User Tag List

"Fresh Meat"

Status

The Passage/The Twelve

Anyone read, or reading the 2 Justin Cronin epic Vampire books?

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

I read The Passage, and for the most part I really liked it. It isn't often that I pick up a book and have a hard time putting it back down, and this one managed to do that to me. I think I've recommended it to everyone I know like a huge book nerd. Haven't had a chance to read The Twelve yet, but it's on my shelf waiting for free time. I doubt I'll get to it this year though. Sadly, the more time I have to think about how The Passage was written, the more I have problems with it.

SPOILER 

That's just my opinion.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status

Gamertag: DavidReultAJ PSN ID: BMW XFIRE ID: 87148131475 Steam ID: CharlesNexOB Raptr ID: Human Wii Code: CharlesNex
    A friend recommended The Passage, - I didn't think I would like it because he told me something about Stephen King, and I just can't read seriously scary books. But this is a wonderful read. The characters development is very good and the author really knows how to turn an elegant phrase over and over again. I found myself rereading parts just because they were so well written I just wanted to enjoy the words again before moving on. I ordered the other two parts of the trilogy and they have not been disappointing so far. I'm a quarter of the way through the third book.

"Lurker"

Status
    The Passage was truly one of the best new novels that I have read in quite some time. Epic in scale but written with enough care that you truly feel for the main characters, this book really has a lot going for it. In some ways it is a bit reminiscent of The Stand, but for the most part The Passage is fairly original. A grand adventure, thriller, horror, love story that should easily stand the test of time and be something read over and over again.

"Lurker"

Status
    If you're serious about becoming a better gambler, look no further than this site's https://gamblersguide.info/en/ gambler's guides. I've been using them for a while now, and I'm continually impressed by the depth of knowledge they offer. The guides cover everything from game rules to betting strategies, and they're always presented in a clear and concise manner. Thanks to this site, I've been able to approach my gambling endeavors with more confidence and skill.