User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    "Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsWell LikedVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    Radon Labs: Im thinking more along the lines of it being the source of mutation in the zeds (leapers/behemoths/little ones). Either in an accidental leak of something (cracks), or a base of operations for whoever is actually behind all this (assuming there IS a someone, which considering the global scale like you stated, seems unlikely). Im leaning more towards option one because these special types only seem to be in LA. Both the colony AND Boulder only ever saw ordinary, run-of-the-mill biters. And something one of the army guys said: "They're like the soldier version of biters" (talking about the Little Ones). It really makes me wonder who/what is responsible for them.

Heavy Metals: The presence of heavy metals has been shown to slow or even retard cetain infections (primarily looking at silver and it's various compunds), so I would say it's easily up for debate. As far as convenience of genetic immunity, that's completely dependent on whether the antibiotics had no actual affect. And as far as convenience goes...there have been ALOT of convenient circumstances throughtout this story. Also, to me it doesn't feel like a cop-out. More like an eventual outcome.

Celiac Disease: I can't be sure whether it would have an affect or not, so I can't rule it out. The problem is we dont know much surrounding Tommy's situation. We dont know if he was receiving special food or just eating different quantities of what was available. As far as I could tell, they had mostly frozen/canned foods like veggies, as well as processed stuff like cheetos, which he couldnt eat. What about body builders who have a similar high-protein diet? What about vegans? There are just too many unknowns here at this point, but why even have a character with this disease if it wasnt related?
    Paragraph 1: Radon Labs: Yes i actually think you maybe on to something there, i think Kalani said something like "you we didn't have these other types like you do here out in hawaii" or something, i digress though. the mutations for the different types COULD be explained by Radon Labs, now i know that's specifically what you mean i have to agree a little bit

Paragraph 2: yeah, a EVENTUAL overall genetic immunity for the species will eventually happen, I'm not saying it won't, i assume that's what you meant, i can see it happening, but it would just wouldn't feel right to me is Saul's DNA was the savior of humanity or something daft like that. that's just me. KC has written everything in a very specific way we will probably only know in the very ends of the last chapter.

Paragraph 3: well Kelly told Pegs when they first arrived at the tower that he mainly eats a lot of greens, Pegs did re-iterate this to Micheal but then again meat doesn't have gluten so meat and two veg would be a common meal i would imagine for good old Tommy so just different quantities of what was available. I'm not saying it gives him immunity, just a resistance. then again to find out more I'd have to analyze the times of injury's vs turnings to really make an analysis of that.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    It is a nice working thesis, but - as far as I know, Tanya conducted various complete blood count examinations. It appears to be a standard procedure and I guess she should have found anomalies provided that metals are involved in any case. She should have been able to detect variations in the milligram range. However, Tanya could have simply lied to everyone but I would regard this as highly unlikely.

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    P 2: This is essentially what i've been saying all along.

P 3: I understand your ideas on iron levels in his body & resistance to zedism. What im saying is that there really isnt enough information to come up with anything but pure conjecture. When you figure in rationing, availability of types of food, any special stores he may have been given (all pieces of information we are either missing, or woefully uninfromed on), the only significant difference in diet (that we can be reasonably sure of) between tommy and everyone else is what he WASN'T eating: carbohydrates, mostly. So, yes, iron intake may very well play a part but given the same information one could also conclude that carbohydrates may speed up the process. My point is that it's really tough to even theorize about this without more info. So i guess my advice would be to look at the different quirks/habits of those characters who DO turn, and see if we can find a common thread to tie it to your theory.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhysicsLB View Post
    P 2: This is essentially what i've been saying all along.

P 3: I understand your ideas on iron levels in his body & resistance to zedism. What im saying is that there really isnt enough information to come up with anything but pure conjecture. When you figure in rationing, availability of types of food, any special stores he may have been given (all pieces of information we are either missing, or woefully uninfromed on), the only significant difference in diet (that we can be reasonably sure of) between tommy and everyone else is what he WASN'T eating: carbohydrates, mostly. So, yes, iron intake may very well play a part but given the same information one could also conclude that carbohydrates may speed up the process. My point is that it's really tough to even theorize about this without more info. So i guess my advice would be to look at the different quirks/habits of those characters who DO turn, and see if we can find a common thread to tie it to your theory.
    incidentally its worth mentioning i am a large guy and I'm in the process of loosing weight..... in a nut shell Carbohydrates = Body fat i don't have the book to hand i actually lent it out to my trainer, but in the book they controlled caloric intakes for 3 different groups and ones with carbohydrates gained body fat, when i get the book back i can quote it properly. figured that was worth mentioning, although maybe researching into wheat and wheat based products we can find a potential source for where the infection has come from, I'll put that on my "TO DO LIST"

CURRENTLY ON MY TO DO LIST:
    Compare times of changes throughout the series
    Listen to Tanya's analysis
    and finally analyze quirks of turners to see if my theory holds water.

what would equate to a quirk when someone turns?

"Fresh Meat"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Some examples:
    Are they a smoker or non-smoker?
    Did they ever eat anything special?
    Were they exposed to chemicals/vapors/anything out of the ordinary?
    How were they turned? Bite? Scratch? Guts Splattering?

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Randomly i have a question, Given the Mallers have probably more first hand experience with these creatures, do you think that Scratch being one of the longest established members of the mallers will have a testimony at some point, her own log or something which will hold that one vital piece of information which will put it all in place?

just personal opinons at this point, i personally think it would be pretty hard core if that happened.
    Likes Witch_Doctor liked this post

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

DAMMIT! I knew I was forgetting something.

Reading this thread tomorrow. I swear.
    Likes PhysicsLB, Drogon Malice liked this post
    joint-point-counter-joint

Mofo with the Mojo

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranPro Level Wiki Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Drogon Malice View Post
    Randomly i have a question, Given the Mallers have probably more first hand experience with these creatures, do you think that Scratch being one of the longest established members of the mallers will have a testimony at some point, her own log or something which will hold that one vital piece of information which will put it all in place?

just personal opinons at this point, i personally think it would be pretty hard core if that happened.
    Yep. She seams to have been around for far too long to just be a nuisance.
    Likes PhysicsLB, Drogon Malice liked this post
    Call Sign: Jive Turkey
    Ladies and Gentlemen, straight from Mysterical Island, it's the Shaman of Schiznick, the Mofo with the Mojo, the Mad Scientist of the Jungle, the Doctor is in!
    Doctor? Doctor who?
    NO! Witch Doctor, fool!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch_Doctor View Post
    Yep. She seams to have been around for far too long to just be a nuisance.
    that's what I've been thinking

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredWell Liked
    I'm not sure if this is going to help, but When Tanya first arrives at the tower they talk about the person that wAs infected, but took a very long time to change. She also mentions that they used the heaviest doses of antibiotics on him and that if saul was infected he would have turned by now.. i'm not sure if she mentioned anything else about the the person that took a very long time to turn, like always I listened to it while getting to sleep.. I wil listen to the episode again to find out, if I don't fall asleep again
    http://www.apocalypsezone.com
    The moment I became a fan of Angel: "Oh look, Datu is crying again"

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast