User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think a Kickstarter style thing would be the way to go. I'm sure I've seen previously established series go on there to fund new seasons!
    Likes Osiris liked this post
    I don't keep it loaded, son. You'll have to find ammo as you go.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

*cough* Veronica "Send More Money" Mars *cough*
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran

Gamertag: Bleulilydragon PSN ID: Lilydragon83
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    The problem with the paid membership is the logistics of it. For instance, if people had paid memberships they would want to be able to use their current podcast client to listen, when we wouldn't be able to do that because the RSS feed is publicly available. We could potentially offer it on the website only, and mobile clients could then stream it. There is that option.

Thoughts on that?

The recorded lines are an option as well. I prefer to not have to task out the actors for something like that, but if a few volunteer that might be ok.
    Unless its personalized couldn't you pull favorite quotes as sound bytes for ring tones? Maybe 3-4 per character... Or 5-6 per season... Just throwing out an idea so you don't have to ask the actors if they'd volenteer to make a few. I completely understand if it isn't workable.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

how about doing several small things.
    - The Kickstarter and/or Indiegogo - thing with perks including small packages like ring-tones based on cool quotes from the show (you better start running) or shirts with quotes or even autographs on them?
    - a variety of ringtone-packages made available, but not the same like the ones on the Kickstarter (!)
    - an auction for the chapter 48-event-tickets

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I'd just like to be able to buy one of the zombie coming out of the ground or the tower rules t-shirts that sold out a long time ago. The black and white one looks to tuxedo-ish. Someone also mentioned before, about a year ago maybe, the idea of letting people pay for an early release of the podcast. That's the best I got for now.
    Likes Hanniekuma, LiamKerrington liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Perhaps you could take a page from Osiris, and have a few of the characters tell their background story, and have them be for purchase only.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    Perhaps you could take a page from Osiris, and have a few of the characters tell their background story, and have them be for purchase only.
    Bonus for pay side material would be great but i think a lot of issues come up with production, timing, availability, and money that would make it difficult to make. Then i think it would hold up production of the 4th season. But i'd love and have no problem with putting money to side story material. I think it's a fantastic idea that would be such a great addition for a huge fan if its doable.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Aug 4th, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
    Likes LiamKerrington, Witch_Doctor liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    Bonus for pay side material would be great but i think a lot of issues come up with production, timing, availability, and money that would make it difficult to make. Then i think it would hold up production of the 4th season. But i'd love and have no problem with putting money to side story material. I think it's a fantastic idea that would be such a great addition for a huge fan if its doable.
    I'm gonna say that this sounds like a pretty good idea. Maybe a one-off. Sell it for a buck or two. Hope that 20k fans buy it. Maybe at the end of each episode, play a fund raising commercial or fan reviews teasing about what listeners are missing.
    Likes Hanniekuma liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    I agree. Everyone listen to me. Listen to me now. . .

joint-point-counter-joint

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I like the idea of an auction for physical things. Autographed scripts, session photos, serialized lithographs... that sort of thing.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast