User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is it a terrible mistake?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I'm sure he'll do a better job than Clooney.

6 40.00%
  • Yes. It's stupid. It's like recasting Clooney.

6 40.00%
  • Batnipples FTW!

2 13.33%
  • The Shark In Jaws.

4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

So. Affleck is the next Batman.

Lettuce discuss this.

I'm okay with it, as some of you may have already read if you follow me on Twitter or Facebook. I'm okay with the choice, and am actually looking forward to it. I think he's seen enough years now, and grown enough as an actor that he'll be able to turn in the performance needed to pull of Bruce Wayne/Bats.

Your thoughts go below.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

My friend just told me this morning. I said well the batman v. Superman movie is probably already doomed.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

1st thought: Wtf bbq?
    2nd thought: Well hell, why not? Better than Matt Damon ...

Still I am not certain what to think of it. I enjoyed "Argo", but not because of his acting; instead I like the movie because Mr Affleck has done a decent job as a director or producer or both or shit ...
    So nipples, yes, I think nipples ... And maybe he could be a better choice than Mr Clooney.

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Aug 23rd, 2013 at 05:23 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    My friend just told me this morning. I said well the batman v. Superman movie is probably already doomed.
    I think it was doomed when from the moment they decided to use the Marvel format to catch a bounce in their direction. But I see what they're doing, and believe me I am excited to see Wonder Woman. Even though they'll never cast the only woman who could pull it off.

Still! If they try to capture the tone of the Miller Supes/Bats--and are successful--it'll be incredible to watch. We already know they're going for JLA, we know Flash is coming, and we know they're going original three. They have to, it'd be crazy not to because Marvel doesn't have an answer to Diana of Themyscira. The DC world has some good characters to pull from, just as good as Marvel (if not better) that Warner Bros can pull from because their big characters aren't tied up between studios the way Marvel is. So unless Disney starts spending . . .

Whatever happens we know that Warner Bros just successfully printed $1billion with the announcement of the movie. I'd bet my left nut that movie opens to $300,000,000 and goes on to pull down between 2.1 and 2.8 billion worldwide by the end of its theatrical run. Unless it's the worst pile of shit ever made. But it'll have to be fucking atrocious. It'd literally have to have a scene where Bruce and Clark suck each other off in a parked car.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    Eh....i assumed it would suck when they said they were making a batman/superman film...i hate superman..
    Likes Solanine, Osiris liked this post
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by REZombie View Post
    Eh....i assumed it would suck when they said they were making a batman/superman film...i hate superman..
    Me too, bro.
    Likes REZombie liked this post

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I've always enjoyed big characters being played by unknowns. Big stars to me always seem to carry baggage that makes me not appreciate roles like in this case, Batman. IDK, I was dissapointed to hear about it. Some of my own favourite and most memorable characters have been played, at the time by unknowns (at least to me) such as Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) or Aragorn (Viggo Mortensen). Ben Assflick is NOT one of my favourite actors, but hopefully he can pull it off and make Batman awesome. A lot rides on how the movie is produced/directed/marketed to not just make it about the actors but provide a great story as well.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredWell Liked

See when I saw this post I thought which Affleck? Casey or Ben? I can't say that I'd want either to be Batman. I'm trying to rack my brain for one Ben Affleck movie I liked because he was in it and was good in it. Nope not one and to be honest I've not seen all his films, mainly because he didn't really wow me in any that I'd seen. Just to let everyone know I'm a wow factor kind of girl.

I want to see Argo because I heard good things about the movie, but no one said to me "oh wow, hot shit, Ben Affleck really blew me away in that one!"

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    ... believe me I am excited to see Wonder Woman. Even though they'll never cast the only woman who could pull it off.
    Who were you thinking of?

Got any Reynolds Wrap?

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: Hoff4D
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    ...but I see what they're doing, and believe me I am excited to see Wonder Woman. Even though they'll never cast the only woman who could pull it off...
    Jenna McCombie?
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    Zombies!
    Are you with me so far?
    Jurassic-era Haze!
    Still with me?
    ZOMBIE PTERODACTYLS!.....Where'd everybody go?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast