User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

The State of Boston

Hi Guys,

I was in Boston today, around the area of Government Center, mostly. There were a lot of guns on the street: police presence on every block.
    Same with Mass General Hospital. I chatted with a few people; we are all hoping for the same thing: that the bastard(s) get caught.

Every local station has been running news of the event since it happened. Even sports stations in town aren't running sports talk; many are referring to it as a 'mini-911'. It is just good to see the well-wishing from so many around the country and world.

Lit
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry, what? Mini-9/11? Full of themselves much? It's terrible, sure. No question about it. But it is nowhere near the magnitude. Nowhere. Referring to it as such does nothing be belittle the memory.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was in Boston today, around the area of Government Center, mostly. There were a lot of guns on the street: police presence on every block.
    Same with Mass General Hospital. I chatted with a few people; we are all hoping for the same thing: that the bastard(s) get caught.

Every local station has been running news of the event since it happened. Even sports stations in town aren't running sports talk; many are referring to it as a 'mini-911'. It is just good to see the well-wishing from so many around the country and world.

Lit
    Thanks for the update, Lit.

Glad that you and yours are doing ok. Our prayers are with the people of Boston.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I'm sorry, what? Mini-9/11? Full of themselves much? It's terrible, sure. No question about it. But it is nowhere near the magnitude. Nowhere. Referring to it as such does nothing be belittle the memory.
    Yeah, I agree with you, that it could have been worse in terms of body count and overall impact. But tell that to the guy who lost his 8 year old son, with his wife and daughter in critical care right now.

Your loyal web dev.

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA Points10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive

Gamertag: XtremeRSR PSN ID: SenatorX
    Did you hear from your colleagues Lit?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    Did you hear from your colleagues Lit?
    Yeah. They all finished before or after, but that's not really significant. I remember when 9/11 happened, I was in Chicago at the time, and it was such a time of bonding, a time of unity, where we were going around the city and felt like encouraging everyone, trying to support everyone that we met. This actually felt quite similar.

There has been many stories surfacing of the actions of those at the time of the event. Worst are those who took the opportunity to loot merchandise from nearby stores. Next are those who, understandably, ran for cover with their loved ones. But best of all are those who ran towards the blasts, thinking only to help those that were injured. Some were Boston PD and firefighters, but several others were just volunteers, ordinary civilians who stepped up in the time of need. I'm sure it made many of us think: if this kind of thing were to happen nearby, how would we act? Which way would we run???

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I am glad that the responses to this attack are mostly the same in the US and most parts of the world. Terror is terror. The comparison with 9/11 was one of the first sentences in German news. And although the scope of 9/11 and the Boston Bombing are very different, the core is the same: an unexpected event to raise terror in the hearts of people and to destabilize (civilized) societies by establishing more police-state-regulations on the one hand and distrust and suspiciousness between the people and peoples on the other.

Currently speculations involve terrorists coming from either islamic states, simply insane guys, or - and that makes me wonder a bit - radical US-citizens which could be malcontent with the US-government ... But guess what? I don't care, who did this. I simply wonder how people can do things like this. This is hilarious, mad, a feat of cowards, inhuman, selfish and terrible. And I really hope for the best for the ones in pain right now.

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Apr 17th, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
    Likes Witch_Doctor, Litmaster liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    EDITED at 6:58 EST by Litmaster, inc:

Ok, so after I posted my last speculative pictures of possible suspects, the FBI later today released the actual photos:

Er, sorry to the guys I falsely accused. In my defense, I come from a Puritan ancestry, many of whom never allowed a little bit of factual evidence to get in the way of a good ol' fashioned witch hunt!

Last edited by Litmaster; Apr 18th, 2013 at 04:03 PM.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

What drives me mad is that there is no confessor yet.
    Compared with other terror-attacks, in which about one or two days after the event the attackers claim their misdeeds, this time no one asks for the spotlight. This is strange.

edit - *snip*

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Apr 18th, 2013 at 09:52 PM. Reason: picture changed
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    If this dude you marked on the picture is the guy or one of the guys, then my next questions are these:
    Who is the dude in the blue sports-jacket with the bag hanging on his left side (left picture)
    Yeah, I heard about that on the radio today. That guy is a track runner from Randolph High School, I think, who wrote a big thing on his Facebook page that he was NOT the bomber. He had even sent in some of his own pictures of the event to the FBI. I think he showed up at the courthouse today to clear the air, is what they were saying on the radio.

What the real FBI photos clearly show was that this was a 2 man job. I really, Really, REALLY want them to catch these guys. I don't even want sentencing or life in prison or even the death penalty. I say just brand their motherfucking foreheads with a big 'G' for GUILTY, let them loose in Copley Square, then tell them if they can make it across the Charles into Cambridge, they can go free.

Me and Sully will take care of the rest...
    Last edited by Litmaster; Apr 18th, 2013 at 04:24 PM.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast