User Tag List

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsTagger Second ClassWell LikedVeteran

Jericho, oh Jericho.

I've only recently watched the series and was wondering if anybody else watched it?
    For those of you who are unaware, it follows a small town in Kansas after 25 US cities were taken out with small- mid sized nuclear devices.
    Unfortunately CBS cancelled it after season 1. A fan campaign brought it back but it was again cancelled seven episodes into season 2.
    Another victim, like firefly, of poor promotion by a television network.
    More recently Netflix has been in talks with CBS about purchasing the rights to it with the aim of finishing the second series and possibly making it an ongoing series.
    Talks seem to have broken down right now but fans are waiting eagerly to hear news.

"Body Removal Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassPro Level Wiki EditorWA PointsTagger First Class25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran
    Jericho was an interesting, thought provoking series. Some of the episodes, particularly in the first season, were too soap-opera-y for my taste, but I hated to see it cancelled, both times. The creators continued the story in a 4-issue Jericho comic series, which picks up right where the show left off.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    Interesting. I agree about the earlier episodes but it gets much stronger as it goes along.
    The whole "Nuts" campaign is amusing and hopefully will be effective, they've started sending them to netflix employees as well as CBS people now.
    Just a few days ago there was rumours about talks between the writers agents and netflix so who knows.

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Jericho put a spell on me, although I only watched season #1. The rollercoaster-ride of the show's demise from the end of season #1 up to its end in season #2-7 I just recognized through the media. And I felt very, very sorry. I would be glad to see it up and alive again.
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Gatherer"

Status
    I have studied military history and researched nuclear warfare pretty heavily once upon a time. Jericho was pretty badass imo and ballsy as well. Not many shows say hey a big part of our plot line for this series is going to include American cities going boom and glowing afterwards

War, War Never Changes.

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsHigh Level WikiTagger Second ClassVeteran

Gamertag: ii st4rs ii
    Unlike most shows these days, I was hooked into it quickly. Although I never did finish all the episodes on Netflix.

"Hunter"

Status
    Achievements:
    It gets so much better in season 2. I'd really recommend finishing it, although I'd understand if you waited for news about it being picked up again. Again.