User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Question Some notes to Quizmasters and admins

It looks like we've got a good start on the Reptrivia quizzes. Special thanks to Litmaster, Robzombie, and Kc or getting several quizzes up there.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- judging short answer quiz answers seems to always result in a 0% score for the quiz taker.

- the main Reptrivia page that lists all current and upcoming quizzes will only show 5 quizzes at a time. We have, I think, about 7 up there right now but folks can't see them all. This could cause confusion.

- Litmaster has added an incentive to his quizzes where if the quiz taker does well enough, he gets Rep from Lit.

Action items:

1) Until we determine what's up with judged answers, let's stay away from short answer quizzes (and any other type that requires judging. See the FAQ for ino on quiz types).

2) Can someone with admin/dev privilege check on the number of quizzes shown in the main Reptrivia page?

3) if you want to, and I encourage you to, include an incentive for one or more quiz takers to earn some Rep or doing well on the quiz (or being the quickest, etc)

Thanks,
    Bubba

EDIT: Short answer and essay quizzes can now be judged and the user scores will be updated correctly and immediately. Thanks t Kc for getting the vBQuiz dev to help us out.
    Last edited by scbubba; Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, there are definitely some bugs to be worked out with the new quiz thing. I have thrown up my first batch of quizzes as much for practice making the things as anything else. I've got a multi-selection one up for tomorrow that I hope works out.

1) I'll look into how the stats are generated for responses, but right now it's not looking completely accurate.

2) I will delve more into the manual to try to find a solution to the 5 quiz display. I did notice that there are multiple ways to search for a quiz, but that wouldn't really matter if a daily has already expired. I'm thinking they should just be automatically deleted after their expiration date, or old quizzes will just clutter up the list.

3) Yeah, the REP thing just seemed a bit more fun. I've got one coming up on Saturday where I invite people to wager a REP with me. Also, it would be cool if we could figure out some open-ended 'why?" type of questions that invite a subjective response, where the quiz master could display all and vote for the best answer given.

So more manual reading ahead... There is a bit of a learning curve with this thing, but once we get the hang of it, we'll be able to help other people so this should go much more smoothly.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Hmmmm... it seems the program is not giving a percent for short answer quizzes. I looked at Kc's results today (3/6), which I know he got correct, but his score on the overall quiz results page says 0%.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...serresults&u=1

However, when I went to the link for his quiz results for that quiz, it says "1 of 1 questions answered correctly, 100%."

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...s&taken_id=174

And yet, his score is in the 20th percentile. WTF?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Hmmmm... it seems the program is not giving a percent for short answer quizzes. I looked at Kc's results today (3/6), which I know he got correct, but his score on the overall quiz results page says 0%.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...serresults&u=1

However, when I went to the link for his quiz results for that quiz, it says "1 of 1 questions answered correctly, 100%."

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...s&taken_id=174

And yet, his score is in the 20th percentile. WTF?
    I've been digging through the docs on this one some tonight. I'm coming up empty on the judging/scoring stuff.

How did you come up with the links & ids for the results pages? That could be pretty useful in figuring some things out.

I ran a multi-select quiz earlier and it seemed to score things correctly. It's just the short answer ones that don't seem to be doing well right now.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I've been digging through the docs on this one some tonight. I'm coming up empty on the judging/scoring stuff.

How did you come up with the links & ids for the results pages? That could be pretty useful in figuring some things out.

I ran a multi-select quiz earlier and it seemed to score things correctly. It's just the short answer ones that don't seem to be doing well right now.

I clicked on 'Leaderboard' (2 slots left of 'Quiz Admin'), then did the dropdown menu on Kc to 'View Kc's Quiz Results', then on the 'Completed Date' link for the 3/6 daily quiz.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    I clicked on 'Leaderboard' (2 slots left of 'Quiz Admin'), then did the dropdown menu on Kc to 'View Kc's Quiz Results', then on the 'Completed Date' link for the 3/6 daily quiz.
    Ok. Thanks, I got it now.

I'm not sure how it is calculating the % scores overall and I'm not sure how the scoring of the short answer quizzes is affecting it since a user's score is sometimes shown as 0% and sometimes as the right % (depending on where you look).

So, for the foreseeable future, let's keep away from the quiz types that require judging (short answer and essay).

ADMINS/DEVS
    If anyone can figure out how to either a) increase the number of quizzes shown on the main Reptrivia page or b) change the default ordering to 'Newest Start Date' it would be a great help to make sure the active quizzes were always visible and that Quizmasters could still see which days do/do not have quizzes already.

Thanks,
    Bubba

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    I raised the quiz limit to 15 per page instead of 5. It's a setting in the admin section. I'll test out the judged section today.
    Likes Litmaster, scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Thanks for taking a look at this, Kc. Let me know how I can help.

I did notice that the main Reptrivia page is still showing 5 quizzes at a time. Didn't see a way to page through them. Just sorting still.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    There's only 5 active I think? Also, I submitted a bug report to the plugin developer for the short answer thing. I'll let you know what I hear.

EDIT: Yup, looks like another bug. Well, the way I worked around it is that I put a new link on the reptrivia button.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...sort=new_start

What that does now is loads the page with all the quizes sorted by closest to start time. I could potentially change it if need be to other parameters. You can change it by clicking the "newest start date" on the left and going from there. BUT I sure wish it would let us have more than 5...
    Last edited by Kc; Mar 7th, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Kc View Post
    There's only 5 active I think? Also, I submitted a bug report to the plugin developer for the short answer thing. I'll let you know what I hear.

EDIT: Yup, looks like another bug. Well, the way I worked around it is that I put a new link on the reptrivia button.

http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/v...sort=new_start

What that does now is loads the page with all the quizes sorted by closest to start time. I could potentially change it if need be to other parameters. You can change it by clicking the "newest start date" on the left and going from there. BUT I sure wish it would let us have more than 5...
    As always, you ROCK Kc!

Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast