User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    It looks like there are 6 puppets in the poster, not sure if that was just artistic design or a hidden symbology.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

I count 3 on the right and 4 on the left. One of the ones on the left is only a head and arm/torso.
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The 7th puppet looks kind of weird - just a limb connected with the head, or stuff (the one farthest to the let ...) Not sure whether to treat it as a single puppet or not ... But why not.

Here some symbolism:
    a) Regulars/ Biters, Runners, Jumpers, Smart Ones, Behemoths, Little Ones, Randy ...
    b) 7 remaining Little Ones ... *dundunDUN*

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Perhaps its a foreshadowing that 7 of the main characters will die.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

The more I look at the artwork, the more I'm drawn to the xray of the arms. I see the regular looking arm bones. Makes me wonder if TOWTMs is an actual Zed or not. He's "more than human" for sure (jumping ability, running speed, ability to take punishment...).

I wonder if we don't have some sort of "Super Soldier" thing going on here. The original formula worked once but the creator was killed before it could be completely reproduced. Now, in an attempt to replicate it, the <insert organization nobody likes> has unleashed a form that creates more powerful humans - but at a cost!

Unforeseen problems include the infection aspect, loss of control of creations, evil genius alterations of formula for more nefarious purposes....

Please ignore the ramblings of the crazy old coot in the corner....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    The 7th puppet looks kind of weird - just a limb connected with the head, or stuff (the one farthest to the let ...) Not sure whether to treat it as a single puppet or not ... But why not.

Here some symbolism:
    a) Regulars/ Biters, Runners, Jumpers, Smart Ones, Behemoths, Little Ones, Randy ...
    b) 7 remaining Little Ones ... *dundunDUN*

Best wishes!
    Liam

Yeah, the crumpled one originally made me think of #5 but that idea didn't work very well. Also, very clever of you to notice #A on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by Malador View Post
    Perhaps its a foreshadowing that 7 of the main characters will die.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    The more I look at the artwork, the more I'm drawn to the xray of the arms. I see the regular looking arm bones. Makes me wonder if TOWTMs is an actual Zed or not. He's "more than human" for sure (jumping ability, running speed, ability to take punishment...).

KC seemed to have left plenty of clues that this both could and couldn't be the case.
    He talks.
    He can reason.
    Showed restraint in a couple of instances.
    "Help us." - a sincere plea for help or was he just mimicking the screams of the others on the 3rd floor? (I'm gonna go with mimicking because he claims to be Paul after Saul mentions Paul's name. UNLESS, he was telling the soldiers that it was Paul laying on the floor. Screw it. I give up.)

Reps all around!
    Likes YetAnotherBloodyCheek liked this post
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Ok, here is my crackpot theory concering the X:

Let's start, TOWTM tends to have a rather mobile lifestyle. Therefor, he has got a Macbook Air - which was introduced on January 15 2008 - just a couple of months prior to the events of z-day.

Well, it runs

Mac OS X. Striking symbolism, guys, hmm?!

Its hybrid kernel is partly based on BSD UNIX code. One of the main developers of BSD UNIX was Billy Joy who wrote Why the Future Doesn't Need Us, in which he cites a scenario by Frank Herbert in order to address the "a potential nightmare scenario, in which a mad scientist creates a virus capable of wiping out humanity."

Joy knew that nobody would believe him unless he would provide a prove of concept. He therefor deliberately caused z-day, shaved his head, got tattooed over his whole body, got a nice suit and started the extinction of humankind. However, due to his excessive comsumption of LSD during the wild 1970s, his intelligence unintendedly deteriorated whilst eating a crack head's brain. So he is therefor only capable of uttering a few words... poor guy.
    Likes kent17, LiamKerrington, scbubba liked this post

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    Ok, here is my crackpot theory concering the X:

Let's start, TOWTM tends to have a rather mobile lifestyle. Therefor, he has got a Macbook Air - which was introduced on January 15 2008 - just a couple of months prior to the events of z-day.

Well, it runs

Mac OS X. Striking symbolism, guys, hmm?!

Its hybrid kernel is partly based on BSD UNIX code. One of the main developers of BSD UNIX was Billy Joy who wrote Why the Future Doesn't Need Us, in which he cites a scenario by Frank Herbert in order to address the "a potential nightmare scenario, in which a mad scientist creates a virus capable of wiping out humanity."

Joy knew that nobody would believe him unless he would provide a prove of concept. He therefor deliberately caused z-day, shaved his head, got tattooed over his whole body, got a nice suit and started the extinction of humankind. However, due to his excessive comsumption of LSD during the wild 1970s, his intelligence unintendedly deteriorated whilst eating a crack head's brain. So he is therefor only capable of uttering a few words... poor guy.

Well, I see one small tiny hole in your theory, and that is......... Sssssccccccrrrrrreeeeeaaaaccccchhhhh!!!!!!!! Whoa! Ha ha! You got me. Good one.
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Ah, but remember Burt shot him in the hand when he was running from the Tower.
    Wow, I missed this artwork. Good stuff. I do not know if KC did this on purpose as a tribute to those that served, but on my copy, Burt shoots on

The 11th chapter
    The 11th minute
    The 11th second

Eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. World War One ended. We now know it is Veteran's Day
    Last edited by Grognaurd; Jan 1st, 2014 at 05:53 PM.
    Likes Footbutt liked this post

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATH

as i stumbled upon this thread via another thread...

...i got to thinkin': somebody mentioned the 'stigmata' hand and i thought about how there were 12 (known) Inklings (TOWTM's makings)...

so is TOWTM an (anti)christ-type character? he has his 12 followers (disciples) and the whole "overcome death" thing going on. plus the stigmata-looking wound and even the "Son of Man has no place to lay His head" vibe now going on.

Is Randy going to... betray him?

when will the "Last Supper" happen?

see how i can go on and on about this? haha
    Likes MickGinger liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234