User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pegs and Marcus

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Pegs Pegs and Marcus

Digging up some old stuff I wrote prior to season 3

Pegs claims to not speak Spanish. Victor / Fernando say Marcus twice when they first all meet up. How many of you picked out he name Marcus on the first listen through? Could you do it without Spanish? Fast Forward to when they meet Tanya. She also mentions Marcus. Pegs inturupts her and says wait, Marcus is in charge?

This familiarity boters me. I speculate she already knows him and his reputation

Of course I really start to go off the rails and fear Pegs is wrapped up with the Family because both she and Angel start to call Latch John. I feel good about the Pegs and Marcus, but Pegs Family is unsettled. However, if we have convict Family trying to reunite with "other" families, things start to make a little more sense. Again, this is my Apocolyptic cult theory which differs from the classic Mafia family concept

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Pegs does have depths to her we don't seem to have explored. She understands guns, she just abhors them for some unexplained reason. And who knew she was a pilot? And why did Angel feel compelled to help her deliver Latch's body to the Mallers? Does anybody else think she's a Mafia Princess?
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Lilydragon liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Pegs does have depths to her we don't seem to have explored. She understands guns, she just abhors them for some unexplained reason. And who knew she was a pilot? And why did Angel feel compelled to help her deliver Latch's body to the Mallers? Does anybody else think she's a Mafia Princess?
    *waves hand in the air and jumps up and down* I do, I do!!!! I hope we get a deeper look into Pegs this season. I just relistened to season one and I'm working on season two. I've been listening while at work so I'm going to have to listen again... I guess it's a good thing I got season two from Audible. And I really didn't expect the new endorsement by them.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello there,

Pegs is really interesting - as a character, as a person, and as the source for a lot of speculation. Only few other characters shared a lot about themselves to the audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Fast Forward to when they meet Tanya. She also mentions Marcus. Pegs inturupts her and says wait, Marcus is in charge?

This familiarity boters me. I speculate she already knows him and his reputation
    I have some trouble believing this. Pegs never encountered Marcus. And Marcus as a name really is not that uncommon. Maybe she knew a Marcus, but she never could be sure if the Colony-Marcus-Wannabe-Starfleet-Officer is the one she knew ...

Considering how hesitant she was when she shot John, I am not so certain that she is familiar with guns; she may have become familiar since the war, because she happened to realize a couple of things.

Her relation with Angel may be the result of Angel having given her some "shelter" or comfort after she shot Angel - you know, like a friend offering you your shoulder. I am not certain if this is a solid base to assume that there might be more to it. Things are vague. But the idea of Pegs being a Mafia-chick ... Wow, that would add a totally different spin to her. And that would make an upcoming confrontation with Scratch even more interesting ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I'm not ready to jump into the Pegs/Mafia/Family tie yet. The strongest of the tenuous links is talking Angel into delivering Latch's body. It could have been some sort of Family tie but that would mean that Pegs knew about Angel's tie to the Family. She would have had to know that before Z-day or Angel would have confided in her after getting to the Tower. Not sure that happened.

The "No guns for me" thing with Pegs could have any number of causes from her past including personal trauma.

I think Pegs is going to figure in how this story ultimately plays out. It might be as little as a motivator for Michael to do something heroic/stupid because she is in danger or it could be something as big as being a key player in the ultimate showdown/reveal for We're Alive. Either way, I think we are gonna learn something about Pegs that makes us say WTF!?!?!
    Last edited by scbubba; Aug 28th, 2013 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo
    Likes Alizée, Robzombie liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    ..Considering how hesitant she was when she shot John, I am not so certain that she is familiar with guns...
    You're right. I re-listened to the part where Pegs' aversion to guns first comes up (1-2), and she says "I've never shot a gun". For some some reason I remembered that differently.

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    ...But the idea of Pegs being a Mafia-chick ... Wow, that would add a totally different spin to her...
    There's really no evidence for this, I just thought it would be cool. I mean, who would have suspected that Pegs could fly a helicopter, so why not this too.
    Likes Red Shirt, scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I think Pegs likely asked Angel to deliver the body to the Mallers because he was the best and most trustworthy person available to do it. Saul was injured, Michael was with her, Burt would probably skull f**k Latch, Datu would have to drag it all the way, and Pegs was too chauvinistic to ask Riley or Lizzy.

But I've always thought the idea of a Pegs-Family connection to be intriguing. Angel told Kalani that he learned of John's name via Pegs, who in turn learned it from Scratch's screaming after he was shot. (Her name should be Scream, not Scratch) But Peg's nightmare made me wonder if it was simply guilty conscience or if she knew something of Family dynamics. Latch speaks to her in her dreams as if she knows something that we don't obviously see.

As for picking out Marcus' name within a Spanish conversation, well, she's in California with quite a bit of Spanish speakers. I actually picked it out on the first listen. I live around a lot of Tagalog speakers and often recognize names, places and objects mixed in the Filipino vocabulary.

After re-listening the the 'Marcus is in charge' part, it seems she is just establishing for the audience that the person mention in the radio message in the head honcho. Tanya just mentions Marcus' name without any introduction. His name is just too common for Pegs to know who he is.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Would there be an opportunity to reveal something like this in this season? We have a lot of character stories to resolve, would something of this magnitude be a focus of this season? My guess is we resolve hanging threads and focus on zombies and tying up story line loose ends.

My vote is sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a guilt ridden girl is a guilt ridden girl who happens to pick up on Marcus in the midst of a bunch of Spanish gibberish she couldn't understand etc...
    Last edited by nikvoodoo; Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Likes Alizée, LiamKerrington, HardKor liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Damn it guys! I should be thinking about tattoos...

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    It could have been some sort of Family tie but that would mean that Pegs knew about Angel's tie to the Family. She would have had to know that before Z-day or Angel would have confided in her after getting to the Tower. Not sure that happened.
    Not necessarily, The portrayal of Scratch seems to indicate that she didn't recognize Angel right away. If a family is large enough, then I think it is entirely possible: I lived in the South for quite a while and Family reunions are quite a thing down there. You would often see them at the local park having rented one (or more) of the picnic pavilions and there would be multiple hundreds of people in attendance. And that is just one blood line.

Now, way back in my nooblet days, I postulated HERE, HERE, HERE and more recently HERE about the nature of "The Families." I have been of the belief that "The Families" were more of the old, even ancient secret society variety, rather than the mafioso type. That there may be multiple blood lines that could be perhaps distantly related to a single progenitor.

Given the cover art for Chapter 31 and the discussion of the rings therein... (Which I neglected to follow up on, hence my verbosity here.) Lizzie described the ring (Ch. 31 1/3 @9:57) as inscribed with Latin and having three intertwined rings. Lizzie also says, "Wow, it's sooo old." Now, I'm not suggesting that The Families are as old as ancient Rome, the use of Latin in ritual and ceremony was in vogue well into the 17th and 18th centuries*.

I would posit that the three rings indicate three bloodlines that are working to a common goal and given what may be 500 or so years of history, there may have been a thousand or more "Family" members. Thus, distantly related members may not (ever) recognize each other without the rings.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Would there be an opportunity to reveal something like this in this season? We have a lot of character stories to resolve, would something of this magnitude be a focus of this season? My guess is we resolve hanging threads and focus on zombies and tying up story line loose ends.

My vote is sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a guilt ridden girl is a guilt ridden girl who happens to pick up on Marcus in the midst of a bunch of Spanish gibberish she couldn't understand.
    Or this is just a great big Red Herring flavored cigar. Still fun to think about.

*(Particularly in Catholic mass... Angel was Catholic. "...Catholic school was so long ago.")
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Not necessarily, The portrayal of Scratch seems to indicate that she didn't recognize Angel right away. If a family is large enough, then I think it is entirely possible: I lived in the South for quite a while and Family reunions are quite a thing down there. You would often see them at the local park having rented one (or more) of the picnic pavilions and there would be multiple hundreds of people in attendance. And that is just one blood line.
    At some point, though, Pegs would have had to make the connection that Angel was Family and then probably reveal that knowledge to Angel when requesting that he deliver Latch's body. Possible, but I'm still not in that camp. Of course, we know so very little about the Family so it could be one of those threads similar to "the Rat" that will become painfully obvious in hindsight...

Speaking of the Family ring.

It reminds me of this:

with one of these in it:

So maybe there is something to the Doomsday cult deal.
    Last edited by scbubba; Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    Likes Red Shirt, Robzombie liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast