Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dead Space 2

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsVeteran5000 Experience Points

PSN ID: Hollomandious
    Quote Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
    I hear many console gamers say that, but I can't get myself to agree with this.

After all, if you buy a PS3 you *also* need a PC, albeit a basic one.
    €300 PS3, €400 basic computer. Add to that the €500 (at least) HDTV you'll need to fully utilize the PS3. Let's favour the PS3 and say we hookup the PC to the tv as well, so that it doesn't need a €100 monitor to go with it
    This totals on €800, with another €500 for the TV or €100 for a regular monitor (to which you can connect both the ps3 and pc aswell).
    For €800-€1000 I can buy a mighty, game-crushing PC (including monitor and everything) which will literally play everything you throw at it maxed out, and will last 3 years at the very least without upgrading.

So basically, I wouldn't buy a console+TV if I have a good PC (which I luckily do), but I *do* have to buy a basic PC+monitor if I decide to get a console.

In the end it remains your own choice, and if you prefer a console then be my guest. However, I can't agree that it's supposed to be cheaper.
    I agree with you.

But, i don't think you're looking at the life span of the console. I paid for my PS3 once. Each year, the games get better, but the hardware still works the same. In the PC realm, the games get better, and the need for better hardware keeps coming up.

Are there ever big name titles that hit the PC, but never come over to the console side? I know there is going the other way.

But again, i agree with ya. It really is just what you want to do.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: hardrocknguy PSN ID: hardrocknguy Steam ID: hardrocknguy Raptr ID: hardrocknguy
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    i probably dished out 500 bucks upgrading my PC this year but ive had the darn thing for 5 years before i even upgraded it and before then i could still run Call of duty 4, Left 4 dead, team fortress 2 and some other games on ok settings. nowi can run things on high/ med settings with no lag.

and it will be a good 5 years again before i upgrade unless i have too
    I really love my gaming PC. As a zombie lover with only a PS3, I never had the chance to play the Left 4 Dead games along with Killing Floor, Red Nation, Zombie Driver and such. Luckly my friend helped me find a nice gaming laptop early last year. I installed Steam and have been playing all those games and more.

I also picked up Dead Space 2 yesterday and have been loving it. It's extremely creepy and I probably jumped about 4 times when I played it. I love the sections where it's almost pitch black, it seems like your alone, but you know your not really alone. Awesome game and can't wait to keep playing it.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollomandious View Post
    I agree with you.

But, i don't think you're looking at the life span of the console. I paid for my PS3 once. Each year, the games get better, but the hardware still works the same. In the PC realm, the games get better, and the need for better hardware keeps coming up.

Are there ever big name titles that hit the PC, but never come over to the console side? I know there is going the other way.

But again, i agree with ya. It really is just what you want to do.
    Well, as I said, you can run everything maxed for the first year or two, and at least at high settings after that. In my experience they tend to outlive the console (4-5 years).
    Besides, many PC games support mods. Look at what they've done to Oblivion: that game is incredible on the PC because of all the extra content and changes in game mechanics. Look at call of duty: many new maps, balances, and other effects and the like. And so on.

Also, the PC graphics are significantly better than the PS3. The XBox 360 doesn't even come close.
    So overall, you get a lot more value for money.

I can't do anything but admit you're right about console exclusives though. For the Wii there are good emulators (and you can even link the wiimote trough bluetooth if you'd want to), but that doesn't go for the PS3 or X360.
    That'd be the only reason one might want a console, but experience learns some of these games arrive on the PC a few months later (for example, Fable 3 was X360 exclusive, but is coming to PC soon). Luckily, there are plenty of others to make up for it.

Still, personal preference conquers all, so there are still people who prefer consoles. Up to them, as long as I can have my PC (and as long as there are enough other PC players so that the market doesn't die ^^)

Presidential Feline

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    VeteranBlogger10000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurTagger First Class
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: ObamaCat PSN ID: ObamaCat Steam ID: ObamaCat
    Quote Originally Posted by StepLaugh View Post
    I finished playing the first DS a week before the 2nd one came out for the 3rd time. I'm currently on chapter 8 in DS2. And I'm loving every min of it. It's soooo much scarier than the first one.

There are so many guns to choose from.

The only downside to this one, is that I feel that this one's story is a little bit tougher to follow. I loved that in the last one you knew when every chapter was over cause you had to use the tram, but this one leads right into the next.

I still love it.
    I'm on chapter 7 in DS 2 right now, and I'll second that it's much scarier. I find when I'm playing it I'll occasionally get the heebie jeebies and have to glance around my basement, but at the same time the game has this alluring, addictive element that keeps drawing me back to it. And as for the story, I find it a lot more engaging than DS 1, particularly because of Isaac. Visceral did a really good job fleshing him out this time around, and I find that the addition of a voice really adds to his character. The supporting characters all have great personalities as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123