User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Question Quizmaster Notes

Quizmasters,
    you are doing a great job with the REPtrivia quizzes! I don't recall having an day in the past few weeks where there was not a Daily and a Weekly quiz open.

A couple of things to remember about the REPtrivia quizzes:

1) We aim to have 1 Daily quiz open each day. Daily quizzes will have start date of the day you want people to take the quiz. The end date will be the day after the start date. A Daily quiz is typically very short (1 or 2 questions) but the difficulty can be anywhere from Newbie easy to Long-Term Veteran difficult. Your choice.

2) We aim to have 1 Weekly quiz open each week. Weekly quizzes will have a start date on a Monday and the end date will be the following Monday. This end date means that users will have through the end of Sunday to take the quiz. It's an idiosyncrasy of the system. Weekly quizzes are usually more involved (4 - 10 questions) with a mix of easier and more difficult questions. However, the number and level of the questions is up to you.

3) Please categorize your quizzes appropriately. Daily quizzes get the "Reptrivia" category and Weekly quizzes get the "Weekly or More" category. This will make it much easier to see what dates/times are available for your quizzes. When you click on the "Reptrivia" box below the list of quizzes on the main REPtrivia quiz page, you will get a list of all the Daily quizzes that are current or upcoming. You can sort them however you like to see what days are available for new quizzes. At the top of that page you will see the "Weekly or More" link. Click that to get a list of current or upcoming Weekly quizzes.

4) Rewards for quizzes - This is optional but could make things a little more interesting. Several quizzes have had a REP bonus attached to them. That is, if a user scores over a certain percent on the quiz, the quiz author will give the user REP. It is up to the quiz author to decide what score earns REP and then it is a manual task for the quiz author to award the REP. This is done by tracking down a post from the user (go to the user's public profile) and and REP it. In the REP comment, it's good to mention that the REP is for the quiz.

5) Short Answer quizzes will work now. Thanks to Kc, we got a fix from the component developer that makes judging short answer quizzes work correctly. Remember, if you create a quiz of type Short Answer, it is your responsibility to judge all of the entries.

6) I did some testing on the Multiple Selection quiz type. It looks like the scoring on this type of quiz is not quite right. The user does not get penalized for selecting answers that are not correct, only for failing to select answers that are correct. What this means is that a user can select every answer to a multiple selection question and get 100% even if only 3 of the 5 answers were supposed to be correct. I'm going to do some more digging to see if I can find out a way around this.
    Likes Litmaster liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Another note, as of 3/22/2013 here are some open dates for Daily quizzes:

Monday, 3/25
    Tuesday, 3/26
    Friday, 3/29
    Saturday, 3/30

The slot for the Weekly quiz for 3/25 - 4/1 is also currently open.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Hi there,

thank you for these notes. They are very interesting.

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Is the weekly for next week still open? I kinda want to make a weekly or more quiz at some point. If not, I can just make a few daily ones.
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    Is the weekly for next week still open? I kinda want to make a weekly or more quiz at some point. If not, I can just make a few daily ones.
    Yup! You got it....

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Nice job, Bubba! Way to take responsibility for the REPtrivia!
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Schedule Update

We have Daily quizzes through 3/31 right now. We don't have any for 4/1 - 4/8 yet.

We do have a Weekly quiz up for next week already.

Feel free to grab any of the Daily slots after 3/31.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I've got a notebook with a bunch of questions written down. I'm almost through my latest listen-through, then I plan on sifting through all the questions and organizing them into various themes and whatnot. So look for some good quizzes coming up soon. I won't claim more than 2 consecutive days to give other people a chance to get in there...
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Yeah, I've got a notebook with a bunch of questions written down. I'm almost through my latest listen-through, then I plan on sifting through all the questions and organizing them into various themes and whatnot. So look for some good quizzes coming up soon. I won't claim more than 2 consecutive days to give other people a chance to get in there...
    Sounds awesome! Thanks for jumping in with your quizzes, Lit.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys.

Ok, I've just created 7 new quizzes, including a weekly. I have more questions, but I'm kind of tired and need some help with filling in the blanks.
    Currently, I left daily quizzes open for the following dates:
    April 2nd
    April 5th
    April 8th
    April 9th

Go ahead an grab any of them. I need a little break...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast