User Tag List

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnd #55

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Will View Post
    Cabbage Patch Challenge:

Turtle Artillery
    Challenge accepted:

Extra credit, a Korean Turtle Ship, which was one of the first cannon-armed warships:

Likes Litmaster, scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    well played.. well played!

*stands to ovate*

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hello.

As I mentioned on the episode-thread: This first episode seems to be packed with foreshadowing big time - see there.

But I have another thought ... Amy.

Amy was hurt by zombies; she only spoke of a scratch, but how true or false is this what she says? Considering the time between the initial attack on the Colony and the hours afterwards it came to my mind that Amy might have had certain "slow-turner"-qualities. So what is it that makes her "special" - or in a much broader sense: Why is it that slow turner seem to show up in the Colony more frequently than anywhere else?
    Keep in mind: With Fernando and even with Tommy we had to perfect examples for quick turning; and throughout the whole show the quick turning was normal - in the beginning as well as as late as in in Boulder ... So: When was she hurt? And if she was hurt during the first attack hours ago (during chapter #36), then why did the process of her turning take so long until Tanya took care of it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Judging from some comment in the forum you would think that there is something Freudian concerning Michael and fighting zombies. After a tough days work he falls asleep for days.
    1) First night of outbreak.
    2) Long nap after surgery (Possibly due to anesthesia)
    3) First day at Fort Irwin
    4) First day back at the Colony.
    A couple of people suggested that it was due to some sort of zombie proximity, but I'm guessing his Necro-Narcalepsy is just an adrenaline crash. A sort of 'OK, someone else is looking after things now' induced relaxation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur LaMarche View Post
    Possibly, there were many other people in tha room and we know the place is light on drugs and yet they have slept right through it so far. I am not stomping my feet and saying get within a foot of them and it is sleeping beauty, but the behavior is odd and repeatable.

A similar example i never included was being close to Fernando. OMG, WE ARE SURROUNDED. Let's take a nap
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Hey Arthur LaMarche - more sleeping theory fodder in Episode 37-1!

Michael and Burt again. But enough of a reasonable doubt (like all the others) to say "maybe not"!

I'm totally intrigued by your theory on this. I'd like to sign up for your newsletter!
    The best guess timeline has the outbreak on Wednesday AM. Lizzy shows up early Thursday AM. Michael sleeps to Friday AM. One long day and one restless night does not justify 24 hours of not sleep, but out cold unconscious, there was no wakin' you Sarge. This just screams there is more here. Matrixing can totally be my bad, but it is also good writing to hide plot aspects in plain sight with a mild misdirection. It's magic
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    I think the reason Michael slept so long is that after the long day of clearing the tower of Zombies he tried to sleep the first night with his back to the stairwell door and didn't really sleep the first night.

Lizzy and Todd came to the tower a day later so they had one less night of sleep

Kalani was waiting for death and fearful of what horrible things would happen to his daughter because he failed, as a parent the Depression would be overwhelming. I normally sleep 6 hours or less a night but if I have a bout with depression I can sleep 18 hours a day if my wife doesn't force me to get active.

Burt's place is a little farther from the water works than the tower so it might have lost water pressure, BUT your toilet has a gallon or two of clean water in the tank, and some more in the bowl if you get desperate.

I love to play Devil's advocate but I STILL think you have a stong case for the idea that fighting off an airborn attack of the virus/bateria/nanobots/microscopic maggots causes someone to have to crash for 2 to 3 days.

Hmm.... I just thought of microscopic maggots .... need to start a new thread
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Good observation on the sleeping aspect. Hadn't thought about that connection. Could be PTZD (Post Traumatic Zed Disorder).

And +1 for the Captain Fancypants reference....
    Michael meets Lizzy and Todd at the door with a zombie. I do not believe that because Michael had a hard day clearing the tower and then suffered cat naps at the door can justify sleeping another 24 hours especially when Saul and Angel try to wake him. There was no waking you, Sarge. Said Saul

Lizzy arrives and Riley puts he to bed. She will be alright... But, when Riley asks her to grab the litter box so the cat won't shit on the sofa, Lizzy does not no where the room is. I infer that she also must have been groggy and did not understand the sleeping arrangements even she had been there 36 or more hours

Burt, did Burt's shop lose water pressure unlike the rest of LA? I think his dehydration is caused by his being knocked out by the contagion, not that he passes out because he is dehydrated.

Kalani was messed up even before drugs are mentioned.

Others. I will never be a fan of Hollywood's bop them on the head and have people out for minutes to hours and then clear as a bell. Nope, I think there is more going on. You might be right, but I see repeating patterns and think they are part of story weave.
    Likes Grognaurd, Litmaster, scbubba liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    Hello.

As I mentioned on the episode-thread: This first episode seems to be packed with foreshadowing big time - see there.

But I have another thought ... Amy.

Amy was hurt by zombies; she only spoke of a scratch, but how true or false is this what she says? Considering the time between the initial attack on the Colony and the hours afterwards it came to my mind that Amy might have had certain "slow-turner"-qualities. So what is it that makes her "special" - or in a much broader sense: Why is it that slow turner seem to show up in the Colony more frequently than anywhere else?
    Keep in mind: With Fernando and even with Tommy we had to perfect examples for quick turning; and throughout the whole show the quick turning was normal - in the beginning as well as as late as in in Boulder ... So: When was she hurt? And if she was hurt during the first attack hours ago (during chapter #36), then why did the process of her turning take so long until Tanya took care of it.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    There could be some significant lag time between contact with a Little One and turning. The soldiers at the crash sight, the survivor at the medical check point, (Tanya mentions that it was the second or third time it happened that day) and Roman a examples compared with the speed that Fernando started to change. Then again, Tommy took several minutes too. Also, Riley mentioned varying turning times from the flower shop.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    There could be some significant lag time between contact with a Little One and turning. The soldiers at the crash sight, the survivor at the medical check point, (Tanya mentions that it was the second or third time it happened that day) and Roman a examples compared with the speed that Fernando started to change. Then again, Tommy took several minutes too. Also, Riley mentioned varying turning times from the flower shop.
    Which is true; but having several specifically mentioned victims on which the turning took a few or even more minutes does not establish a rule - at least not the general case, right?
    And the slow-turner-subject is one of the many - maybe even important - things to be discussed on the show. They became important with Tanya mentioning them; they are important with all our theories regarding Tanya, Saul, and maybe even little Henry in terms of a certain blood-type or blood-factor or genetic quality of this family-blood-line, which may have the potential to slow down, if not stop, the zeeh.factor.

We don't know, when exactly Amy was hurt - and how actually. It might have been just a few minutes before she was brought to Tanya's medical center; but it even could have been the few hours Michael mentioned, which passed between the initial zombie-attack on the Colony and the last ones being killed by the soldiers. So if the second case or something between both extremes might be true for Amy, then she could or should be considered a slow-turner. So: What would make her different from the average guy next door being either insta-deathed by zombies or turned into one in a few seconds up to minutes? And how it comes that any case of "slower" turning zombs have a direct link to The Colony?

Ok, Tommy took some more minutes, and he had nothing to do with the Colony; but is his case so obviously different from the average zombie-turning? I don't think so, because his mood and attitude changed rather quickly back then - right from the helpful young guy to an aggressive moron.

So, these things keep my mind busy right now ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Trying to recall how long Tanya's initial "slow turner" took. Was it hours or days before they put him down?

All the other examples were minutes of elapsed time, I think. Amy was probably hit in the 2nd wave (assuming - no proof) so it may have benn as little as 20 mins if she got injured right before the Little Ones went back over the wall and then got hunted down. So maybe normal turn times are from seconds to tens of minutes and slow tun times are in days....

Doesn't get us any closer to the "why" right off, but might be important.

Also, did Tanya treat the slow turner immediately or some time after the turn started? How long after? Time to go do some digging.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I isolated the clip of the little one saying "We're Alive" So everyone is listening to the same thing, It sounds like it says We're Alive to Me!

Victor heard it say We're alive so the is NO Arguing it, it is FACT!

http://podcastnerd.com/Zombies_Alive.mp3
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    as far as the Michael sleeping hypothesis, can we not just call a spade a spade and assert that he fell asleep because he was exhausted? dont know bout anyone else.. but that kind of happens to me after i've had a long day zombie slaying...... O.o
    Likes Red Shirt, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Will View Post
    as far as the Michael sleeping hypothesis, can we not just call a spade a spade and assert that he fell asleep because he was exhausted? dont know bout anyone else.. but that kind of happens to me after i've had a long day zombie slaying...... O.o
    In the WA universe, sometimes a spade is a spade and sometimes it is an opening into the whole cause of a world wide Extinction Level Zombie event.....
    Likes Arch_Will liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast