User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Space 2

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    I am unfortunately working off a crappy 5 year old mac so no PC games for me. So I stick to my 360. I am also exited about dead space 2. I played the demo and it scared me pretty good. I have also played killing floor and really enjoy the sound track.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I really need to play this Killing floor, all you guys are talking about it XD

"Gatherer"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by StepLaugh View Post
    I love me some left for dead! You only play it on PC right?
    Yeah, strictly PC

I have an Xbox 360 but sadly I only use it for Netflix. My girl occasionally plays Tomb Raider on it though.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I really need to play this Killing floor, all you guys are talking about it XD
    I also own Killing Floor and it's fun in it's own right. It's nothing like Left 4 Dead though, it's much more of a "here's 400 zombies coming towards you, you and your friends have to stop them to earn money to buy better weapons for the next wave". No story or anything like Left 4 Dead, just pure zombie killing and much more realistic as far as weapons and such.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    I've always been a console gamer, cause when I was growing up I never had a computer good enough to play my games.

So I picked up a dreamcast, and I could play any game I wanted on it, (dreamcast games only of course)

So I guess it just grew on me, I only play PC games if I can attach my 360 controller to it. And plus my 360 is a multimedia player to me, but it will never take place of my laptop for the important stuff.
    I'm the same way. I can't come up w/ a reason to keep updating a computers hardware and shelling out dollars after dollars to stay current. $50 Game + $250.oo video card = i got me a PS3.

ConsoleControllers 4 Life! [tho i admit, they suck for FPS games]
    Last edited by Hollomandious; Jan 24th, 2011 at 10:48 PM. Reason: because i like it to say i edited it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well honestly, if you know what you're doing you can build a nice PC that will last you a good while only having to maybe update small things from time to time. Having a mouse just can't compare to a controller when it comes to accuracy and precision in blowing zombies heads off.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    I'm the same way. I can't come up w/ a reason to keep updating a computers hardware and shelling out dollars after dollars to stay current. $50 Game + $250.oo video card = i got me a PS3.
    I hear many console gamers say that, but I can't get myself to agree with this.

After all, if you buy a PS3 you *also* need a PC, albeit a basic one.
    €300 PS3, €400 basic computer. Add to that the €500 (at least) HDTV you'll need to fully utilize the PS3. Let's favour the PS3 and say we hookup the PC to the tv as well, so that it doesn't need a €100 monitor to go with it
    This totals on €800, with another €500 for the TV or €100 for a regular monitor (to which you can connect both the ps3 and pc aswell).
    For €800-€1000 I can buy a mighty, game-crushing PC (including monitor and everything) which will literally play everything you throw at it maxed out, and will last 3 years at the very least without upgrading.

So basically, I wouldn't buy a console+TV if I have a good PC (which I luckily do), but I *do* have to buy a basic PC+monitor if I decide to get a console.

In the end it remains your own choice, and if you prefer a console then be my guest. However, I can't agree that it's supposed to be cheaper.
    Last edited by cPT.cAPSLOCK; Jan 25th, 2011 at 02:31 AM. Reason: broke the quote-tag ^^"

"Scavenger"

Status
    i probably dished out 500 bucks upgrading my PC this year but ive had the darn thing for 5 years before i even upgraded it and before then i could still run Call of duty 4, Left 4 dead, team fortress 2 and some other games on ok settings. nowi can run things on high/ med settings with no lag.

and it will be a good 5 years again before i upgrade unless i have too

Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    I didn't play the first Dead Space game, but Dead Space 2 rocks. I played some Amnesia but that freaks me out too much. I recently picked up Dead Rising 2 for the Xbox 360 and it is awesome. Killing zombies in hilarious ways is pure fun.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrusgus View Post
    I didn't play the first Dead Space game, but Dead Space 2 rocks. I played some Amnesia but that freaks me out too much. I recently picked up Dead Rising 2 for the Xbox 360 and it is awesome. Killing zombies in hilarious ways is pure fun.
    I finished playing the first DS a week before the 2nd one came out for the 3rd time. I'm currently on chapter 8 in DS2. And I'm loving every min of it. It's soooo much scarier than the first one.

There are so many guns to choose from.

The only downside to this one, is that I feel that this one's story is a little bit tougher to follow. I loved that in the last one you knew when every chapter was over cause you had to use the tram, but this one leads right into the next.

I still love it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast