User Tag List

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan

State of Decay on XBL

Hi folks,

anyone pick up this game yet on XBL Arcade? I just played about an hours worth of the Demo and it looks and feels like a winner... I can't compare much with Dead Island yet as I haven't picked this one up yet.. (on the "to play" list) only Zombie game i've played is the original Dead Rising.

makes me wonder if KC & Co ever would consider licencing a development studio to create an offshoot action adventure game for We're Alive, but following a different set of survivors? thoughts?

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    I think something like that would be similar to the Walking Dead game from Telltale Games. It took place in the same universe as the comic books/tv show, but it didn't have the main characters from them. It would definitely be interesting to see a different side of the We're Alive world through a different medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Will View Post
    Hi folks,

anyone pick up this game yet on XBL Arcade? I just played about an hours worth of the Demo and it looks and feels like a winner... I can't compare much with Dead Island yet as I haven't picked this one up yet.. (on the "to play" list) only Zombie game i've played is the original Dead Rising.

makes me wonder if KC & Co ever would consider licencing a development studio to create an offshoot action adventure game for We're Alive, but following a different set of survivors? thoughts?
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    I actually bought it today, after reading all the good and bad about it. It is just want I have always wanted in a zombie game. GTA, open world stlye. I would love a WA universe game like this. Only played a little bit so far, but pretty cool. You get to make buildings into safe houses, and make littler safe houses as well. Just like CJ!. Really fun. Never let skeptical reviews sway you. Gaming enjoyment is subjective.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Archlycan
    i never rely on reviews either for opinions on games, im an avid completionist so always take loads of time... i eventually only finished the story on kyrim recently and am still mopping up the thieves guild. Lol

as soon as the wages come in i'll definitely be picking up the full version of this for myself. the more i look at the gameplay and fart around with the demo the more i love it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    What I love about it, and found out yesterday while playing, is that when a character dies that is it for that character. They do not come back. You can go to where you died, and pick up the items that that character left behind. The zeds also remind me a lot of WA zeds. It is such a cool game. I love it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    UPDATE: Still a really fun game. The zombie killing can get repetitive, but isn't that what the zombie apacolypse would be like? It is fun and kind of intense to try to reach destinations by foot without getting seen. There are hordes, that the max number of zeds is 10, but it seems to me that more than 10 can show up on screen. If you are alone and get caught, you are screwed. I love hiding in buildings from hordes, or getting cornered in the upstairs of a house. And you cannot live in one place for too long or the Zeds start to sense more movement that normal in the area. I had to kick a character out of the group because he was starting to get sick. Of course this was the guy that shot the pastor when he was sick. Overall still fun. And I hear they are releasing a survival mode, which is no story, just you and your group. Surviving and moving.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Just thought of this while listening to WA the other day. State of Decay is kind of a rural version on WA. That is all.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    Because of this thread I watched for over a hour videos of this game on youtube, hope it comes out on pc soon!
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"