User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    I don't think that is the case. I think he was going through the cabinet and knew what it was immediately.

"Man, they have d@mn near everything in here. Oh, huh, I definitely might need this."
    Yup, my bad, the part I recalled was the morphine for CJ

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Since Tonya is a Vet not a real doctor I assumed that she was just used to having suicide syringes ready. Plus lots of standard medicine are deadly in large doses. Potassium Chloride is used to treat low potassium levels but it is also used for lethal injections
    Good point. The syringes could have easily been something like Potassium Chloride or anything else easy to overdose on. And just because Tanya had those syringes around doesn't mean she had them there right from the start. She may well have realized the necessity of putting someone down quickly and relatively painlessly and knew what kinds of meds worked for that so she had some mixed up. I'm guessing she mixed them up when she first saw the slow turner because she knew there was a good chance he was going to need to be put down and those syringes are a lot more humane, and less messy, than a bullet.
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    It's likely that the syringes contain Pentobarbital, since it can be used as a sedative and an anesthetic in normal does, but causes deep unconsciousness and caridaic arrest in higher doses.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Reading through this thread I wonder if Tanya had been an MD vs a veterinarian, would she have made up the suicide syringes or not. As a vet, she will have had euthanization as a regular part of her practice and training/philosophy about when to use it. Most MD's don't/wouldn't, I think.

And since Saul worked with her at times, I'm sure he had the same understanding/philosophy about it. In other words, if there had been a different doctor at the colony or someone other than Saul digging in there, we wouldn't have had the syringe that kept Mucho Macho Victor from becoming the baddest ass Zed around.... (great f'n scene!)

Since Little One Arm got stitched by the minigun right after that, we have no idea how the drugs affect the Zeds. Just that a needle to the eye distracts them pretty well.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12