User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

I just got back in to watching Firefly. Mal just got married.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

Frickin! d^%nb Sh@!*He!d TV Execut$@!S~! WTF I just finished the last TV episode of Firefly, just when it gets REALLY good it ends~!!!!!!!! I kept looking for another disk, Cork Suxcking ICeholes! If the person that canceled the show would have been in the room with me I would have beat him worse that my father-in-law. I am afraid to watch the movie because there is no way a 2 hour movie could bring closure to this TV show without screwing it all up.

The bounty hunter was cool, he could have been in several more episodes before he got old.
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; May 12th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Frickin! d^%nb Sh@!*He!d TV Execut$@!S~! WTF I just finished the last TV episode of Firefly, just when it gets REALLY good it ends~!!!!!!!! I kept looking for another disk, Cork Suxcking ICeholes! If the person that canceled the show would have been in the room with me I would have beat him worse that my father-in-law. I am afraid to watch the movie because there is no way a 2 hour movie could bring closure to this TV show without screwing it all up.

The bounty hunter was cool, he could have been in several more episodes before he got old.
    There, there Duffusmonkey. It'll be OK. We'll get through this together.

There are some other outlets for your grief and (soon to fail) recovery. The methadone to the Firefly heroin is the comic book outlet. There are a few good graphic novels that span some time between the end of the show and the movie. There are also very active fan communities all over cyberspace - some have decent fan fiction.

But just know that we are here for you - we who have suffered just as you are now...
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blogger5000 Experience PointsWell LikedVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Celebrity Browncoat
    Who wants to be Captain Mal
    are in the works i think

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    There, there Duffusmonkey. It'll be OK. We'll get through this together.
    Thanks I watched the movie tonight and I thought it was really good. It closed up a lot of loose ends, maybe more than it should of, but at least I don't feel like I left the theater in the middle of a movie
    Likes scbubba liked this post

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran
    Yeah. Movie is good but I was so disappointed at just how well it ties things up.
    It kind of killed all hope for me of a return to the show. What little I had anyway.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

SCBUBBA what was the story with Sheppard Book, I assumed he was an Alliance General or secret agent of some type before becomming a Sheppard. I assume he became a Sheppard out of guilt for something he did and he is only religeous because he can't deal with his past without some type of devine forgiveness. He clearly is not 100% sold on the Sheppard lifestyle.

My kids have been watching Firefly in the mini-van a lot lately so I have HEARD the first 6 episodes about 10 times each. With a little editing it could be a great audio drama.
    I think that an audio drama of more firefly stories would make a great project for someone. Probably an insult to suggest that KC should work on somebody else's story but if he isn't doing anything else next year...
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    SCBUBBA what was the story with Sheppard Book, I assumed he was an Alliance General or secret agent of some type before becomming a Sheppard. I assume he became a Sheppard out of guilt for something he did and he is only religeous because he can't deal with his past without some type of devine forgiveness. He clearly is not 100% sold on the Sheppard lifestyle.
    Easier to quote from someone else than try to type it all myself... wrapping in spoiler tag in case someone wants to find out for themselves via the Firefly comics/graphic novels
    SPOILER 
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:

Spolier?

Thanks SCBUBBA I found hints of that in the Wiki for another Firefly comic book but I missed that one.

I love the spoiler text option I need to experiment with it

SPOILER 
    Last edited by Duffusmonkey; Sep 27th, 2013 at 01:58 PM.
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123