User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    I have a list of documentaries that I plan on watching soon, most I have seen parts off that i still need to see end to end

"The Cove" Every year Japan slaughters about 2000 dolphins in a cove that turns blood red during the slaughter. The Japanese goverment tries to hide it so the documentary team had to do a undercover investigation to catch it on Film

"Radiactive Wolves" Documents how wildlife thrives in the radioactive area around Chernobyl because Radiation is not nearly as harmful as humans are.

"How beer saved the world" The title says it all

"King of Kong, a Fistfull of Quarters" Tracks a man trying to retake the world title for highest Donkey Kong Store, I believe he lived in his parents basement, I have to verify
    I've been meaning to get around to seeing The Cove for a while now. Guess there's no time like right now.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Dammit. The Cove was a hard watch, but worth it. I'm ashamed it took me so long to get to this.
    joint-point-counter-joint

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteranWell Liked

Gamertag: smalls kenobi Steam ID: smallskenobi
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    "Cosmos", by Carl Sagan. I just started re-watching the series on Hulu+, and it holds up very well for a product of the late 70's/early 80's. A few years back I had the chance to work on a project with a couple of SETI (Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence) scientists, one American, one Australian. Both of them admitted that "Cosmos" had inspired them to pursue careers in science in general, and SETI in particular.

have you seen the trailer for the updated Cosmos? it'll be on FOX. I'm excited.
    Likes Cabbage Patch liked this post
    In fearful day, in raging night,
    With strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
    When all seems lost in the War of Light,
    Look to the stars-- For hope burns bright!

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls kenobi View Post
    have you seen the trailer for the updated Cosmos? it'll be on FOX. I'm excited.
    That's great news! The trailer was impressive, and the special effects have sure come a long way. Now let's hope they don't **** it up!

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

King of Kong is one of my favorites!!!!
    Likes Bakkie-Pleur liked this post

"Gatherer"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registeredLoved

I love documentaries....from the very serious, to the taboo, to the hilarious. I recently bought this after I saw it on Showtime. Epic!!! and from the creators of Jackass. By the way, I'm a huge fan of Jesco after seeing a documentary about his father and how he took over the dancing shoes ...I think it was on PBS in the early 80s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12