User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranExtreme LoveOverdrive
    Blog Entries

Gamertag: kc wayland Steam ID: waylandprod

Question Reptrivia - HOW TO...

SO! Many of you were wondering what is that reptrivia button on top? How does it work. WELL, here it is.

IF you are a "Quizmaster" you can administer quizes. IF NOT, you can request to be part of the group here:
    http://www.zombiepodcast.com/forum/p...editusergroups

If our moderator leaders feel you qualify you will be added to the list.

ANYONE can take the quiz, but only Quizmasters can create them.

To TAKE the quiz, click on Reptrivia and select the quiz date you want to take. If the quiz is available there will be a link to take test on the right column, if not active yet, it will say "Not available at this time".

QUIZMASTERS! You can create tests in advance for each day. Just set the date in advance and make sure that day is available.

How do you create quizes? Here we go:

Click on the "Reptrivia" tab at the top and select "Add Quiz" from the list below.

On the next screen make your Daily quiz with the name:
    Daily Reptrivia! 23 Feb 2013 [Change the date to the date you want to have your quiz.]
    NOTE!!! Only one test is permitted per day. SO, look at the front page to see if a future date is available.
    Quiz Description can be whatever you like to further details your quiz. I copied and pasted the title here since I didn't have any further details to discus.

Make sure the Category is aily Reptrivia. Otherwise someone may not be able to use the test.

QUIZ TYPE: If you select Multiple choice you provide the correct answer, IF you select short answer or essay, they will need to be judged. The other quiz types I have not experimented with, so for now it's best to use multiple choice or short answer.

Maximum tries set to 1.
    Time limit set to 360. AS a standard each quiz should use 360 seconds.
    Score type: Weighted Score (*NEW correction)
    Hidden until Start: No
    Guest accessible: yes.

Quiz Start Date: 23 Feb 2013 [SAMPLE DATE]
    Quiz End Date: 24 Feb 2013 [1 Day AFTER Date]
    Rules and Suggestions: LEAVE as in unless you have any specific instructions.

Select "No" for explanation unless you want to explain your answer. And click create.

NOW your quiz is created but NOT active and you haven't set the questions. Click on your quiz to edit it.

The next page is the layout for your quiz. Select "Modify Questions"

Here is a sample of the type Multiple choice, where you can select 1 question and how many possible answers. The sample here is 1 question, 4 answers. Type in how many questions and answers you want, then select "Add Question"

Now type in the question and the possible answers below. Because the default quiz is either right or wrong, select the correct answer and make it worth 1 point and select "Correct answer" next to it. You also have the option to use images for the questions as well, and if that's the case you can select browse and upload the images. Then click "Add question" to finish this page.

Now it's time to activate your quiz! Click on "Quiz options" and select activate quiz.

That's it! It's a lot of steps, but we'll get used to it after a while.

IF your questions were short answer, the responses need to be judged. Only quizmasters can do this. Whoever administered the test is responsible for judging the entries.

To Judge someone's answers (Or in other words say correct or incorrect):

Quiz Admin and click on the Judge Entry next to the entry. There will be a small Gavel. You cannot correct your own quiz however. SO in that case you could ask another quizmaster, or just not enter the day you make the quiz. It's only fair

On the judgement screen you look at the answer and select the final score. 1 is correct 0 is wrong, and possible score should always be set to 1!!! Then click submit results. That's how you judge the answers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kc; May 2nd, 2013 at 10:31 AM.

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Make sure that the "Hidden Until Start?" tab is set to 'NO'!

REPtrivia.jpg
    Likes Alura, scbubba, Kc liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurWA PointsBeloved25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: D4wGxxB0neS
    I noticed that someone was able to get 2 tries at my quiz today. I had it set to 1 try, and even double chacked after the fact and it's set to one...is that a possible glitch or something else going on there?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    I noticed that someone was able to get 2 tries at my quiz today. I had it set to 1 try, and even double chacked after the fact and it's set to one...is that a possible glitch or something else going on there?
    Was it a user or was it an anonymous guest?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see it once I looked at the current entries for your quiz. Very curious indeed....
    Last edited by scbubba; Mar 8th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

I was able to duplicate this. The quiz is set up for 1 try. I took the quiz all the way through the end. Then I used the back button on my browser and went back to the page that said "Take the Quiz". I hit the button to take the quiz again and, voila!, I took it again and have two entries for the "limit 1" quiz....

So, unless or until we can figure out a way to stop that from happening, we may have to manually "work around" the issue.

Quizmasters
    After your quiz has completed, please review the list of entries (From the page for your quiz, click on the Quiz Options button and select 'Current Entries' from the drop down list). The list should be ordered by the date/time that the users completed the quiz. You can change the sorting to go by username and then scan the list for multiple entries from the same user.

If you find multiples, you can either try to figure out which one is the oldest and remove all other entries for that user in your quiz. Or, remove all but one of the entries using your own discretion...

Any thoughts on this approach?

Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Wiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    I was able to duplicate this. The quiz is set up for 1 try. I took the quiz all the way through the end. Then I used the back button on my browser and went back to the page that said "Take the Quiz". I hit the button to take the quiz again and, voila!, I took it again and have two entries for the "limit 1" quiz....

So, unless or until we can figure out a way to stop that from happening, we may have to manually "work around" the issue.

Quizmasters
    After your quiz has completed, please review the list of entries (From the page for your quiz, click on the Quiz Options button and select 'Current Entries' from the drop down list). The list should be ordered by the date/time that the users completed the quiz. You can change the sorting to go by username and then scan the list for multiple entries from the same user.

If you find multiples, you can either try to figure out which one is the oldest and remove all other entries for that user in your quiz. Or, remove all but one of the entries using your own discretion...

Any thoughts on this approach?
    Yeah... it's cheating to boost stats (unless somebody just LOOOOOOOVES the quiz so much they wanted to take it again).

I think whoever is caught doing it should get 0% for that quiz.

Likes scbubba, Robzombie liked this post
    We're back Alive again for WA Descendants!!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

I'm tooting my own horn, do I get a glitch finder award thingy, like a cookie or something. I know Scubba did all the work in sorting out the why's and how's and stuff, but he already knows he's awesome, where as I need all the verification I can get! No no, I just haven't been able to find any glitch yet so I want one, gimme gimme!

tounge firmly planted in cheek, but seriously, if you have a cookie...?

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:

I'm tooting my own horn, do I get a glitch finder award thingy, like a cookie or something. I know Scubba did all the work in sorting out the why's and how's and stuff, but he already knows he's awesome, where as I need all the verification I can get! No no, I just haven't been able to find any glitch yet so I want one, gimme gimme!

tounge firmly planted in cheek, but seriously, if you have a cookie...?
    Here ya go....

But maybe Kc will throw some Bug Hunter points atcha....
    Likes Robzombie liked this post

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Here ya go....

But maybe Kc will throw some Bug Hunter points atcha....
    Thats awesome, thank you, I got my cookie!!!

"Researcher"

Status
    Achievements:

The reptrivia listing looks all fucked up and the order is hard to under stand. I just end up looking at the end date to figure out the order and if others have taken the quiz. You douches have been filling up the 5 viewable limit all week so I havent added to it. I\ve had a bunch waiting to add but I don't want to push a previous entry out that is still valid. Just a comment, but maybe allow a days spacing between your entry and the last to allow an opportunity for someone else to throw one in there....idk. I have a dozen and if I entered them all then no one would see the previous but valid quizes....
    Some discussion or sorting out might be needed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast