User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I consider the article a good one. And I guess that using mane-haired to describe Grillo's appearance is fairly ok, as well as the prosecco thing. In my opinion, the stock-exchange losses are not that extraordinary if you take a look at the German DAX for example in February 2013. There is no panic. It had its ups and downs.

But back to the article, it lacks a distinct showmanship, I think it is informative and well written. It is just my opinion and if you have a complete different one, you are welcome. I like diversity.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I recently found a nice example of bad / good journalism.

Last monday, the Italians elected a new parliament. Wow, democracy in action. What is the catch? The German media's main goal seems to be making fun of the outcome of the election...[/URL]
    Since this thread all started with comments on Fox News reporting I thought it was only fitting to share their take on the Italian election results:

On the election results: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...cial-election/

On the potential economic impact: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...lmer-eurozone/
    Last edited by Cabbage Patch; Feb 27th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
    Likes Osiris, scbubba, LiamKerrington liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

I consider the article a good one. And I guess that using mane-haired to describe Grillo's appearance is fairly ok, as well as the prosecco thing. In my opinion, the stock-exchange losses are not that extraordinary if you take a look at the German DAX for example in February 2013. There is no panic. It had its ups and downs.
    No reason to challenge most of you wrote there - except for the stock-exchange-drop. Today I listened to a press-review, in which articles from the press from all over Europe was covered. And there the drop in the stock-exchange was directly related to the elections in Italy; but this is a mott point to discuss the quality of such news, since - as you say - changes on the stock-exchanges happen all the time.

But back to the article, it lacks a distinct showmanship, I think it is informative and well written. It is just my opinion and if you have a complete different one, you are welcome. I like diversity.
    This is exactly the point: "I think", "my opinion", "you have a complete different one", "diversity".
    Again I raise the question: What makes news, a news-service, or media a "good" one? What is the measure for "good"? You refer to your opinion, which is exactly what I do all the time. And I also throw in that any media basically gets down to "opinions" as well - no matter how close you get to neutral 'facts'.

All the best!
    Liam
    Likes scbubba liked this post
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage Patch View Post
    Since this thread all started with comments on Fox News reporting I thought it was only fitting to share their take on the Italian election results:

On the election results: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...cial-election/

On the potential economic impact: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/02...lmer-eurozone/
    No offense intended, YABC, but the quality of the FOX articles are - in my opinion - a lot better then the article provided by The Guardian, since FOX News does not seem to focus on unimportant trivia like what The Guardian does.

BUT: Both articles are worth reading anyway, because both have their particular foci and adress different audiences ... So, which one is the better one?

All the best!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamKerrington View Post
    No offense intended, YABC, but the quality of the FOX articles are - in my opinion - a lot better then the article provided by The Guardian, since FOX News does not seem to focus on unimportant trivia like what The Guardian does.

BUT: Both articles are worth reading anyway, because both have their particular foci and adress different audiences ... So, which one is the better one?

All the best!
    Liam
    I think that you cannot compare both articles because they cover different aspects of the Italian vote. The Fox article gives a basic overview. Bersani is a former communist, a left-wing politician, well yes. I guess that there is nothing nice to say aber Silvio, he wants to give the people their money back, that is ok as well. Grillo is a comedian, a provocateur convicted of manslaughter. But "Grillo's forces are the greatest unknown", come on, Fox do your homework. There are a lot of sources. All in all, the article is ok.

I have more problems with the second article, just because it is a Q&A one. I have not read one article of this kind that really helped me to understand the European financial crisis. Not one. The whole structure those kind of articles suggest that there are short and easy answers. There have been a whole bunch of augurs and analysts, but nobody provided a solution to the problem.

What are good news? I do not know. Maybe we all have to invest more time in reading articles / background information. Do not believe in condensed information (high-level statements), whatever.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011