User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    All very valid points from our view point, the listener. But I think what was kind of being asked was in regards to the view point from the characters if I'm not mistaken.
    She's done everything you said and is awesome in her own right, but that's not necesarily shared or known by everyone that interacts with her character, and may still treat her per previous perceptions.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Mar 18th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.
    Likes HardKor liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsWiki AmateurWell LikedVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    But I wonder just how is someone who just seems to be treated like absolute crap and written as a pretty worthless character at times (not shooting guns on free will, not having worthwhile skills beside flowering and piloting, and being kinda pessimistic about things, but not to the extent of someone like Kelly) is still alive at this point.
    Here he says 'written as a pretty worthless character', which for me makes it more about how we, the listeners, view her. Most of the arguments have been against this statement of her being a worthless character who hasn't/can't done/do anything.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    Here he says 'written as a pretty worthless character', which for me makes it more about how we, the listeners, view her. Most of the arguments have been against this statement of her being a worthless character who hasn't/can't done/do anything.
    Oh okay, yup sure. I think I focused more on the 'treated like absolute crap' part of it so I took it from what the characters are thinking or doing. I havn't really noticed listeners treating her or thinking of her always in a bad light so I just didn't see it like that, but I'm someone who likes all the characters, even the ones that piss me off, all except that bitch Scratch, lol.

Riley's Drinking Buddy

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki Amateur10000 Experience PointsVeteranBeloved

Gamertag: HarKor1283
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    All very valid points from the our view point, the listener. But I think what was kind of being asked was in regards to the view point from the characters if I'm not mistaken.
    She's done everything you said and is awesome in her own right, but that's not necesarily shared or known by everyone that interacts with her character, and may still treat her per previous perceptions.
    Very true, Pegs has done a lot of things to prove her worth for us as listeners, but she seems stuck with regards to the perceptions of the other characters. I guess first impressions just seem to stick.

When she first appeared she tried to attach herself to Riley to the point that Riley had to beg Michael to find something for her to do so she (Riley) could get some alone time. And then Pegs refused to use a gun early on. For the other characters that makes her look weak and clingy and no matter how much she grows or how much strength she shows, that first impression just seems to stick.

And then on top of all that, she just seems to have a streak of bad luck. Like I said before, anyone could have been the one to knock the flower pot off the ledge. Or she might have knocked it over and nothing happen. But, no, she just had to have the bad luck of getting them besieged by zombies. So now she's not only clingy and weak in the others' eyes but also a klutz who almost got them all killed. Poor thing can't catch a break.

And it's worth noting that the only person who didn't gripe and moan about her being the second pilot was Kalani, who wasn't there for the flower pot incident or see any other of the things that people got onto her about.
    Likes scbubba, REZombie liked this post
    "There a many ways to kill a zombie, but I find the most satisfying way is to stab it in the brain with a wooden stick." Dwight K. Schrute

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    3 months registered5000 Experience PointsWell Liked

Gamertag: OldtypeM87
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    Oh okay, yup sure. I think I focused more on the 'treated like absolute crap' part of it so I took it from what the characters are thinking or doing. I havn't really noticed listeners treating her or thinking of her always in a bad light so I just didn't see it like that, but I'm someone who likes all the characters, even the ones that piss me off, all except that bitch Scratch, lol.
    That was the point I was trying to go for. How the other characters treat her and have this perception of her from what we hear. I posted the question to see what everyone else thinks about her and they agree with me that she seems to be perceived and written as being the black sheep in a way.

I, for one, would rather have someone like Pegs in my crew if a zombie apocalypse happen to build morale and what not, rather than someone like that asshole Steve who tries to get pregnant women get kicked out of the tower and made a bad criticism of Kalani's noble sacrifice. If you do listen, she does everything she can to a extent to help the group and is one of the least selfish people of the group, thinking of everyone else before her. Maybe it's why she seems to be walked all over by everyone else- because of her selflessness and open personality
    If the zombie invasion happens, the first place I'm going to is Taco Bell for some chalupas. It's the last place anyone would go to.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by OldtypeM87 View Post
    That was the point I was trying to go for. How the other characters treat her and have this perception of her from what we hear. I posted the question to see what everyone else thinks about her and they agree with me that she seems to be perceived and written as being the black sheep in a way.

I, for one, would rather have someone like Pegs in my crew if a zombie apocalypse happen to build morale and what not, rather than someone like that asshole Steve who tries to get pregnant women get kicked out of the tower and made a bad criticism of Kalani's noble sacrifice. If you do listen, she does everything she can to a extent to help the group and is one of the least selfish people of the group, thinking of everyone else before her. Maybe it's why she seems to be walked all over by everyone else- because of her selflessness and open personality
    Good point. I think Pegs helps the group maintain a grasp of humanity. Her outlook on compassion for people (and cats) helps people remember that they are a part of humanity that has evolved beyond just "might makes right". Her ideals are a reflection of something that doesn't seem important to a lot of people in the show but that we, as outside observers, know is important in the long run.

And I totally agree, Steven was a prick....
    Likes stargazer18, HardKor liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavrin View Post
    I am of the opinion that Pegs' on-the-fly She may be flighty, fickle and stubborn, but she is a warrior when she has to be. It's okay, Pegs, I appreciate you.
    I agree, the show wouldn't be what it is without Pegs' Her presence is so vital to Michael's reactions to situations that you can't help but hope that they hook up and make babies...

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

I think Michaeal would have done everything he had done and said with or without Pegs. She's the opposite of him and they were never meant to be together. I think it was a situation where Pegs just fell in love with her hero type guy. Remember Michael really wasn't all that excited about her falling for him. They were a couple then and probably will always care for each other and wish nothing but the best for each other but I think that will be it. They will move on. Michael and CJ will be the perfect match. Although it may take some time to realize it, after all they'll be busy planning and taking it to the z's, that they will eventually pair up for good.

"Lurker"

Status
    Micheal and CJ? No way, will never happen. Pegs has kept Micheal grounded throughout everything, If it weren't for Pegs he would have been much more care free, and wreck-less over the past three seasons.

Micheal has been attracted to Pegs since the second episode, If you cant see that anymore I think you need to go back and listen through the series again.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Uh, yeah dude ive listened to it over 3 dozen times over the last two+ years. Which absolutely does not make me any kind of expert at all, but just like you I have an opinion regardless of how many times you or I have listened to it. I think perhaps you just need to re-read my post. I said he wasn't all that excited to hear about her attraction to him, and thats simply because he has a hard time with that sort of stuff, and he was a little busy, ya know, the whole end of the world stuff. He was attracted to those brown eyes almost immediately. But now, they are over, no doubt about it.

Name me one thing that he did differently, or did against his own better judgement just because she was around. She didn’t prevent him from testing the sweat experiment, she didn’t prevent him from running off to find a doctor, or going to the water depot, or go to kick the mallers ass, or to go to save Lizzie, or even to say f-you to Kimmet and go to Boulder instead. So, I’m not entirely sure by what you mean by Pegs keeping him ‘grounded’, how useful that was, or how it’s in any way relevant to whether they become a couple again or not.…perhaps he just swore less than he would have, idk.
    Last edited by Robzombie; Apr 1st, 2013 at 09:09 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast