User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #56

We're Not Dead Host

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Britt5091 PSN ID: Britt5091 Wii Code: PSSH yeah right. I'm too lazy to locate that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbage patch View Post
    pegs will end up hooking up with pete.

Mike will take the pelican back to fort irwin to hunt for supplies, where he'll find nurse britt.
    I am okay with this and will support it on WND!
    Last edited by Britt; Sep 4th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Yer really putting me on the spot with this signature thing. So I will leave you with two things: BUTTSEX! and my website.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Britt View Post
    I am okay with this and will support it on WND!
    Unlikely a FF game I don't think a character could live through a nuke. I can't see Nurse Britt sit on a piece of wall, playing Cup and Ball, while wait for a pick up.

..... unless she found a fridge.........

Also what supplies would still be around????

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    They stayed in the tower for 3 months, according to Saul. From May 8th (Day of the outbreak) to August 3rd (When they arrived at Fort Irwin) She then lives in Boulder from August the 6 to December the 16th, four months.
    Pegs comment about how long she spent in Boulder vs how long she spent with Michael got me thinking about the group dynamics. I feel like her comment about the length of time was meant to bring this back into focus for us listeners since it was very easy for us to gloss over the time span since it passed in mere moments for us.

Our Heroes (Towerites) were together through some intense times for the 3 months that Witch_Doctor mentions.
    Victor, Tanya, and Hope only spent about a couple of weeks with the crew but spent almost 3 months in the Colony together.

Then we have the big splits.

Michael, Riley, Tanya, and the Fort Irwin soldiers (mainly Puck and Carl) spent 4.5 months together in Fort Irwin.
    Saul, Victor, and CJ spent the majority of the 4.5 months together in LA.
    Pegs, Kelly, Datu, and Hope spent 4.5 months together in Boulder.
    Lizzie and Burt were kept separated from all the rest of the crew for the 4.5 month span at the Colony.

So, how does that reset the relationships and loyalties, I wonder? Does Saul have a grudge against Michael and Co for leaving them behind? Do Saul and Victor have a stronger tie to CJ than Michael? How do Lizzie and Burt feel about everyone else (other than Saul of course)? Do they feel abandoned?

If these (or other) pressures strain the group to near breaking, who or what will draw them back together? Keeps bringing the meaning of "Balance of Power" back into my mind. Will be interesting to see how chapter 37 finishes up....
    Likes Witch_Doctor, EpiEpee liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadSweeper View Post
    Unlikely a FF game I don't think a character could live through a nuke. I can't see Nurse Britt sit on a piece of wall, playing Cup and Ball, while wait for a pick up.

..... unless she found a fridge.........

Also what supplies would still be around????
    The main base at Fort Irwin is gone, but that's only a small part of the base complex. The Box, the training area that lies north of the base, is almost the size of Rhode Island. In my day there were several permanent training, command and logistics sits in The Box; the one I worked at was 60 miles and 3 mountain ranges away from the base, easily safe from the nuclear blast. We know there was a basic training base in The Box, there might be survivors from the checkpoints, maybe even stragglers from Boulder.

I doubt the story will take us back to Fort Irwin, but it could be worth the trip. If Michael could rescue a hundred armed survivors from Fort Irwin that could really impact the "balance of power" at the Colony.

"Stalker"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsExtreme Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    The main base at Fort Irwin is gone, but that's only a small part of the base complex. The Box, the training area that lies north of the base, is almost the size of Rhode Island. In my day there were several permanent training, command and logistics sits in The Box; the one I worked at was 60 miles and 3 mountain ranges away from the base, easily safe from the nuclear blast. We know there was a basic training base in The Box, there might be survivors from the checkpoints, maybe even stragglers from Boulder.

I doubt the story will take us back to Fort Irwin, but it could be worth the trip. If Michael could rescue a hundred armed survivors from Fort Irwin that could really impact the "balance of power" at the Colony.
    But if they survived then the New Little Ones may have also survived. Why take a change of bring one of them back especially since we don't know if there are jumpers among them. Oddly enough we haven't seen a jumper since the first tower attack.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Cabbage Patch liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    I don't think the chances of finding supplies or survivors would be worth the fuel expenditure of the trip. I think at least part of the survivors will be staying in the colony, since Datu is busy working his mechanical voodoo to get the place back up to snuff. If Michael ends up in any sort of romantic relationship again, I think it would be with Riley. They are both going to be grieving over Angel, and they are already close, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    I don't think the chances of finding supplies or survivors would be worth the fuel expenditure of the trip.
    Probably doesn't fit the story narrative at this point. I expect that Michael's "soldiers" will get their additional weapons from the "Long Beach Navy Base" that the LA Recon Team checked out back in Chapter 30.
    Likes Red Shirt, Grognaurd, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Probably doesn't fit the story narrative at this point. I expect that Michael's "soldiers" will get their additional weapons from the "Long Beach Navy Base" that the LA Recon Team checked out back in Chapter 30.
    With bolder and Irwin nuked, Michael would be well served to collect or at a minimum contact those off site. Each one has a story that is important to the WA franchise even though there isn't room in this story arc. I think it would be worth a minute or two of narration to lay out some lose ends. I would love something like Michael talking to Puck about the current story and Muldoon talking to another team in the background.
    Likes Red Shirt liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognaurd View Post
    With bolder and Irwin nuked, Michael would be well served to collect or at a minimum contact those off site.
    He did after all swipe a fresh sat phone and the directory with all the numbers when Kimmet kicked him and Puck out of the C&C.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

With Hope lurking around the Hospital there might be a chance that she and CJ make the connection that they shared the same tower. CJ will obviously want to know how she got there. Sean's name will come up, along with the revelation from either Hope or Tanya or Michael that Sean was killed by a set-up by Gate Keeper instead of the Mallers. BOOM! Another skeleton falls out of Victor's closet.

AND, I'm making the call again, you ready? James is the slow turner. Hope says that he died of some infection (yeah, right), and their arrival coincides with the time Tanya was bitten.

Back to the Victor's Secrets Catalogue, I doubt that EVERYBODY will come down on him as secret-hoarding schmuck because others are in on his secrets too.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast