only tattoo "parlor" we have seen? Oh, and do we know any psychologist who may have worked in a hospital? "Paging Dr. Fabre, ouh that's me..."

Along the timeline, when they are looking for all the stolen stuff when coming back from the arena and Kelly is going through Lizzy's stuff,Lizzy says those are the sweat vials and that is like three weeks worth of work. The current timeline has fuel depot / sweat / water works as bunch, the three weeks comment clearly pushes them way back.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Sep 12th, 2013 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Trying to link a wiki
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Cabbage Patch, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Also, I'm still trying to wrap my head around her getting trees moved that could produce fruit with 4 months. How would someone know that it was possible.
    I would suspect a lot of people have container gardens and she just wheeled some of their huge pots around

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast