User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

REPtrivia - mayhem

Hi there,

now that we have this new feature - thank you Kc ! - something has come to my mind, and I am kind of hesitant about how and ifs and whatnot ...

I already addressed scbubba with the idea to create REPTrivia-quizzes which include much more questions then just a single one. The first thing that came to my mind was like this:
    1 REPTrivia quiz per season including up to as many questions as there are episodes in each season (like 12 questions for season #1); and each episode would be covered by a single question.

scbubba pointed out that 12 questions in a single REPTrivia might be too much, which is - actually - very true. Because: How long would someone like to spend on a single quiz with so many questions. But then again quizzes with like 3 or 4 questions might be something to think about.

And this is something I would like to ask you: What do you think about quizzes not only with multiple choice questions, but with multiple questions per quiz?

Considering the advised 360 seconds (check the how to create the REPTrivia), I think you could slightly raise the time to up to 600 seconds or something, then 4 questions in a single quizz might be no problem. Also quizzes may become 'more' interesting ... Not sure about the latter, though.

Ideads? Thoughts? Opinions? Rambling and rants?

All the best!
    Liam
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod
    One of the things I like about the Daily ones is that it encourages people to come to the forum, or they'll miss out. I would back a "Weekly" quiz in addition to the daily ones, that way there's always one up there. Thoughts?
    Likes LiamKerrington liked this post

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I think a mix of Daily and Weekly would be good. Always having at least 1 up every day is, I think, a key thing for the forum. Otherwise, it looks like its not being kept up or it was an after thought.

So maybe keep Daily quizzes to the 1 question, 360 seconds limits and then have Weekly quizzes with 4 - 12 (?) questions and up to 600 seconds.... (just putting it out there - not married to the numbers for Weekly).
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Yeah. I did not have a dialy mayhem on my mind; that would be way too much over the top xxl deluxe with sugar on top. Something like once a week or twice per month would be something to think about ...

Am looking forward to more input ...
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: ZombieMorbid
    I like the idea of daily and weekly. The quizzes are a pretty cool feature, i enjoy them and having more would be awesome.
    "You may find me dead in a ditch one day...But by God you'll find me in a pile of brass!"

The hardest part about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending that i'm [I][B]NOT [/B][/I]excited!

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Daily and weekly. I have been missing them because I can't get on every day.
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Daily and weekly. I have been missing them because I can't get on every day.
    Now that you mention it ... I think this is one of the reasons I have thought about raising this topic, because I simply forgot to play the first quizzes ...
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I nominate Lit's quiz this week as our 1st Weekly quiz. It looks like a good one with 5 (I think) questions.

All in favor?
    Likes Litmaster, REZombie liked this post

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I nominate Lit's quiz this week as our 1st Weekly quiz. It looks like a good one with 5 (I think) questions.

All in favor?
    Ok, I changed the dates, from Monday 3/4 through Sunday 3/10. 5 questions seems good for a weekly quiz. We are all just feeling this new thing out, so let's see how it goes.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by Litmaster View Post
    Ok, I changed the dates, from Monday 3/4 through Sunday 3/10. 5 questions seems good for a weekly quiz. We are all just feeling this new thing out, so let's see how it goes.
    Looks awesome, Lit. I set the end date to be the 11th because the system reads the end date as the first day that the quiz is turned off instead of the last day it can be taken.

Thanks for putting the effort into this, my friend.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast