User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    "Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Loved the cold open to this episode. Got me right back in to the mood of things. And I feel that the quality of the show's production made a jump from last year - not that it was poor before, far from it.

I would have preferred if KC just had the whole episode be about an offensive strike. But I know that they've got to build towards that. I can appreciate that most of this episode was spent spelling out their current situation. Lost a lot of people, many are still wounded, supplies are low, the wall is barely standing, and people probably won't trust Michael.

I like the offensive tactic of hunting down the "little ones" and exterminating them. Take them down, and there's no chance of another Boulder or Irwin happening again.

Best quote: "Datu, fix!"

"Lurker"

Status

One thing that I thought about after a second listen through. After listening to the WND #55 there has been lots of speculation about what balance of power refers to. What if there is some kind of split amongst the zombies? Between some/all of the little ones and ink. What we heard in this episode was the main zombie attack force (lead by ink) left at the end of season 3, but a smaller group of zombies with a 2 little ones stayed and attacked again shortly after ink left.

This reminded me of back to season 1 after they had fixed the fire truck Ink had called all the zombies to leave, but some didn't listen and stuck around. What if as the little ones get smarter (they started talking!) they begin splintering off and begin leading their own group of zombies. Maybe the little ones will lose faith in Ink as he has now failed to take over the tower, gotten the arena blown up, and failed to take over the colony. Just a thought.

Now for the even crazier speculation, we already know that the special zombies will attack each other (Skittles said the big ones would even attack other zombies) so what if there is a civil war between the little ones and Ink and the survivors are able to kill whoever is left!
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    So, the (not so) Little One said "Die." That's a different sentiment than "Get in my belly!"

I kept saying last year that with Boulder they kept all their eggs in one basket. While it's true it turned into an IHOP for the zombies; I'm not sure now what having more baskets would have done.

I think organizing Boulder/other places around the probability of an outbreak would have been wise. I dunno, a series of small impenetrable safe-houses that could be exploded/fire bombed if the people inside were turned? Except, what if only one safe house survived and the people outside were all dead, how could they get out? Erm, at least an established procedure.

Does anyone else think Kimmet sounds like the Candy Maker on the Facebook game Candy Crush?
    Last edited by Eviebae; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
    Likes Cabbage Patch, Witch_Doctor liked this post

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    [

Best quote: "Datu, fix!"[/QUOTE]

Amen man haha

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviebae View Post
    I kept saying last year that with Boulder they kept all their eggs in one basket. While it's true it turned into an IHOP for the zombies; I'm not sure now what having more baskets would have done.
    Not entirely in one basket though. I finished a full listen through the weekend before the premier of Season 4 and this time, I was taking some notes.

From the COL Kimmet/SSG Cross debriefing in Ch. 29 2/3... there's a huge info dump in the first few minutes, but I'll highlight some of the finer points:

• Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:32 "There has been a great deal of time and energy establishing a decent range of communications." (Implies relay stations.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:42 "This map shows Irwin and all the current locations of out personnel." "They're scattered all over." (Rescue, Special Ops, Recon mentioned later.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 3:12 "...and how many out in the field?" "By last count, I think 182." (The "in the field" count may not include outposts.)
    • Ch. 33 2/3 @ 16:42 "We already lost one outpost to people messing around."
    • Ch. 33 3/3 @ 4:22 "The guys in Newbury didn't get this sort of treatment." (In reference to CPT Long's memorial. Michael responds "That's because we couldn't find most of them.)

I'd also like to point out that during the final minutes of Ft. Irwin in Ch. 36 @ 11:43, when Kimmet kicks Michael and Puck out of the C&C, he swipes a directory and a sat phone. (@ 11:59, "What'd ya swipe?" "One of the sat phones and the directory. All the line numbers.") It would seem that Michael has the means to communicate with anyone from Irwin that was left in the field on special operations. He needs to start making calls.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Sep 2nd, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Likes Eviebae, scbubba, MrRedBeard liked this post
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    Not entirely in one basket though. I finished a full listen through the weekend before the premier of Season 4 and this time, I was taking some notes.

From the COL Kimmet/SSG Cross debriefing in Ch. 29 2/3... there's a huge info dump in the first few minutes, but I'll highlight some of the finer points:

• Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:32 "There has been a great deal of time and energy establishing a decent range of communications." (Implies relay stations.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 1:42 "This map shows Irwin and all the current locations of out personnel." "They're scattered all over." (Rescue, Special Ops, Recon mentioned later.)
    • Ch. 29 2/3 @ 3:12 "...and how many out in the field?" "By last count, I think 182." (The "in the field" count may not include outposts.)
    • Ch. 33 2/3 @ 16:42 "We already lost one outpost to people messing around."
    • Ch. 33 3/3 @ 4:22 "The guys in Newbury didn't get this sort of treatment." (In reference to CPT Long's memorial. Michael responds "That's because we couldn't find most of them.)

I'd also like to point out that during the final minutes of Ft. Irwin in Ch. 36 @ 11:43, when Kimmet kicks Michael and Puck out of the C&C, he swipes a directory and a sat phone. (@ 11:59, "What'd ya swipe?" "One of the sat phones and the directory. All the line numbers.") It would seem that Michael has the means to communicate with anyone from Irwin that was left in the field on special operations. He needs to start making calls.
    Good catch! I missed the "and the directory" part before. Thinking about it now, I wonder if anything was in that directory other than the nuke hot line number they needed to delay the Mad Colonel? If it does have all the outpost info, it would be interesting to find out what is left from the original Fort Irwin setup....
    Last edited by scbubba; Sep 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Seriously good catch.

I would argue that all the things they are describing are
    A. in the same relative area
    B. part of Boulder/Fort Irwin's local.

Kimmet may have gone off the deep, but there used to be other cities/forts that didn't succeed. In that respect he was really successful.

So, could you argue that most of it is Michael's fault for trying to bring them all to the Fort? They obviously didn't have a plan for what to do if it happened and the way it happened a breakout caused massive damage to everything.

You know, it's amazing that more people aren't having major meltdowns and suicidal tendencies given the situation. I would hate to be chomped to death--it'd take way too long. Come to think of it, I've always said that one of the problems with the idea of zombies is our teeth--only the canines are made for piercing.

"Lurker"

Status

I finally meet with Ll Kerrington and SCBubba in the Old Farts Forum. He tells us that the Forum had been hacked but that we should wait for KC.
    SCBubba says, "I was right behind Witch Doctor on the Information Super Highway. Those weren't Hackers!"

showbox for pc download

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345