User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Moderator from the 10th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: Lake IX
    Quote Originally Posted by icepatrol View Post
    My guess is that the colony are a bunch of cannibals.
    Victor says "If you last a week then talk to me..." which seems to show that the colony only kill
    the weaklings and only the stronger people survive.
    I also think that there cannibals because they wouldnt let michael in because they cant eat him since he looks infected.
    Also when the gatekeeper was inspecting them he seemed to act as if he was inspecting food.
    wow that is messed up... and seems really plausible, i think you may have hit the nail on the head, the inspecting food part especially. that whole colony gives off a really creepy vibe
    Angel's #1 Fan

"Scavenger"

Status
    Victor says "If you last a week then talk to me..." which seems to show that the colony only kill
    I also think that there cannibals because they wouldnt let michael in because they cant eat him since he looks infected.
    Also when the gatekeeper was inspecting them he seemed to act as if he was inspecting food.
    Yes. That would make sense of a lot of it. I could totally see that happening! I wish I had the ability to read that deep into dialogue, thats very good.

"Lurker"

Status
    Wow. That's a good one. I didn't think of that.

I also get a fallout 3 vibe from the colony...but not in the good way like Megaton more like a raider camp or something. :P

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew1749 View Post
    Wow. That's a good one. I didn't think of that.

I also get a fallout 3 vibe from the colony...but not in the good way like Megaton more like a raider camp or something. :P
    I get a paradise falls vibe from it myself. Something about the place. Or maybe a Rivet city with more security
    Last edited by I The K Train I; Jan 30th, 2011 at 09:21 AM.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by I The K Train I View Post
    I get a paradise falls vide from it myself. Something about the place. Or maybe a Rivet city with more security
    lol keep on rolling with the fallout references.

Regardless I doubt that these are the good people that we are meant to think they are.

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    I don't know if this goes together. But right now Kc is playing Fallout 3 and New Veags as he's writing these episode. He's might be getting some ideas from Fallout. I love it.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Well they could be cannibals or they could be dictators. The two could also go together as well. If their way of looking at it is kill the weak and make the colony stronger, cannibalism could also go with it. Dead bodies just don't disappear by themselves. But this is just all speculation we won't know until Monday.

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra1th View Post
    Maslow's hierarchy is undisputed. The fact of the matter is, after 3 or 4 days without food and water, ur primary concern, is now food and water, at that point, things like dignity, compassion, self actualization, self esteem and even safety, become obsolete people would risk anything for a meal.

if a person was stuck in a room without air, and the only way to get oxygen was by walking into a room filled with zombies, sooner or later they would break down and open the door to the zombies, even though it means safety will become compromised.

its the same situation with security, why was it that Kelly who was sooo ready to walk out the door and leave the tower behind in one of the earlier chapters of season 1, stopped and despite hating the leadership that was in place at the time, came back into the tower? her safety was compromised, and dignity and principles no longer mattered to her, she wanted to survive, and the only way to do so, was to beg michael to let her stay.
    Undisputed it ain't. First of all, I'm disputing it (so ha!). Second, others have disputed it as well - Wikipedia says so!

Self-actualization can't be achieved by first seeking basic needs. In fact, it seems that those who have achieved it have done so by denying the bottom-of-the-pyramid stuff in order to gain the higher-up stuff. By choosing food, sex, and security over morality and principles, you make yourself more mammal than man. I never heard of a great teacher or saint who taught such a pyramid; in fact, they all turn it upside-down. My big hero Woody Guthrie got to be so great because he rode around on freight trains and got himself half-ways starved during the Great Depression. Even Jesus said, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all these things (food, clothing, shelter) will be added unto you."

Y'see, we admire the people who take the top-of-the-pyramid stuff and make it their priority. Who do you dig more - Angel or Kalani? Kalani's been trying to weasel his way to safety and security since they found him, but when the behemoth came, Angel risked his own neck just to save his sorry ass. Maslow's hierarchy is true for cowards: people who are morally reprehensible and self-serving. But in my book, it's no good gaining the whole world if you lose your soul.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblinMike View Post
    Undisputed it ain't. First of all, I'm disputing it (so ha!). Second, others have disputed it as well - Wikipedia says so!

Self-actualization can't be achieved by first seeking basic needs. In fact, it seems that those who have achieved it have done so by denying the bottom-of-the-pyramid stuff in order to gain the higher-up stuff. By choosing food, sex, and security over morality and principles, you make yourself more mammal than man. I never heard of a great teacher or saint who taught such a pyramid; in fact, they all turn it upside-down. My big hero Woody Guthrie got to be so great because he rode around on freight trains and got himself half-ways starved during the Great Depression. Even Jesus said, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all these things (food, clothing, shelter) will be added unto you."

Y'see, we admire the people who take the top-of-the-pyramid stuff and make it their priority. Who do you dig more - Angel or Kalani? Kalani's been trying to weasel his way to safety and security since they found him, but when the behemoth came, Angel risked his own neck just to save his sorry ass. Maslow's hierarchy is true for cowards: people who are morally reprehensible and self-serving. But in my book, it's no good gaining the whole world if you lose your soul.
    I mean no offense, but a starving, homeless man fighting for survival against those who would do him harm isn't likely to be terribly concerned about personal enrichment and enlightenment. There is a reason that crime rates are much higher in low income neighborhoods and third world countries with limited resources to go around. When basic needs are not met, it's dog-eat-dog. Think about it...there are probably a great number of children who go to bed hungry in the city in which you live, yet I'm sure you ate at least one good meal today. Following your logic, you would have sacrificed every bite of food and water you took in today to someone who needed it more. You would also sacrifice your car to someone who needed it more than you do...and your bank account, give it up pal...I'm broke!

"Scavenger"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by aprilhw3 View Post
    I mean no offense, but a starving, homeless man fighting for survival against those who would do him harm isn't likely to be terribly concerned about personal enrichment and enlightenment. There is a reason that crime rates are much higher in low income neighborhoods and third world countries with limited resources to go around. When basic needs are not met, it's dog-eat-dog. Think about it...there are probably a great number of children who go to bed hungry in the city in which you live, yet I'm sure you ate at least one good meal today. Following your logic, you would have sacrificed every bite of food and water you took in today to someone who needed it more. You would also sacrifice your car to someone who needed it more than you do...and your bank account, give it up pal...I'm broke!
    Well, concerning how much we should sacrifice and for whom, and when we should do it, that's a question of moral hierarchy. We're not necessarily obliged to give our last scrap of food to a stranger we don't know and haven't heard of. The ethics of altruism can be complicated, but they are there.

I still don't find maslow's hierarchy to be true, though, even in low-income neighborhoods - and I live in one. Crime rates are higher because the temptation is more present to steal or to lie, but rich folks are often as uncaring and unkind as the poor. The well-fed and secure have got their own set of problems and their own way to avoid self-actualization. And, as a busker, I've found that the poorer the person, the more likely they are to toss in some money. It's not about whether poor people do more bad things, but what kind of bad things they do.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast