User Tag List

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Notebook for all who like audiobooks.

I was informed today that the full unabridged audiobook of world war z. by max brooks has been released today. I cant wait to buy mine.
    http://maxbrooks.com/news/2013/03/07...ded-audiobook/

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I can't get into zombie fiction anymore.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Builder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    I can't get into zombie fiction anymore.
    some how that doesn't surprise me.

"Lurker"

Status
    Anyone excited for the World War Z movie?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days Later

Just a quick question...if you don't mind. I'm an independent author and I was thinking about releasing my book on audio. Does anyone know anyone who does that? I'm not sure how to even begin that process.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DA Roberts View Post
    Just a quick question...if you don't mind. I'm an independent author and I was thinking about releasing my book on audio. Does anyone know anyone who does that? I'm not sure how to even begin that process.
    Well, it depends.
    For starters: Is it meant to become an audio drama, then Kc or Shane Saulk are the guys to talk to with four seasons of WA in their blood.
    If this is about an audio book, things become kinda complicated, because there are different ways to do it - one single reader doing the job, or a narrator along with a couple of actresses and actors doing the dialogue parts. You will also have to decide, if you want to have fx, ambiente sounds, and background music.
    And most certainly you will require a good location for recording. Unless you live next to a highway, main traffic location, an airfield, or railway tracks it should not be too complicated to set up a room which thoroughly excludes noise from the outside. More interesting will be microphones, recording devices, the IT infrastructure, editing tools and stuff.
    If you decide to use fx, ambiente, and music, you may have to consider copyright-questions, unless stuff might be covered by fair use. Then you may have to consider marketing and the right platforms to makeyour audio-book known ...

These are kinda my first thoughts on this. And I am far from being an expert in this matter. But maybe that already helps a bit in order to give you some ideas. But, hey, who am I to tell you things you may already know or have thought for yourself. So I need to ask: What is it exactly you want to know? And what have you already though about?

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points28 Days Later

Thanks, that helps a lot. I'm actually considering doing it as a serialized podcast. I'll be exploring my options for a bit, tho.