User Tag List

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

[Movie] - Iron Sky Director's Cut in LA on Feb 27th, 2013

Helo everyone,

I received this mail from a friend a few hours ago:

Iron Sky: Director's Cut in Los Angeles
    Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.

IRON SKY: DIRECTOR'S CUT GOES LOS ANGELES!

Ahoy, troopers!

Iron Sky: Director's Cut will be screened in an exclusive, one-time-only theatrical screening in Los Angeles, at Laemmle's theatre in North Hollywood on February 27th at 7pm. The director Timo Vuorensola and producer Tero Kaukomaa will be presenting the film and will do a Q&A afterwards -- this is, in case we reach our goal of at least 62 admissions! Get your tickets to the screening here, this is the only time the 20-minutes-longer version of Iron Sky will be screened theatrically in Los Angeles, and a great chance to see the Director's Cut before anyone else does, so be quick!
    About a week ago I watched it in Berlin during the Berlinale. The Director'S Cut of Iron Sky is about 20 minutes longer; and these 20 minutes really make a difference. The movie gets even better.

So, if you like to watch it, register for the guests-lists: http://www.tugg.com/events/3107

All the best!
    Liam

P.S.: I am not affiliated with the movie and movie-makers; I just love it; there is no gain for me in this one ...
    Likes Cabbage Patch, scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Browncoat

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First Class1 year registeredExtreme Love50000 Experience Points

Oh my. I don't know how in the world I missed this coming out last year but I just laughed my butt off at the trailer....

I can't go to the screening in LA but I'm gonna find this movie and watch it STAT!

Thanks for the pointer, Liam.
    Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scbubba View Post
    Oh my. I don't know how in the world I missed this coming out last year but I just laughed my butt off at the trailer....

I can't go to the screening in LA but I'm gonna find this movie and watch it STAT!

Thanks for the pointer, Liam.
    Be advised: The original movie is bi-lingual. The Nazis really speak German, if Americans are not / nearly not involved in certain scenes. But the movie IS (not has) subtitled in those scenes.

Aside this: This movie is packed with easter-eggs en mass! Really, if you have some knowledge in nerdy pop-culture and crazy political theories then you will enjoy this movie in almost any minute of it ... The first time I watched it I just laughed or grinned for for the length of the movie straight ... And so did the cinema audience ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Feb 20th, 2013 at 05:03 AM.
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Expelled From The Tower"

Status
    Blog Entries
    Blog Entries
    it's in my netflix que, i just haven't watched it. guess i have to now.

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    Blog Entries

Maybe I should put a small warning on this movie:

The USA don't get well away in this movie. Please consider this movie a satire or parody or both, which it actually is. As soon as you take things too serious, you might consider it an affront, if not a outright insult asking for a retaliation-strike against Finland ... Why Finland? Because it was produced there after all ...

All the best!
    Liam
    Last edited by LiamKerrington; Feb 20th, 2013 at 05:15 AM.
    Zombie Story:
    - is fun.

"Lurker"

Status
    I am pleased to know that you received this all important email just when you needed it most. An important message was given in this email that made your day because you were waiting for it impatiently. I have got dissertation help from an online writer who can also assist you in educational career.

"Lurker"

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Good57 View Post
    I am pleased to know that you received this all important email just when you needed it most. An important message was given in this email that made your day because you were waiting for it impatiently. I have got dissertation help from an online writer who can also assist you in educational career.
    Oh, I'm happy to find this thread. I got the same issue and it unfortunate me a lot at first. Everyone in my class got the permit on using Github Education without any problem, but I'm the one with it. And, honestly, I was so happy to hear that we finally start using GitHub for studying, because it was so boring before. I just use sources to get ready for some of my study tasks and waste all my free time on useless things. I eventually started to use tools like research proposal service so I will have more time to focus on courses I like. Now I'm so motivated by this news.