User Tag List

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Zombie In the Flesh Airs June 6-8, 2013

I wanted to remind everyone that the TV miniseries "In the Flesh" is airing June 6, 7 & 8 on BBC America. It's a post zombie-apocalypse story in which the outbreak has been controlled and the infected have been cured.

Here's a video of the first 3 minutes of the premiere episode:
    Likes Osiris liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

It was okay. I watched it earlier in the year. It's no Dead Set, but it'll do in a pinch.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    It was okay. I watched it earlier in the year. It's no Dead Set, but it'll do in a pinch.
    I guess it's a Canadian thing, getting non-US TV programming before we do in the States. We only start getting season 2 of Continuum this Friday, but it's already all been aired in Canada. No spoilers please.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I watched it online. :/

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    I tried that. I got a message saying "Not available to residents of the United States"!

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    I tried that. I got a message saying "Not available to residents of the United States"!
    Ain't location based internet services great?

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Okay, watched the show and I have to agree that with Osiris. "In the Flesh" was entertaining, but it wasn't really ground-breaking.

I liked the premise, and the effort to explore the feelings of the various parties, including the former zombies. I liked the special effects, and, for the most part, it seemed well written and acted. I thought the story was clever, and I liked the way they doled out the key revelations over the course of the 3 episodes. There were also some tantalizing story threads, that were never fully addressed, on the theological and the political aspects of post-zombiehood. Hopefully those will be fleshed out in the five episode Second Season that will supposedly be released next year.

I have three quibbles. First, in many ways this was a story about intolerance against gays, and the breakdown of communication within families, set against a zombie backdrop. That's fine, but at times it wandered dangerously close to soap opera territory. Second, the characters were pretty one-dimensional and stock, with no gray areas or story arcs. Third, how did a small village in Lancashire get so many guns? I could understand a few double-barrelled shotguns, and maybe the WW2 era relics we saw. But AR-15s, AKs, pump shotguns, and a stainless steel long-barrelled Colt Python? That seemed improbable.

Despite my quibbles I think "In the Flesh" was worth watching, and I'll be sure to catch the next season when it comes out.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

It's totally worth it for Harriet Cains' performance. She was pretty awesome in it.