User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Exclamation Fundraising Poll-

SO, we're looking at some various possibilities to raise some funds for season 4. My question to you is, what sorts of things would YOU as fans want?

We might do auction-style like we did before, or we might even do a kickstarter or indie-go-go sort of thing. Any and all ideas are welcome, but the more reasonable the better.

Where does the money go? To pay the actors, editors, recording studio fees, music licenses and recordings... that's pretty much it. We'll have more items in the store soon and everyone's donations help, but production costs have increased more with every season to the degree that this might be a requirement to keep offering the show for free. In the past I have been against any crowd funding, but this season that's looking to possibly change.

TL;DR: Show's expensive to make, we wanna keep it free, so we're looking at options to raise a few extra $'s to keep us from going deep into the red. If we did a fundraiser, WHAT sort of things would you want?

We'll sort through what's feasible and start making some decisions.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    I would think items autographed by the cast would be good auction items, maybe auction past scripts more too. Seems the auction for a character on the show brought in some big bucks.

As for a kick-starter, that might be tough since you really are started already, but I definitely would think listeners would jump on that.

Maybe some rotating banners on the site, advertise to the listeners. Only make the ads purchased by the members on the forum?

Have some more unique items in the store. Add some vehicle vinyls, or zombie kits that have items used on the show.

Just a few thoughts for you!
    Likes Unit liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

A kickstarter might actually work. Lots of films get to that final phase where they do kickstarters to finish the flick. I know lots of docs that pop up with "Hey, we need your help to get prints done so we can get this fucker in theatres" or "Hey, we need money to finish editing! Help us out and in exchange we'll send a hooker to your house after the release date"

The fine print is that it's one hooker visiting EVERY person that donates. Ugh.

Try kickstarting the fuck out of it.

P.S. I have no money to send you.

Front Street
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Scavenger"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Musical episode!! Intact Scratch and Burt doing there own take on the following would work quiet well.
    Last edited by Monster mani; Aug 2nd, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
    A Sig what now?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    If it is allowed to pose this question, what sum of money will it approximately need to end season 4 no so deep red fiscally?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I like the idea of the auctioned role again.

If possible signed 11x17 artwork signed by the cast/crew

The logistics of this might be hard, but what if you auctioned off airfare (I'd imagine continental us/Canada may be the limit) for the chapter 48 event next year. Obviously you'd have to start that bid up high but I'm sure there's a dedicated fan who would buy that. Perhaps some other swag from the event itself.
    Likes Unit, Hellbringer liked this post
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    If it is allowed to pose this question, what sum of money will it approximately need to end season 4 no so deep red fiscally?
    About 15k.

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    I like the idea of the auctioned role again.

If possible signed 11x17 artwork signed by the cast/crew

The logistics of this might be hard, but what if you auctioned off airfare (I'd imagine continental us/Canada may be the limit) for the chapter 48 event next year. Obviously you'd have to start that bid up high but I'm sure there's a dedicated fan who would buy that. Perhaps some other swag from the event itself.
    That's not a bad idea. The problem is with airfair costs we might not profit that much...

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    About 15k.
    Wow, that is a significant amount of money.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    That's not a bad idea. The problem is with airfair costs we might not profit that much...
    That's why I wasn't sure how well it would work. It would be cool though. I'm working out the logistics of getting out there myself already.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

How about a premium membership to Were Alive. As a paying member you could listen to the podcast a few days earlier. Have access to a separate stream for live events that won't crash.

I would also pay for customized audio clips I could use for ring tones, answering machine messages and online gaming.
    Scratch voice: Duffusmonkey has a surprise for you.
    Burt voice: This asswhipping has been brought to you by Duffusmonkey
    Announcer Voice: Duffusmonkey would go through the appocolypse for you will you marry him
    Announce Voice: Duffusmonkey is fighting for his life please leave a message
    KC Voice: Duffusmonkey hated that movie more than I did
    Likes Storm, Hanniekuma, LiamKerrington liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast