User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    "Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Crime rates are higher because the temptation is more present to steal or to lie, but rich folks are often as uncaring and unkind as the poor. The well-fed and secure have got their own set of problems and their own way to avoid self-actualization. And, as a busker, I've found that the poorer the person, the more likely they are to toss in some money. It's not about whether poor people do more bad things, but what kind of bad things they do.
    I don't think you really mean temptation here, that's ridiculous. If anything it would be the upper class who would be more "tempted" to steal than the lower class, after all what you're stealing from the lower class is crap and nowhere near as nice as the stuff the upperclass would have.

"Builder"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    P.S. Are we getting an update on the Tower/Saul in 18-2? Please?

I was sad when the episode ended and there was no news on Saul.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mascaria View Post
    I don't think you really mean temptation here, that's ridiculous. If anything it would be the upper class who would be more "tempted" to steal than the lower class, after all what you're stealing from the lower class is crap and nowhere near as nice as the stuff the upperclass would have.
    Hm, I'm talking about tempted cause they need it, not just cause they want it.

But I think we're getting off-point too. This isn't about rich and poor, this is about the Colony versus the Tower. The Maslow's hierarchy thing was a side-note, and I initially only said that I don't like it, not that I disagree with it (though I do). Maybe a separate thread for this?

I'm still thinking we'll see hard times for the Colony on account of their dirty no-good ways. No matter how people actually act (a point worthy of lots of debate), we all know how people ought to act (a point hardly worth debating). And I'm guessing that The Colony is the bad sort, and that this will be bad for them in the end. "A bad beginning", says the old proverb, "makes a bad ending".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456