User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #55

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Challenge accepted:

Very well played. Up for another one?

Giraffe snipers. Go!
    Likes Arch_Will liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Giraffe snipers. Go!
    Challenge accepted:

Likes Litmaster, scbubba liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    ooo i want to see this one :P

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    well holy mother shitballs!!!

wtg cabbage!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Challenge accepted:

I bow before your awesome might, CBP! My only wish is to one day study at your feet.....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Which is true; but having several specifically mentioned victims on which the turning took a few or even more minutes does not establish a rule - at least not the general case, right?
    And the slow-turner-subject is one of the many - maybe even important - things to be discussed on the show. They became important with Tanya mentioning them; they are important with all our theories regarding Tanya, Saul, and maybe even little Henry in terms of a certain blood-type or blood-factor or genetic quality of this family-blood-line, which may have the potential to slow down, if not stop, the zeeh.factor.

We don't know, when exactly Amy was hurt - and how actually. It might have been just a few minutes before she was brought to Tanya's medical center; but it even could have been the few hours Michael mentioned, which passed between the initial zombie-attack on the Colony and the last ones being killed by the soldiers. So if the second case or something between both extremes might be true for Amy, then she could or should be considered a slow-turner. So: What would make her different from the average guy next door being either insta-deathed by zombies or turned into one in a few seconds up to minutes? And how it comes that any case of "slower" turning zombs have a direct link to The Colony?

Ok, Tommy took some more minutes, and he had nothing to do with the Colony; but is his case so obviously different from the average zombie-turning? I don't think so, because his mood and attitude changed rather quickly back then - right from the helpful young guy to an aggressive moron.

So, these things keep my mind busy right now ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Trying to recall how long Tanya's initial "slow turner" took. Was it hours or days before they put him down?

All the other examples were minutes of elapsed time, I think. Amy was probably hit in the 2nd wave (assuming - no proof) so it may have benn as little as 20 mins if she got injured right before the Little Ones went back over the wall and then got hunted down. So maybe normal turn times are from seconds to tens of minutes and slow tun times are in days....

Doesn't get us any closer to the "why" right off, but might be important.

Also, did Tanya treat the slow turner immediately or some time after the turn started? How long after? Time to go do some digging.

If this helps: Tanya says, in Chapter 29 Part 3, that there were cases of people turning slowly. What usually takes minutes or seconds can take days or up to weeks. She only goes into specifics regarding one slow turner but on two occasions mentions that there were several.

Y'all are right in that there is no telling when she was infected. Questions abound.
    1) According to Micheal's description, her wounds sound like they could have been scratches. Maybe bites and or blood contact works faster than scratches.
    2) Maybe Inklings infect at a slower rate.
    3) If the speed of infection varies because of the location of the victim ( L.A. vs Colony vs Ground Zero ) with Ground Zero having the fastest followed by LA, then why did the victims in Boulder turn with lightning speed? The Boulder victims were the farthest from the Ground Zero Hot Spot.
    Likes LiamKerrington, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    With Amy(edited to clarify) being in the hospital, isn't there a possibility that Tanya slipped her the cocktail that she and Saul had taken? It would serve as a control of sorts to see if its the medicine or something in the family genetics.

About Michael sleeping for long periods, each of those situations involved alot of physical and mental stress to him beforehand, which I think could justify the heavy sleep periods.
    Last edited by Malador; Aug 26th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
    Likes Hoff4D liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

So . . . Saul gonna give CJ a transfusion or am I daydreaming?
    Likes Hoff4D liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

P.S. I'm pretty sure you guys are all drunk.
    Likes Litmaster, scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsBeloved
    Amy infection: I tought we settled that: during the autopsy Tanya notes the little one has self-inflicted wounds. They "poison" their own nails with their blood and infect with the scratches. I agree that until now, with the one exception of the slow turner who bit Tanya, we had only fast turning. Which is what made the fall of Boulder so unconvincing to me, people turning after more than 24h in a car (plus other convenient accidents). Funny enough, Amy's own slow turning makes sense now in light of the fact that slow turners were in the convoy.
    I think we should discuss the absence of the "this is now" line from Michael's initial speech (plus he seem to stammer on "didn't"). It is a significant difference that sets this season apart, KC does not do things like these randomly, he usually is very deliberate and takes great care to chisel even the smallest details.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast