User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points

Kalani v Samantha

Why didn't the zeds take Kalani? Why Samantha?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Hard to say. I would assume she was a plot device, nothing more. Really it's just a way to make Datu a little tragic, and sympathetic. From what I can tell she's otherwise useless as far as telling the story. Nik might be able to shed some more light on this topic though.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience PointsWell Liked
    I think Samantha partially was a plot device, like Osiris said, to both make us feel more sympathetic towards Datu, and to fill in the hole that was Hope's mother.

I do think though that out of the two victims, Samantha was the "logical" choice between the two. I haven't listened to that episode in quite some time, so bear with me. From what I remember, Samantha and Kalani, and the previous human inhabitants, were held captive for the zombies' recreational entertainment, if you will. They (the zeds) selected a human prisoner, pitted them against a Behemoth, and watched the human pitifully and pointlessly fight for their life. Think of it as a modern day gladiatorial contest, except the gladiators are a giant, very lethal zombie and unarmed, very fragile human. And the zombies enjoyed watching us pitiful humans fight their King Kong Behemoth.

When the zombie came to collect the next victim, Kalani was collapsed on the ground, not moving. Datu and Samantha, however, were very much alive and...active. It's very logical when you think about it in terms of the zombies' entertainment. Why would they choose a human playing dead when they had a human who was able to give a good fight?

That's my best theory.
    Likes Creepykinai, HardKor, LiamKerrington liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWell Liked5000 Experience Points
    Oh okay I thought it might have to do with breeding experiments and the little ones.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Oh okay I thought it might have to do with breeding experiments and the little ones.
    Could be. Who else but Kc and his minions would know?
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: kinaisan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceincaled View Post
    I think Samantha partially was a plot device, like Osiris said, to both make us feel more sympathetic towards Datu, and to fill in the hole that was Hope's mother.

I do think though that out of the two victims, Samantha was the "logical" choice between the two. I haven't listened to that episode in quite some time, so bear with me. From what I remember, Samantha and Kalani, and the previous human inhabitants, were held captive for the zombies' recreational entertainment, if you will. They (the zeds) selected a human prisoner, pitted them against a Behemoth, and watched the human pitifully and pointlessly fight for their life. Think of it as a modern day gladiatorial contest, except the gladiators are a giant, very lethal zombie and unarmed, very fragile human. And the zombies enjoyed watching us pitiful humans fight their King Kong Behemoth.

When the zombie came to collect the next victim, Kalani was collapsed on the ground, not moving. Datu and Samantha, however, were very much alive and...active. It's very logical when you think about it in terms of the zombies' entertainment. Why would they choose a human playing dead when they had a human who was able to give a good fight?

That's my best theory.
    See that's what I was wondering, cause I thought it might have been Ink, Pinstripe, because she says "No, not you!" It sounded very specific, like someone you knew/know. PLus there was no guttural roar that I have always heard thus far.
    Last edited by Creepykinai; Oct 2nd, 2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Additional thought, no sense in making extra post

"Lurker"

Status

PSN ID: kinaisan
    Also with the "One in the center has, 'Weird skin' on him"