User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #57

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Nurse Britt is hiding out at the Live Fire TOC on Goat Mountain, way off on the north side of the Fort Irwin reservation. It has air-conditioned buildings, generators, and it's kept stocked with fuel and water. I seem to remember leaving a stockpile of frozen Buffalo Wings when I was last there, along with a supply of bourbon. That was more than 20 years ago, but I'm guessing they're still there and still good. All she has to do is wait for dark and fire up the enormous "Bat Signal", which Michael is sure to see from LA.

If the gang splits up I hope that Kelly stays at the Colony as Michael's agent. If anyone is going to be able to counter the lies that were told about Michael from their first visit it will be Kelly...she was a witness to what happened, she's shown that she can be persuasive, and she probably still has connections among the laundry crew (always the biggest gossips in my experience). She'd be perfectly positioned to get Michael's side of the story out, and maybe sow some doubts about the new regime.

Nothing we've heard about Dunbar Apartments makes me think it would be a suitable base for the helicopter. Unless there's a landing space on the roof there would be no way to protect it from inside the Tower. And once it flies there you can say goodbye to any chance of keeping the location of Dunbar a secret. Though I guess it's only really a secret from Scratch now.

We do know of one place that's ideal for landing a chopper on, the helipad on the roof of Cain General Hospital. I'll bet there's also a helipad on the roof of Radon Labs; if only we knew where to find a dead Smart One with a Level 3 Radon Labs Security Pass clipped to its belt!
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Sep 9th, 2013 at 11:21 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D, EpiEpee, scbubba, Alizée liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    If Michael finds out about it, I don't think Saul will let him act it until the baby is born. Saul will ask Michael to play along so that his family can remain in the relative safety of the colony while they secure Dunbar.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Ever since Grognaurd (forgive me if I butchered that spelling please) mentioned Michael's PTSD, I've been noticing little things.
    For example in this episode - nicknames.
    Saul is finally at that comfortable point with Victor that he can call him Vic (as he did in this episode) and Victor reponds normally.
    But Victor tried to speak casually to Michael by calling him Mike or Mikey (listened three times, couldn't hear which one) and Michael is quick to snap, "Don't call me that." As an added note, Michael doesn't even let Saul nickname him.

Edit: Also loving the jab about forgetting your name but quoting you anyway, Nik.
    Last edited by Alizée; Sep 10th, 2013 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Nik is the Sassmaster, Level: Legendary
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

Saul, Vic, Mikey, Tanya, Hope... Screw that, all from Fort Irwin goes to Dunbar.
    Colony falls since Ink and his amigos will attack right when the chopper flies towards LA. It's going to be Irwin V2.0.

I'm just waiting for Skittles to return. The crazy folks are aaalwaaayyys important! He'll probably turn out to be Hope's father, and him and Datu will spend the rest of the season arguing who of them shall play the mother's role... (I promise you, that's what's gonna happen!)
    Likes Alizée liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I wrote up a pretty lengthy set of thoughts on 37-3 over in the episode thread: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...of-Power/page8

Key points
    I see a key split happening in the immediate future:
    To Dunbar: Saul, Victor, Michael, Puck, Carl, Muldoon, and Robbins
    Stay in the Colony: CJ, Pegs, Kelly, Glenn and Colony crew, Burt and Riley

To be determined (either Dunbar or Colony)
    Tanya, Datu, and Hope - Tanya wil be torn between Saul/Baby and the patients of the Colony (including CJ). Datu will want to go with Michael but will not want Hope to go into danger - Datu will not leave Hope.
    The helicopter - no good way to take it back up into LA but no desire to leave it in the Colony. May go, like someone else put it earlier, to LAX. But that may mean leaving it unattended for long stretches of time.

Burt and Riley will stay at the Colony for now since Pegs is there. Burt knows full well that Scratch wants Pegs. So Burt and Riley will hatch a plan to stick close to her and maybe even find a way to use her as bait. I don't think that Burt is ready to make a berserker rush out into zombieland to chase down Scratch without having a clue where she is. Wait for her to come to them....

In the discussion about who goes where and who goes with whom, the real wildcard is TOWTM. If he sets up an attack on the Colony any time soon, then most of the planning and posturing will go away (at least for a while). An attack on the Colony before Saul's week is up changes a lot of stuff...

After a couple of listens to 37-3, and going back into 37-2 as well, I just want to say that Kc is doing a great job of putting us on a roller coaster with the main characters. There is so much to love about the characters that when something comes up that is "bad" with them, I feel real emotions. I wanted to slap CJ in the face after 37-3 and knock some sense into her head. In the same way that I wanted to kick Michael in the butt in earlier episodes when he made his bonehead moves....

Saul and Lizzie are about the only ones that I feel like haven't has a "dark side" really in the show. I almost felt like he was going to when arranging the prisoner swap in Season 2, but it was all out of love for Lizzie...

In the end, I think it may play an important role in the overall story that Saul and Lizzie are the "cleanest" characters in WA.... (I just don't know how yet)
    Likes EpiEpee, Alizée liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

I have a funky theory about Lizzie.
    I know her friends are the residents. However, she got very close to Bricks and even (albeit in a manipulative therapist kind of way) was able to get personal with Scratch.
    Will this affect her loyalties to the residents of the Tower? Will it make her less eager to leave the Colony to hunt down Scratch?
    Just a couple thoughts.
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I don't think Michael has so much influence to have much saying in what is going on in The Colony as of now.
    1) CJ made up her mind about Saul and Victor; and she won't change it.
    2) If Michael wants to move to Dunbar, the soldiers won't follow him as easily, 'cause probably they stick with the idea that the civilians need protection; also I don't think that Dunbar offers a proper landing site for the helicopter. Also the soldiers have nothing or only little to do with Saul and Victor; so they are not as heavily attached to them as Michael is.
    A reasonable thing they could or would do is that they establish a military base at Dunbar in order to perform military operations/ missions from that place. But would CJ play along - especially as she and her minions will do anything to keep as much guns/ weapons/ ammo at the Colony as possible?

Michael cannot challenge CJ openly; he has nearly no support from the colonists. And his (former) friends seem to be on or become loose.

I don't like the situation Michael is in. Now he is even more with his back to the wall than any time before #37 ... And he needs to make sacrifices - a lot of them.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Thoughts being pulled over from the episode thread-

I think there is an interesting parallel going on between CJ and Riley right now. Both have lost loves (romantic or otherwise) in their life. But, CJ is handling it by pushing people away, and not really choosing to go after the main source of the problem, the zombies. Riley's response is more productive in my opinion, and I'm excited to see how her and Burt's storyline plays out. The ending scene is one of my absolute favorites of the series so far.

Assuming Riley and Burt do hunt down Scratch, I could see Pegs being used as a decoy to lure Scratch out into the open, but not actually participating further in any violence that may ensue. I'm throwing my hat fully in the Burt/Riley camp for the actual death-and I think they will do it together. Pretty much the same thing SCBubba said, but I think Pegs could be convinced to be the decoy willingly.

Finally, really CJ, really?! Tanya saved her life, regardless of her perception of how she wound up in that situation. I understand there is a lot psychologically that goes into losing a limb, but her behavior is unacceptable. I can't find it now, but whoever said that this is really more about the fallout from Saul turning her down than it is the lie, I completely agree. Also, I think if she doesn't sit herself down to recover, we may be seeing some nasty complications in this recovery-that wound could still get infected badly, and it sounds like Tanya's at the edge of her supplies and know-how. And that's if she's even around the colony to help CJ.

"New Arrival"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Alizée View Post
    I have a funky theory about Lizzie.
    I know her friends are the residents. However, she got very close to Bricks and even (albeit in a manipulative therapist kind of way) was able to get personal with Scratch.
    Will this affect her loyalties to the residents of the Tower? Will it make her less eager to leave the Colony to hunt down Scratch?
    Just a couple thoughts.
    It didn't stop her from trying to get Scratch killed when she had Bricks show Durai the tape, and that was while Scratch was the only thing between her and potentially, a good bit of rape. Don't see why she'd have a change of heart now.
    Likes Hoff4D, Alizée liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by EpiEpee View Post

, I think if she doesn't sit herself down to recover, we may be seeing some nasty complications in this recovery-that wound could still get infected badly, and it sounds like Tanya's at the edge of her supplies and know-how. And that's if she's even around the colony to help CJ.
    Perhaps that is why Tanya was wanting to look up staff infection. CJ was having a little bit of a cough.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast