User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteran
    Blog Entries

I've been saying this for a very long time. Large groups of survivors got picked off first. Large groups of organized survivors I should say. Ink tested the Tower and found that they were pretty weak and lame (he was safely in and didn't call for back ups unlike at Dunbar where he immediately called the cavalry). Mallers were hardly a concern because of their weak position, but Dunbar definitely was. Organized, smart, but sadly for them predictable. They got infiltrated by the Mallers and TOWTM.

I'm not going to say that Colorado and Irwin was a specific target of TOWTM, however I will say I'm sure he wouldn't necessarily be disappointed by the outcome.

Great post, piers!
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Definitely a great post, piers!

I don't think Ink/TOWTM/Pinstripes/Whatever was targeting or knew about Boulder and/or Fort Irwin. Those became targets of opportunity for 2nd generation Little Ones. None of his original creations (numbered Little Ones) made it to either place so I doubt he knew about them.

Otherwise, great tie in with The Road to Living Death and Angel's remarks....
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Loved5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Wow! I posted back when I first signed up in June about how I had this weird gut feeling I couldn't explain. It was telling me that Randy is Michael's long-estranged brother. I shot down the idea because I thought I was reading into it too far but Lillydragon and Nik have made me think about it again. Mind blown!
    "Shoot that bitch in the face!"

"No fuckin' love, I tell ya. Y'all fuckin' stink anyway."
    In the words of the great scbubba: Long live the Puck!!!

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    Beloved10000 Experience Points1 year registered

Gamertag: Lmaosunscrotch PSN ID: Flamed (I think) Wii Code: Lol
    I had felt there was a previous connection between Mikey and Randy. I had always felt that maybe they were step brothers, cousins, or perhaps 1 of them was adopted. It was the only way I could see what Micheal said wasnt completely a lie about his past.
    Likes Alizée liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: slilckJoshua Steam ID: Grognaurd
    Quote Originally Posted by nikvoodoo View Post
    This is going to be the catch all small tid bit thread for things you noticed on a re-listen of the show. While this isn't exactly a small thing I'll start with something posted in another thread which combines Liam's thought and mine...

There's a possibility that Randy was Michael's brother. Kelly describes Michael as not fitting the only child mold early in Season 2 and it may be one of the reasons Michael won't talk about what happened at the Water Works when he broke his arm.
    Another non sequitur is Michael after Saul's return on the motor scooter. He is so happy, he hugs Saul! Even Saul is taken aback. Two things happen, Saul calls him Mikey and tells the story/joke of a stolen motor scooter by a zombie. Michael is deadpan in his delivery "Your not funny"

I bring this up in light of Chapter 37. He still bristles at Mikey. Still not sure if the scooter traffic accident references his parents death that we do not learn of until later or if there is another shoe to fall, but please turn the motor scooter into a crotch rocket or a high performance dirt bike. A scooter is just a major loss of coolness points...
    Likes Storm, Alizée, scbubba liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Robzombie View Post
    After Simon runs out and gets himself killed, the next morning at breakfast Michael says “first Carly, next Simon, wanna guess who’s next” Angel says, “That seems Wrong”. I just figured out what the hell that’s about. Always wondered but didn’t really think much about it but it always bothered me. Carly Simons middle name is Elisabeth, it’s foreshadowing of Lizzie leaving the tower. I’m sure many of you knew this but I hadn’t seen it brought up, and I might have known earlier but I’m not a fan. Yay I learned something new in WA!
    My bad. I tried to rep you and frackin' fat fingered it.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

I've been listening from the beginning again and caught something. While Datu is digging he stops because he heard something. If you listen closely, it sounds like what he hears is a hand gun being shot (2 shots).

The whole Arena timeline is difficult to sort through because of when things jump back and forth they aren't neccisarrily happening at the same time. I really want to make a stretch statement on the person shooting the gun being Randy and he contacted Micheal via CB before entering, and that is how Micheal and the Mallers knew where the zombies were residing.

Chapter 10 part 2 @ about 21:50
    Likes Storm liked this post

We're Alive Sponsor

Status
    Achievements:

Quote Originally Posted by pmchawk View Post
    I've been listening from the beginning again and caught something. While Datu is digging he stops because he heard something. If you listen closely, it sounds like what he hears is a hand gun being shot (2 shots).

The whole Arena timeline is difficult to sort through because of when things jump back and forth they aren't neccisarrily happening at the same time. I really want to make a stretch statement on the person shooting the gun being Randy and he contacted Micheal via CB before entering, and that is how Micheal and the Mallers knew where the zombies were residing.

Chapter 10 part 2 @ about 21:50
    Nice catch. I have not gone back to listened to it. Could it be gunfire from Angel and Riley? Your right, the time sequence is jumbled in my head.

But, what I really like is your Randy concept. I do not know if he is shooting, but I think he plays a critical role in information transfer with Michael. We know a lot more know than we did then. My guess is Sean etal regroup with Randy at the water works before and /or after they counter attack the arena. Heck, i can even imagine Randy or somoene slamming the door on Michael's Arm to prevent him from being dragged away. The biter dragging him would then have to let go or get the door back open. In either case, it is very vunerable to counter attack. We have heard two pieces of the story. It got slammed in a door (Season 2) and it was nearly ripped off (Season 4). What I propose is a nice hybrid of the two.

Working with CJ's team is how Michael learns "Where do you go when you sleep" and is able to bring the Hummer, Burt and Saul.

Do those concrete Channels that they have run out to the arena? My guess is they were part of the route taken. Twice we hear about the graveyard of cars blocking the route -- Angel, Riley and Datu have to abandon their car to get there and again Michael references this while on the helicopter fleeing LA.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:

I had debated about the guns shots being from Angel and Riley however there was no zombie scream before Datu's gun shots like there is with A/R's. both were 2 shots though.

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsBeloved1 year registered
    Re listening to Ch 4 now. They just started the journals and are trying to build a map and figure out the ripple. Michael makes the comment that if they can figure out where it started then that place may hold the key to ending it too. Later as they are reading the journals Michael says there is a definite pattern and it looks like the origin is in Inglewood around 9am. We don't find out till much later in the series about ground zero, but this supports the theory that ground zero is probably the origin. At least for LA.
    [FONT=verdana][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][B]Meat and Girth [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:squint:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast