User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Those are good ones too. Who might volunteer to try and add these things and re-submit?

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

PING- Anyone?

WA Convoy Comms Officer

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First Class10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiExtreme Love1 year registered

I've got downtime tomorrow and Sunday. I'll give it a try.

P.S. A few weeks ago, I tried updating a couple of the Season 1 archives on iMDB, though the feedback I got was that the updates were pending, so not sure if they went through or not, but I'm more than happy to keep going on there aswell if permitted.
    WA Finale Convoy Communications Officer

Catch me on the twitters @tonyhind86
    WA Finale Convoy twitter: @WA_Convoy
    WA Finale Convoy Google+ ID: 04452049929039180220
    WA Finale Convoy Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH96IN3Atmjukmy8XzQDQWQ

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    LOVED TO DEATHVeteran25000 Experience Points

An article on WP would definitely look good, so I really hope you have luck with it. It'd also be a bit easier to recomment the show to people then, I think, if you can throw a Wikipedia link after them. Hehe.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tonyhind86 View Post
    I've got downtime tomorrow and Sunday. I'll give it a try.

P.S. A few weeks ago, I tried updating a couple of the Season 1 archives on iMDB, though the feedback I got was that the updates were pending, so not sure if they went through or not, but I'm more than happy to keep going on there aswell if permitted.
    Sure! I mostly have kept the IMDB page updated for the most part, but I'm more than happy to have more info on there. And thanks for your help on the wiki! If we get it up, it would definitely be worth a forum award
    Likes turbo liked this post

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I cannot promise anything especially since I just started a literature course, but I play around with some paragraphs for the wikipedia page. I might move like a turtle, though.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

We can also put information paragraphs here to help out.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

BUmp... again...

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsLoved1 year registered

Gamertag: MickGinger
    Drop them here, or email me with the paragraphs and I can do it tonight during my regular WAFC recording time.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

here's some info that would be very beneficial and things for an encyclopedia entry.

Background: We're Alive started early in 2009 when creator, Kc Wayland, originally outlined the story for a pitch for television. At the time he saw there was a gap in programming that could be filled by a horror survival. He designed a show that would take advantage of the repeated set, the tower, and then branch out from there as the show would get more popular. After the initial story and character outlines were created, he then proceeded to talk with other film producers seeing if there would be a way to get the show on broadcast television.

After not being able to successfully pitch the idea, Kc then decided to produce the show as an audio drama. The concept for self-production was a "if you build it, they will come"; in regards to both listeners and producers. In late April of 2009, Kc met with Shane and pitched the idea, setting in motion the two producers who would then create the serialized audio format.

Kc and Shane went on to produce two seasons (1-2), and then Grayson Stone (a Zintern in season 1 and 2) and Kc continued to produce seasons 3 and 4.

The Format:
    Several aspects went into why the audio-only format. By limiting the visuals, the story would be able to explore limitless possibilities in settings and situations not fully explored by this sort of genre. Being a "horror", the power of sound and "what you can't see", could be utilized in a powerful way. Using no visuals also limited the vastness of the production. Actors could come in once every two months for a full day of recording, and that would cover 6 full episodes (2 Chapters). It was one of the only ways a story this long was able to be told.

The production process: A typical chapter is about 60 pages long, and is recorded by the actors in a recording stage in Orange County, CA. A typical day runs about 6 to 8 hours of raw recording. From there, a voice cutter then goes through the session and separates just the usable lines, and then passes it onto another editor who then lays in the initial sound effects and pacing. The last stage then goes back to Kc, who acts as the supervising sound editor and covers the last stage of production, often doing a large amount of foley and music selections.

Release dates and length.
    In a typical month We're Alive produces 3 episodes, or 1 chapter, taking one week off between chapters. 12 chapters make up one season, and there are 4 seasons with a total of 48 chapters. Each episode is approx 20 minutes meaning each chapter is about an hour long.

Initial reception:
    We're Alive had a very slow start after the first episode aired in May of 2009. It took over five months for the series to exceed more than 100 downloads a day. However, a long steady episodes increased the pace of climbing download numbers and reached 1 Million total downloads by August 16, 2010 followed by a boost of over 2 Million more in the 4 months after that. From there We're Alive continues to gather more listeners, reaching 20 Million in December of 2013.
    Likes Storm liked this post

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast