User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Just tested the judging of short answer quizzes with the help of a762user.

Looks like it works just fine now. As soon as I judged the quiz, the % score showed up correctly in both the quiz entries section and in the users vBQuiz profile section.

Thanks for getting this done, too, Kc!

QUIZMASTERS

This means that short answer and essay quizzes are back in the mix. Remember that you have to judge each of the entries at some point (the sooner the better) for the users to get their scores.
    Would you mind adding this to the How-To?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    Would you mind adding this to the How-To?
    I'll do that some time this evening.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Morning quiz masters,

I'm only posting this because I've noticed a lack of follow up re: rep for correct answers on quizzes. I note this because I've gotten them correct and received nothing.

Now personally, I don't give two cruds. I personally just love quizzes like these anyway. My rep is my rep and it is what it is. But if others are taking quizzes and getting correct answers and no rep points that's a problem. So I ask you, is there a reason rep is not being handed out for correct answers?
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Morning quiz masters,

I'm only posting this because I've noticed a lack of follow up re: rep for correct answers on quizzes. I note this because I've gotten them correct and received nothing.

Now personally, I don't give two cruds. I personally just love quizzes like these anyway. My rep is my rep and it is what it is. But if others are taking quizzes and getting correct answers and no rep points that's a problem. So I ask you, is there a reason rep is not being handed out for correct answers?
    Good question. I think we probably need to have a clarification on the whole thing.

Regarding Reptrivia quizzes, is the expectation that
    a) correct answers for all quizzes will result in REP being given to the user by the quiz creator
    OR
    b) the quiz creator can offer REP for their quizzes at their discretion
    OR
    c) REP will always be given for scores of 100% on all quizzes but the quiz creator can chose to give out REP for scores lower than 100% at their discretion

I have to admit that I have been operating on the b) expectation. I'm happy to change that if we (or at least those active here) want to agree on something else.

Thoughts?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Good question. I think we probably need to have a clarification on the whole thing.

Regarding Reptrivia quizzes, is the expectation that
    a) correct answers for all quizzes will result in REP being given to the user by the quiz creator
    OR
    b) the quiz creator can offer REP for their quizzes at their discretion
    OR
    c) REP will always be given for scores of 100% on all quizzes but the quiz creator can chose to give out REP for scores lower than 100% at their discretion

I have to admit that I have been operating on the b) expectation. I'm happy to change that if we (or at least those active here) want to agree on something else.

Thoughts?
    Yar har! There be the rub.

I would personally imagine that it should be 100% gets you rep, and lower gets discretionary rep. I know Lit offered a rule on one quiz (which I bombed in spectacular fashion I might add) that if you reached a certain % you'd get rep, and post likes, then post likes, then nothing.

I think if the section is called Rep-trivia I kinda feel like if you get the question correct, you should get the rep. For week long quizzes or quizzes you set special rules to that's a different matter.

I'm not telling you what to do, I just think clarification might be helpful.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    Yar har! There be the rub.

I would personally imagine that it should be 100% gets you rep, and lower gets discretionary rep. I know Lit offered a rule on one quiz (which I bombed in spectacular fashion I might add) that if you reached a certain % you'd get rep, and post likes, then post likes, then nothing.

I think if the section is called Rep-trivia I kinda feel like if you get the question correct, you should get the rep. For week long quizzes or quizzes you set special rules to that's a different matter.

I'm not telling you what to do, I just think clarification might be helpful.
    I hear ya. I agree we need to clarify it so there's no confusion or dissension. It did grow out of the game-thread we had where the first correct answer to someone's question earned REP and the name is Reptrivia, so it would seem that expectation would be that you could earn REP on every quiz.

I'll create a dedicated thread for garnering feedback on this topic.

Thanks for bringing it up, nik!

EDIT: Here is the discussion thread for awarding REP for REPtrivia: http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/s...ll=1#post59082
    Last edited by scbubba; Apr 15th, 2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added link to discussion thread

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quizmasters

Some new information on the creating quizzes.

On the main page you get when you add (or edit) a quiz, there is a line called "Score Type." It is a drop down with the options of "Weighted Score" and "Even Score". These options affect how a quiz taker's % for the quiz is calculated.

Weighted Score
    Selecting Weighted Score will give the user the number of points assigned for the answer and score the percentage off the total number of points available across all the questions. The number of questions is not in the equation.
    For example, if you make a quiz with 5 questions each worth 1 point a piece, then the user will score X of 5 points where X represents the number of questions answered correctly.
    Another example would be to have 5 questions where the first 4 are worth 1 point each but the last question is worth 3 points. In this scenario, the user will score Y out of 7 points (4 one point questions and 1 three point questions: 4 + 3 = 7). If the user gets 2 of the first four questions right and gets the last question right, then the score would be 5 of 7 points.

Even Score
    This one is different in that the user gets one point for each question answered correctly regardless of the number of points that you give to the answers. The odd part is that the % is calculated based on the total available points instead of the total number of questions.
    For example, in the example worth 7 points above, the user who got 2 of the first four and the last question correct would have a score of 3 of 7 points (instead of the expected 3 of 5).

I think this is a bug, personally. We'll send something to the developer of the plugin about it.

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    So if we always choose 'weighted score' then we can't really get the scoring wrong is that correct.

Also, I'm adding info in the explanaition section. Mainly chapter, episode, time, and the quote if applicable. See how that works out.
    Last edited by Robzombie; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:11 AM.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    So if we always choose 'weighted score' then we can't really get the scoring wrong is that correct.

Also, I'm adding info in the explanaition section. Mainly chapter, episode, time, and the quote if applicable. See how that works out.
    To be honest, I'm not sure how weighted score works-

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure how weighted score works-
    I can't find any documentation on either one directly. My explanation/examples above are from trial, error, and observation only. So there is a chance that I'm wrong....

In general though, selecting Weighted Score seems to be the course that ends up correct more often than not at this point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast