User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd

Shovel Open world game, that remembers?

Skyrim has amazing visuals, good mechanics, but what I love most is it remembers. Clear an area and it does not reset and repop like dead rising or dead island.

What other games do you know that do that?

I love the Mass Effect Franchise. A game where choices have consequences. The story telling is iterative. Sometimes I choose wrong and there are consequences, but I get so tired of thinking this dude is going to screw me, but there is no out, because the story is closed. Lazy writing

What other games do you know like this?

Mods? I like games where the authors have the confidence to give players the sand box to tell their own story. I learned to drag and dop in the skyrim modded.

Is there better / easier modding system. Skyrim is nice, but the database aspect of it sucked. Anything better?

I am old enough to be the father of a lot of you and if not, your parents younger sibling making me the cool uncle. I can flow chart, story board and pseudo code with the bet of them. Syntax is not a problem. I learn that simply by oservation of existing fragments. I picked up LUA, just by looking at it, even though my only computer class was a single 3credit FORTRAN77 almost 20 years. It's cool, but I want to create, not just edit the UI

In summary, I am looking for good open world games to play or possibly mod.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi LaMarche,

except for the last question about Modding I can give you insight to the first two questions:

Games that remember: The Gothic franchise
    Games with consequences about what you do: The Gothic franchise; also Knights of the Old Republic, which has plenty of "parallels" to the Mass Effect series - in fact I learned and understood playing Mass Effect because I "trained" the same basic oncepts in Knights of the Old Republic.

If you enjoy sandboxing combined with some incredible economic flavor: go get yourself the X-games from egosoft - www.egosoft.com. These games put some spells on me. And the modder-scene is impressive and huge.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Awesome, thanks! I will look into them. Quick glance at ego and saw deep silver. I loved Much of dead island, but it would be so much better if the engine handled repops and items more like Skyrim. Lol. I remember my first play at Dead rising Demo. Methodically cleared a small section of a dead end and was so proud. Turned around and saw repops. Figured I missed some. Clear them. Then I figured out the game was cheating, lol

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Something quick about Skyrim, though. If the area be it cave, camp, outdoor temple, what-have-you, is pertinent to any quest, it will repopulate after three game days or so. And the dragons at their respective holds come back eventually as well. But those are the pawns of the games, the red shirts, the expendables, stormtroopers and rebels of Tamriel.

The actual essential people or non-faceless adversaries do not come back to life, and I love that... except when those damned vampires attack a village and kill someone I had trading business with. Vampires killed the two people who could run a store in one of the smaller towns, so I cannot offload my war spoils there. But I got their house key from their bodies, so I can hang out in their place.

Skyrim is what stops me from finishing my college course early; that game is pretty engaging.

As for Mass Effect and KOTOR, I'm like Liam, KOTOR trained me for the first Mass Effect game. In fact, the first Mass Effect felt like KOTOR without the light sabers. And that's the game I spent the most time playing out of the three Mass Effect series... even after you include all the DLC for the second and third.
    Likes Grognaurd liked this post
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Hmmm.... Seems like repop time is a lot longer than 3 game days. If a day is a day/night cycle. But, if a game day is 24 hour of play time (real life) that seems about right. If a bear wanders back into the woods after 72 hours of play, ok! If I clear a store an barricade it and shit respswns out of thin air, oh well? Rather have it another way.

What I would like to do is create undead " Rifts " over draugar tombs and they keep spawning and stumbling outward randomly until agro'ed. I would like to turn off the Critter aggression towards the player as if " Pandora " was helping the player. I would like more player movable objects to help townsfolk wall-in. Pretty simple scripting, I would think. Low level telekenitc to move rather than throw. But, lol, I do knot even remember if skyrim did that. Never worked much of the magic. Did a sword and board. Archer. Stealth assassin as the three diff characters. The archer was even the head of the Mage college, but the only skill in magic was accidental books. That cocky Kajchit or whatever spelling hated me lol

There s so much more computing power out there to handle relationship databases. I think it should be harnessed to better prepare the war front than blowing it on dust practical movement in an explosion.
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Aug 25th, 2013 at 07:42 AM.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Temple of Apshai was the first computer adventure game i played way back in 1979
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I need to play as much Skyrim as possible before my next college course starts. I'm just short of being level 100, and I'm in the middle of Act II, I believe. Side quests are so distracting, yet fun.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Lurker"

Status
    Yeah, it is a kind of legendary game, I think. But the progress is moving forward and sometimes it is so interesting to look at how the sphere is developing. https://planetachatbot.com/uso-de-ch...n-6216663624e1 check this article as an example.

"Lurker"

Status
    I love Fallout series but what I don't like about the last game is when you loot some spot and go on doing your business and come back later this place you have looted before doesn't look like it was looted. You can loot cases, boxes several times and kill the same scavengers over and over. I wish it could be possible to make it remember too just like in Skyrim. I can suggest Fallout 4 if you didn't play it yet. We are in Europe now and my father is looking for a property for sale in Budapest Hungary and I keep playing the game all the time. I already have 250 hours on the game lol.
    Last edited by lupo; Oct 19th, 2020 at 09:47 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by lupo View Post
    I love Fallout series but what I don't like about the last game is when you loot some spot and go on doing your business and come back later this place you have looted before doesn't look like it was looted. You can loot cases, boxes several times and kill the same scavengers over and over. I wish it could be possible to make it remember too just like in Skyrim. I can suggest Fallout 4 if you didn't play it yet. We are in Europe now and my father is looking for a property for sale in Budapest Hungary and I keep playing the game all the time. I already have 250 hours on the game lol.
    Fallout 3 is and will likely always be my favorite. Just something about the game. Will forever go down as one of my favorites. Haven’t really enjoyed the sequels. I am however going to give the mobile game Fallout Shelter a chance, but I’m not expecting much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast